RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Green Horn

REV73 is on a distinguished road
Default vintage Tamiya Bruiser question.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to pose this question so I will apologize in advance if I'm in the wrong area...I am restoring an original Bruiser with the 750 motor and would like to add a modern esc since the original ones are about as rare as unicorn poop...I would like to use one of the Tamiya TEU esc's but I don't know which one. I have googled the heck out of this question and some say that the TEU-104bk should be a good fit because apparently the 750 motor is supposedly a 27 turn motor??? I am not sure about that but that is what I have read. I am not interested in any other brands of esc's so telling me about a brand other than Tamiya isn't really what I am looking for. If anyone could shed some light on these questions for me that would be great!!! cheers.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:03 AM

Berman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: vintage Tamiya Bruiser question.

Supossedly the 750 is ideally for more torque, if you are worried and want to use a Tamiya esc, the safest bet would be the teu-302bk, it has twice the continuous forward current (120A) than the 101,104 and 105 and three drive frequencies. It is a little more expensive though. I still run the mechanical speed control in mine.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Green Horn

REV73 is on a distinguished road

I would be ok using the original, but someone sliced off the resistor wires and I don't ever see them on ebay...could I use one of the old style speed controls that has the 3 prong resistor instead? I have a few of them kicking around, or would that burn up?
Old 04-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

I think you're better off getting the newer esc. last thing you want is a runnaway!

I have a vintage bruiser body on a highlift chassis. kinda feels like putting a 37 chevy on a 87 blazer frame lol. you know its not correct but its so much newer
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.