RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 990 cat loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
I guess that program I told you about worked.
It was funny it just made the pic look like a broken windshield I ended up tracing the logo and scaling it down . I got a new cam the logo is only .02 deep . I never had a pic that showed the detail like that got a lil tripod too , big help

thanks Ed , Rod should be able to load trucks in june ( I hope )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

That really looks awesome. I love the Cat logo and grill!

Reg
Old 03-15-2012, 02:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

That's looking mighty fine, Steve! The new camera seems to be a good improvement over the old. At least we can see what you are building now! So how long before you start mass producing these 990 loaders?
Old 03-15-2012, 04:26 AM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Wow. looks good Steve!
Guess has to talk to Santa already today, a new mill would be great.
Suggestion for moderators, with all those fantastic builds coming now built with CNC, maybee there should be a special headline for CNC tech/questions (under RC Tech section??)

Will follow this build closely!
Dan
Old 03-15-2012, 08:09 AM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
That's looking mighty fine, Steve! The new camera seems to be a good improvement over the old. At least we can see what you are building now! So how long before you start mass producing these 990 loaders?
IDK Nate , right now it's my escape from making truck parts who knows maybe down the road someday , as for cat , not sure , depends on them right now I'm building the machines for me .

thanks Reg . Dan cnc not easy as it seems I can't imagine starting on cnc machining without some manual machining experience

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Dude that is too cool!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

**** Steve Every Build of Yours outdoes the next one

keeping an eye on this one

Alfy
Old 03-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Very nice build Steve. The grill is waycool. Keep the photo's coming..

greg
Old 03-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Looking good steve-Looks like you have that c-n-c stuff down pat. Since I am older I always think back to the days when machinist were doing this kind of work with manual machines before c-n-c was even thought about. Don't get me wrong,the work you are doing is fantastic but I now have a greater appreciation for the older machinist. Looking forward to seeing this model working.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:19 PM

Thank you Guys

I took a break this afternoon from cuttin wheel holes and finished up my spool carriers for my axles This way makes for ease of adjustment between the ring and pinion I would've like to have splined axle shafts , but this will do for now

Old 03-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough

Nice craftsmanship on the carrier and the whole project as well. I can't wait to see it moving dirt or rock.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 PM

B-Train Hauler is on a distinguished road

Wow, love this groove for the big gear...
There's a good exemple of the difference between the new cnc users that can make "parts" and the real machinist in real control of the process...
Can't wait to see next steps

Old 03-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Green Horn

hauler_10-4 is on a distinguished road

Wow excellent craftmenship Steve. Love the new clearer and brighter pics. Keep the updates coming.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:46 PM

thank you , guys

I've been dabling here and there on this trying to keep at it to finish

I made a few things agian in betwwen TRYING to get ppls stuff done . As for the cnc , there are days I just want to yank it out of the shop I miss REAL hand wheels

deck plate

should've been able to let this go for 3hrs and do somethin else , but no , had to brake the program up into 5 programs the program was more then the mill memory storage on the mill and for some freak reason the DNC link would not werk this time oh well it's done 1400 holes

oil tank

somethings are best done manually saves on extra werk notice welded up hole ( thanks to Smokin Joe for Tig ) I still need more practice

Pump from Vanisle thanks Richard the robbe valves come as a bolt together unit for multiple valves . I'm going to make a 1 peice base when I get a free moment in th VMC

I got so disgusted with the shop 1 evening and roughed in the cab

I got a DRO for my lathe a couple months back . So I thought over easter I could get it put on Well , I hope to finish it in the early morning tomorrow Ad be back at it learning how to think differently again

Old 04-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Monumental build steve...5 stars on this thread....Keep up the good work

Alfy
Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Steve, how did you ever become the machinist you are today? Was this something you did for a living, or just something you started playing around with, and self-taught yourself? Cause you're doing a fine job, and it's working for you.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:55 AM

Nate , CNC machining is self taught and is a long rough road manuel machining some of both started at age of 13 on 12 x 48 hendy lathe keeping the equipment running . My dad is a ME , so I got some basics from him . Mostly , understand how something is made and how a machine tool functions with an open mind with a can do attitude .I still want a good manual mill bad . I should add I'm an operator , I cut my teeth on a "60's" 310 case dozer started full time At age of 13 on a IH TD7E and still operate it to this day . We did our own repairs and attachment making . the 310 case is the only 1 to my knowledge with a 6 way blade

thanks Alfy

back to werk

Old 04-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Don't you hate long load times and with these old controls. Did you repeat incrementally? Rather than separate event. But you did have 1400 holes I guess that would take up some memory that needed broken down.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
Don't you hate long load times and with these old controls. Did you repeat incrementally? Rather than separate event. But you did have 1400 holes I guess that would take up some memory that needed broken down.
I broke it in segments (1 group of holes at a time ) the program was close to 200,000 megs or gigs IIRC . something that long I usually run it right off the floppy drive via DNC ( as the manual calls it ) it just been terminating part way through the program lately . could be the floppy drive . I guess I'm gona have to get that usb conversion the older mill I have to load it manually it use to have a tape reader that went bad . you know ,1 made from nonobtainium

Old 04-13-2012, 05:42 AM
Wannabe

pugs is on a distinguished road

Looking good Steve.

Research parametric programming (subroutines and loop calls) could probably do all them holes in a program a dozen lines of code long assuming your control can do subs, loops, and variables.

Looks like should be a fun toy soon.