RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:05 PM

ngward79 is on a distinguished road
Default Ohio Rc Scale Guru's

I belong to a group called the Ohio Rc Scale Guru's with over 700 members, most being from Ohio but we have members from all over the country and our group is only a year and a half old and for the most part we do scale rock crawling but a lot of us are into other forms of rc as well. Last fall we had a comp and had exhibition runs from a local Tractor pulling group and went well , so this year we are wanting to expand a d we will have exhibition class for King of the Hammers style racing, Mega Muddy Truck racing, and the tractor pulling as well. I myself have been on this site for a while and have watched videos on YouTube forever and am dying to get into scale construction equipment. I'm on the Guru's admin team and talk to the others and we want to try to get some of you guys to come out to our comp in July to just show what it is you do to try and expand all the different forms of our hobby together and help each other's grow. We invite anyone from anywhere willing to come and with absolutely no fee's of any kind and we will supply a big pile of dirt for you guys to play with. The land is privately owned by the founder of our group who just so happens to run heavy equipment for a living and would love for you guys to come join in on the fun. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Some pics of a local group we invited last year to do some exhibition runs for the tractor pulling and was a great success and got several of our other members involved in there hobby and we got a few of them to join ours as well and they will be back this year for our summer event as well.

A few pics from the comp

We make our events family oriented and have people of all ages ranging from 8 years old to mid 50's and we even allow pets ! All the participants of our kids class received a plaque and prize for competing.

As you can see we had a good turn out at our last event this past fall with over 120 competitors plus more people from our kids class and exhibition from the tractor pull.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Ohio Rc Scale Guru's

Sorry, forgot to mention it's in Logan Ohio ( near Columbus ) from July 19th -20th and camping on the event property is free and as I said before the event is free for you guys to run your construction equipment and food vendors will be there to sell food and drinks our you can bring your own and we will also have restroom facilities as well. And thanks in advance to anyone willing to come out.

- Nick -
Old 04-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road

Cool.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:22 PM

Not complaining but I'm surprised nobody seems interested. I know I'm relatively new here and nobody knows me but I have nothing but good intentions for both sides of these hobbies plus I know it would still coast money for people to come to the event for food ( which will be sold at the event or you can bring your own ), lodging ( though on site camping is free ) and travel expenses but I think it's a great opportunity to get people interested in trucking and constructionon from our side of the hobby and ppossibly people from the trucking & construction side seeing how fun rock crawling can be and to also see the competition side as well. The event will be in a few weeks and if anyone is willing to come out I need to know so we can have a site setup for people who are coming with trucking & construction equipment, so please let me know if you plan to attend so I can make sure the proper things are in place .

- Nick -
Old 06-24-2014, 09:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like fun..
Old 06-24-2014, 11:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngward79 View Post
Not complaining but I'm surprised nobody seems interested. I know I'm relatively new here and nobody knows me but I have nothing but good intentions for both sides of these hobbies plus I know it would still coast money for people to come to the event for food ( which will be sold at the event or you can bring your own ), lodging ( though on site camping is free ) and travel expenses but I think it's a great opportunity to get people interested in trucking and constructionon from our side of the hobby and ppossibly people from the trucking & construction side seeing how fun rock crawling can be and to also see the competition side as well. The event will be in a few weeks and if anyone is willing to come out I need to know so we can have a site setup for people who are coming with trucking & construction equipment, so please let me know if you plan to attend so I can make sure the proper things are in place .

- Nick -
PLEASE keep posting event's! I'm not close to any big club's, but still like to see what's going on.
Cheers, Neil.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:35 AM

Berman is on a distinguished road

That looks like an awesome weekend away! Some of us would love to go to a venue like yours, I hope you have a fantastic time and like my namesake above says, please post pics afterwards, we would love to see how it went B)

Neil
Old 06-25-2014, 03:09 AM

Thanks guys ! I'll post up pics from the aftermath ! Here is an updated banner of the event with a list of all the sponsorship we got with thousands of dollars of prizes and giveaways from the sponsors.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Green Horn

firefighter30 is on a distinguished road

Can you give me directions from interstate 70, is it faster from Zanesville or Columbus. Thanks Doug

Member of the East Coast Mini Truckers
Old 06-25-2014, 12:13 PM

Columbus would be closest large city to the event but here are the directions.

The address of the event is 
32715 logan hornsmill rd
Logan, OH
Old 06-25-2014, 12:26 PM

To get the guys to build a site specific for trucks to drive on and or construction equipment I would need at least a few members to show up with a fair amount of equipment. But if nothing else your still more than welcome to come and you can play with tractor pulling sled too. I just don't want to ask the guys to build a specific area if i only get say 3 semi truck guys coming. I'd even do it myself but I live 3 hours from the event property. Plus the owner has real earth moving equipment and can make relatively quick work of it.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Journeyman

FabOne is on a distinguished road

Nick-
Are you North, South, East or West of Columbus? I'm just West of Toledo in NW Ohio, approximately 3 hours away.

I'm now into the Tractor/Trailer RC's, but at one time we we're into the 2 wheel drive truck pulling and still have a competitive one. In fact the National RC pulls have been held 25 minutes away in Montpelier, OH for years.

Regards-
Terry
Old 06-30-2014, 11:53 PM
Green Horn

firefighter30 is on a distinguished road

They are southeast of columbus

Member of the East Coast Mini Truckers
Old 07-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Hey Nick I would love to go but unfortunately living in nj n having a new baby makes it financially impossible for me at this time, so don't think no one here isn't interested. As for your sweet pictures you posted, it looks awesome and I'd love to build a sled pulling tractor, something along the lines of a short frame daycab peterbilt. I run a instagram page that uses pictures from this forum to promote this forum and the hobby of rc truck and construction. It is @rctruck_n_construction . I would like to use some of your pics of that is ok with you , everyone on this forum has been ok with it but since your pictures are from another forum I just wanted to ask you first if it is ok for me to post them on instagram and I will give credit to the Ohio rc gurus club....Bricknick
Old 07-03-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Hey Nick I would love to go but unfortunately living in nj n having a new baby makes it financially impossible for me at this time, so don't think no one here isn't interested. As for your sweet pictures you posted, it looks awesome and I'd love to build a sled pulling tractor, something along the lines of a short frame daycab peterbilt. I run a instagram page that uses pictures from this forum to promote this forum and the hobby of rc truck and construction. It is @rctruck_n_construction . I would like to use some of your pics of that is ok with you , everyone on this forum has been ok with it but since your pictures are from another forum I just wanted to ask you first if it is ok for me to post them on instagram and I will give credit to the Ohio rc gurus club....Bricknick
Yeah it's fine.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Ok kool thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 05:18 AM
Green Horn

crisis time is on a distinguished road

Wow that looks great