RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Truck Building Tech

Truck Building Tech Covers mechanical and electrical components for truck modeling

Old 02-29-2016, 07:17 AM
Snowman3725

Default Six speed?

Is anyone aware of a transmission or add on splitter that will give me 6 or 9 gears instead of the stock 3 in tamiya transmissions?
Old 02-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Green Horn

bigdogrod is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Six speed?

there have been people who have bolted up another tamiya 3 speed to the back of the stocker, but i think that only gives 3 more, as the others overlap..

maybe a r2 or something would work
Old 02-29-2016, 04:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

two 3 speeds give you alot of the same gear combos not worth the work involved to do it
Old 02-29-2016, 05:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Six speed?

A three speed hooked to a two speed will give 1-2-3 / high-low.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

You gotta make a high/low/direct to bolt on the back . I've the idea kickin around in my head for some time now . It just make no sense what so ever with the use of electric motors and the available gear reduction units available .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Six speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
You gotta make a high/low/direct to bolt on the back . I've the idea kickin around in my head for some time now . It just make no sense what so ever with the use of electric motors and the available gear reduction units available .
Steve. Could be fun...........more gear more fun...........
Old 02-29-2016, 05:52 PM
Snowman3725

I think it would be more realistic. I have the 7:1 reduction in now but 6 or 9 or 18 gears? **** of a lot more fun! My technical abilities aren't suffice to build anything on my own. Any takers??
Old 02-29-2016, 06:27 PM
Green Horn

mcl fabrication is on a distinguished road

I would love to take my king hauler up a hill with a load, along with 6 gears to run threw!!
My sound unit would sound amazing.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:40 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Someone made a 6 or 9 speed years ago on here and was trying to market it he had it fitted into a ford earomax daycab (back when Freddy was here) not oztruck (chris) but oztruck did bolt two 3 speeds together and call it a 9 speed,
It was bulky and a hole had to be cut in the back of the cab to fit it,
So might be a idea of searching the forum going backwards from when freddy past away and it might still be on here I think it was ether in highway trucks or general, but it was defenatly before freddy past away............

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:50 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Ok I just googled Oztruck and it show both gearboxs
http://australian-rc-truck.proboards...box-joey-diffs

Cheers Tracy

Old 03-01-2016, 12:18 AM
On Leave

With the options of different motors / pinions and gear reduction - transfer boxs today and some that enable you to change gears via reduction - transfer boxs with servo it would probably cheaper and hide them better then making a bulky all in one gear box........

Cheers Tracy

Old 03-01-2016, 01:12 AM
Snowman3725

Now my gears are really turning. Pun intended. I wonder who makes that 2 speed add on gear box? The videos don't do any justice. Maybe a vendor will see this thread and make something simple like a small 3 speed splitter that can be installed after the transmission. While I'm thinking of it, anyone have any knowledge of a transmission that has a front output shaft for awd?
Old 03-01-2016, 01:35 AM
On Leave

I thing the Tamiya 1/10 RC Toyota Hilux High-Lift gearbox is AWD from memory and reading about it on here ,
Have a google for it..

Cheers Tracy

Old 03-01-2016, 02:41 AM
Snowman3725

Question Re: Six speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossett View Post
I thing the Tamiya 1/10 RC Toyota Hilux High-Lift gearbox is AWD from memory and reading about it on here ,
Have a google for it..

Cheers Tracy
Sure does look like it. Aside from having to create brackets to mount it and hoping the drive shaft angle doesn't interfere with bottom of trans, this just might work. Or I could somehow attach an output shaft to the outside of the main bearing…