RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 08-13-2016, 01:45 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road
Default i am over this hydraulic excavator stuff!

ok i just got my exacator and wheel loader working great new pumps and hoses , also rebuilt the valves in both! butt!!!!!!!! now agian the old problems are coming back? slow moveing cyclinders pumps with no power, and leaks everywhere!

the excavator is the big problem. monday it was running great, wedsit started screwing up, the valve leak inside i guess because it wont hold the arm, and now its moving slow with no power!!!! what the h&!! is going on?
i can give you pics and any info i can, but i need so help guys! please no it cheap part type of comment because the loader is using the same stuff and it works like a champ all day! any idea?
Old 08-13-2016, 04:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: i am over this hydraulic excavator stuff!

Did you open up the old pump after replacing? Did you find anything wrong with the valve while re sealing? Just wondering what original cause of drift and low power was? Pump failing causing metal to go through system? or valves not centered or too much internal leakage?
Old 08-13-2016, 08:13 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Did you open up the old pump after replacing? Did you find anything wrong with the valve while re sealing? Just wondering what original cause of drift and low power was? Pump failing causing metal to go through system? or valves not centered or too much internal leakage?
when i took it apart it looked ok, the pump was worn, the gears look like what i thought they would worn and old. the valves looked ok i mean had a little scoring on the inside but i would think it would brass and aluminum rubbing. the o-rings look kind of flat, like the where being heated up to much, but that has always been the problem with magom's old stuff, they ran really hot. i got their new pump. and it runs cool get warmer then room temp but not hot.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:32 AM
Journeyman

well i think im on the path of what going on, i changed the oil and the old oil was milky? almost like it got moister in it?
Old 10-17-2016, 09:36 PM

thetractorfan is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a bad case of fluid contamination. If oil is not filtered and changed properly, dirt gets in the system and scrapes against hydraulic components. The system will probably need a new pump, filter, valve and hoses and possibly new cylinders.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:44 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: i am over this hydraulic excavator stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworth34677 View Post
ok i just got my exacator and wheel loader working great new pumps and hoses , also rebuilt the valves in both! butt!!!!!!!! now agian the old problems are coming back? slow moveing cyclinders pumps with no power, and leaks everywhere!

the excavator is the big problem. monday it was running great, wedsit started screwing up, the valve leak inside i guess because it wont hold the arm, and now its moving slow with no power!!!! what the h&!! is going on?
i can give you pics and any info i can, but i need so help guys! please no it cheap part type of comment because the loader is using the same stuff and it works like a champ all day! any idea?
so i have the 870 k loader from rc4wd and i had them send me a new pump motor and when i paid for it lol i then compared them and the new one i got was for the 4200 excavator and it was alot biger than the one in the 870 alot bigger both in the size and in the shaft size that goes in the pump i figured i will use the bigger pump motor in a screening plant i want to build