RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 12-29-2016, 02:14 PM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road
Default Dates for 2017 Indy Show?

Been checking online and haven't found 2017 dates for the Indy show. Anyone know what they are? Us newly retired guys need to fill the calendar ahead of time!

Thanks.

Ken
Old 12-29-2016, 03:38 PM

Bodyman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dates for 2017 Indy Show?

might not be one. I read in this months toy trucker that the remote control section will not be there next year and that they are looking for another hotel because the hotel raised the rates.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

The only year I went to the show was 2011. It was the first year I was building my Wedico Peterbilt, I went to meet Garden Trucking, PMD, Ric Murphy and buy a bunch of parts for my truck. Funny, Ric didn't bring many Wedico parts at all! I don't believe Ric even goes to the show anymore, does He? Hard to believe that was so many years ago already.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:27 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Retired?! Good for you Ken... resurrecting the build of the PayHauler 350 anytime soon?

PMD dropped Indy a few yrs ago, too far to travel alone after his wife passed. Ric now does the LA, Ca RCX Spring show.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ad.php?t=11371

From what I've heard about Indy, the few guys involved in organising the Indy rc minitruckers are getting charged a hefty $ rate to set up the city when there's nobody in the group there to sell anything commercially to the public All the other public shows country wide that rc minitruckers attend, the space is free with complimentary food tickets & other trinkets, the promoters want them there as added entertainment to boost attendance. Maybe a yr or two without the rc minitruckers @Indy drawing in the public through the door sales will give the events coordinator an attitude adjustment & space will be provided at no charge.

Joe
Old 12-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

I'm sure the guys will get something figured out for our annual event. Yes, Joe, January 4th is my last work day and the Payhauler is #1 on the list of projects. Won't have much more accomplished before Cabin Fever, but I am going to it for the first time.
Ken

Last edited by sparkycuda; 12-30-2016 at 09:33 AM. Reason: spelling correction