RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Project: Lloyd (Tamiya King Hauler)

Darwin would like you. Definitive proof that evolution works!

No harm in changing your mind, you are just fine tuning the look and style that you want and sometimes that is only figured out by trial and error. Nice work man.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Green Horn

justinart24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Those tires are sweet. I really liked the longer frame, large car look, but I'm guessing you've got your reasons! Maybe just spray some metallic black on the fenders and the top of the cab roof, rather then respray? I think that would look pretty sharp.
Thanks! I like the large car look. I will have to think about the black fenders and roof. I do need to repaint the cab, I have some spot where the bondo shrunk on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomClod View Post
Nice looking project. I like that color alot! Good work
Scott
Thanks a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler07 View Post
Wow this is a cool truck! You have done a fantastic job on it..
Wow, thank you very much. It's not too extreme, I am getting started in this mini-truck scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler View Post
i see you received the stock frame rails, happy they went to a good home. Truck looks good!
Thanks!!!! Yes, I got them....thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
**** you change your mind more then me and thats hard to do! i also like the short wheelbase on that work truck! nice truck
Thanks! Yeah, I have change my mind quite often with this truck. But since I am painted the frame and etc.....I am **** sure it will stay like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
Darwin would like you. Definitive proof that evolution works!

No harm in changing your mind, you are just fine tuning the look and style that you want and sometimes that is only figured out by trial and error. Nice work man.
Thanks! Lol!!!!!......Yeah, it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with this truck. This is my first mini-truck build, have so many ideas, but I think I got it locked down now. You got to love trial and error.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Builds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Green Horn

Not to much to update, just painted some detail pieces. I decided not to run after market steps or tanks, RC fund is running dry. I did order a custom visor, and a RUSSISLOUD headache rack and west coast bumper.

Here are my parts drying....garage is too cold....8" of snow here is Seattle!

My Builds

Old 01-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Green Horn

Did some more work on the truck today. Painted the hitch plate, dash, steering wheel, seats, shocks and tank brackets. I also added more polished stainless on the top of the frame rails. I also used some strong double sticky tape and mounted the 2S 2500mah lipo underneath the bigger piece next to the cab.

My Builds

Old 01-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

That's looking really nice! I can see your reflection, while checking out the shine in that polished deck plate! Ha ha. Something tells me that motor lived a previous life in a rock crawler....probably a MOA.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Wannabe

hippy is on a distinguished road

very nice truck!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

So hot it's bringing the cows home!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:24 AM
karak34

Very nice
Old 01-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
That's looking really nice! I can see your reflection, while checking out the shine in that polished deck plate! Ha ha. Something tells me that motor lived a previous life in a rock crawler....probably a MOA.
Haha...thought someone would think that was funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy View Post
very nice truck!
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
So hot it's bringing the cows home!
Lol...thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karak34 View Post
Very nice
Thanks!

My Builds

Old 01-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Green Horn

Got my drop visor in the mail today from Stepside.

Snow is melting, so I got a chance to take some photos out side today.

My Builds

Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

nice truck!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
Old 01-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

nice truck the color is sharp what is it?
Old 01-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Looks nice. Great color too!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
nice truck!
Thanks sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
nice truck the color is sharp what is it?
Thanks! Its Testors Orange Fuery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Looks nice. Great color too!
Thanks! Not near as cool as your rigs, but they make happy.

My Builds

Old 02-21-2012, 03:17 AM
Green Horn

Got my new bumper and head ache rack in the mail. Had the wrong address down on my ebay....but it found my house 3 weeks later.

Well, I thought the head ache rack came polished as it was pictured as on ebay...oh well...time to buy a polishing wheel.

My Builds

Old 02-21-2012, 06:37 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

That kinda sucks about the headache rack. they should have mentioned that it was raw and not polished. the new additions look great!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 AM

Azorean is on a distinguished road

Amazing, have no more words...
Old 02-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

The headache rack will look great on the back of your truck. Not bad. I think that rack will polish up pretty easily. The tool cuts look pretty smooth. I like the visor too.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Wannabe

CorbettTrailers is on a distinguished road

I can't wait to get my visor. Great job. I like the color you chose.
ECMT Members: Join your Group. Go to your username in the top right corner of the page and click on it. When your profile opens go down to group memberships, Click on East Coast Mini Truckers, The social group will open and scroll down And in the middle it you will see "Join Group" Click on it and then confirm that you REALLY wanna join.
[SIZE="2"]
Old 02-22-2012, 01:06 AM

hotwheels000 is on a distinguished road

Truck looked great in person Justin, thanks for letting me take the wheel for a bit.