RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 05-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

The d11 in 1/10 scale would be 3-1/2' long from blade to ripper!! Whatever it was made out of , steel or alum, it would still be too heavy for easy pick up and transport!!! Although, I would really appreciate the internal area, might actually be able to get my fingers in there!! I really wanted to build in 1:10 or 1:12 scale but the tamiya stuff is 1:14 so I went that way. And like you said reg, unless you can make everything, anything other than 1:14 is tough getting parts.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Yeah that would be a bit large for me. If I was going to build something that large then I would step it up to 1/4-1/5 scale so that I could sit on it!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:31 PM

Wiskybilt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
The d11 in 1/10 scale would be 3-1/2' long from blade to ripper!! Whatever it was made out of , steel or alum, it would still be too heavy for easy pick up and transport!!! Although, I would really appreciate the internal area, might actually be able to get my fingers in there!! I really wanted to build in 1:10 or 1:12 scale but the tamiya stuff is 1:14 so I went that way. And like you said reg, unless you can make everything, anything other than 1:14 is tough getting parts.

I know it has its issues when it comes to shows and when your friends bring their 1:14 stuff over, but we don't have a big rc construction crowd here local.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskybilt View Post
I know it has its issues when it comes to shows and when your friends bring their 1:14 stuff over, but we don't have a big rc construction crowd here local.
Same here. The shows we do attend are always outside and they supply us with only about 2 yards of soil so there isn't enough room for roads or anything anyhow. I take my 850 Kenworth out and drive around at the shows. It looks like the Pied Piper driving along with a trail of kids following behind. Kinda funny.

I had the "boss" out driving in the compound yesterday. She is a bit hard on the equipment and likes to see where the Mack will go before it gets stuck but that's OK. I just get to push it out using the dozer.lol It was a lot more fun to have my wife out there with me having some laughs and adding to the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LApmlxrS8lY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLYT1mGdv5c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxroPSMTmVg

Last edited by RCP57; 05-09-2015 at 09:26 AM.