RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction General Discussion

Construction General Discussion General questions

Old 04-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road
Default 4200Xl pump not operating and getting hot.

So took my valve block out to tighten everything up and try to hunt down a leak. Couldn't really find anything, put everything back together and now the pump won't pull oil and gets hot. I tried priming it by tilting the tank and it took oil but as soon as I put the tank level again it won't pull. Also while the tank was tilted and feeding the pump I tried functions and no pressure. Guessing I did/didn't do something on reassembly? Wou/dn't think I damaged anything on assembly, I did remove the feed line from the pump to the valve block on the pump side. Any thoughts?
Old 04-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: 4200Xl pump not operating and getting hot.

Well got the pump figured out. I missed that the tank has a feed tube on one side and not the other. Had the pump hooked up to the return side on the tank. Now, I'm getting fluid through the pump but it's still heating up and i'm not getting any functions. I'm guessing there's an obstruction somewhere between the pump and valve block or the valve block is just shot.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:28 PM

alaskantoy is on a distinguished road

I just went and played around on mine, with it shut off the motor has no resistance but I can manually force fluid thru the system by hand spinning the motor aft and watching the air bubbles move around. Also the forward line comes from the feed tube of the tank and the aft line goes to the valve block. Hopefully a lines just miss run but you may want to disconnect the line to the valve block and see if you can get fluid movement by hand. Also my leak came from the hydro block under the main boom where both cylinders come together. I made that free floating as you can't tighten the lines in the position they need to be in as the side plate was in the way. Hope this helps
Old 04-19-2017, 10:00 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Could be that your motor is running backwards, this has happened to me in three occasions, I don't know why but it did. RC4WD doesn't put connectors on there motors so I just cut them and put bullet plugs on each of the three wire so that if it happens again I can swap wires.

David
Old 04-19-2017, 11:52 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
Could be that your motor is running backwards, this has happened to me in three occasions, I don't know why but it did. RC4WD doesn't put connectors on there motors so I just cut them and put bullet plugs on each of the three wire so that if it happens again I can swap wires.

David
That was what I was thinking it sounded like, pump motor spinning wrong direction. But I didn't read that Benny disconnected the motor at any time... I've never had a pump motor reverse on it's own, but then I don't run any chinese electronics in my stuff either.

Rather than changing wires David, you could reverse direction within the radio programming on each ch... were you doing some radio programming at the time when you had a reversal of pump motor?

Joe
Old 04-20-2017, 10:40 AM
Apprentice

Thanks fella's. I have the pump working again, just had the tank in wrong so lines were at wrong fittings. I think I'm getting fluid to the block but something is up with the block to not get functions going. Also the pump motor sounds like it's working harder than before which tells me flow is not right. Going to take the block out again and investigate.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Asleast it's making progress. Maybe take pics?
Old 10-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Apprentice

Still having issues. Pump still getting hot and doesn't seem to be building any pressure. Motor direction seems right. If I take off the return fitting to the tank and turn on the pump it barely drips out fluid. Also when I first start the pump the boom moves VERY slowly up. Also no matter what direction i hit the stick the movement is the same.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:29 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

You still using the metal tank that came with the model?

The video RCSparks did awhile ago addressing some of the issues with this model, he was manually priming the pump moving the boom/stick/bucket by hand b/c apparently the oil input line draws from top of tank & it does not have a pickup tube reaching down into tank... throw that tank away & get yourself a plastic fuel cell for an airplane/heli/nitro car, as big of one you can fit - the more oil the better.

Joe
Old 10-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Apprentice

Thanks for the tip. I can't believe I'm admitting this to you guys...but it was too much fluid in the tank. After checking all my fittings, motor direction, pump, etc I figured I remove some fluid from the tank to see how it looked. For poop's and giggles turned on the pump and Voila, back in action. Must of had just enough to not let the oil level fluctuate in the tank essentially seizing the system up.