RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:26 PM

Daveroo is on a distinguished road
Default new last week?

i neglected to post in this thread.im a 51 year old disabled fella,broke my back in august 1995.been disabled since,i was a plumber for my pay check,was a volunteer fire fighter from 1980 until the early 90s,i also raced a hobby stock in 1980 and 1981,i dont mind sayin so myself,but i was pretty good,was second with the most fast times in 80,had the most fast times in 81,set the track record 5 times over the two years,won 2 main events each year...may not seem like many main wins,but when you are in fullsize cars ( i had a 1967 pontiac tempest,with a 389ci engine,had a 750cfm TWO barrel holly carb on it,was custom built for me before anyone says they werent made..lol.)with 25-30 cars in the main ( everyone raced) on a 1/4 mile dirt track,measured on the outside wall,with a sharp doglegg,and you consistanly start in the last two rows ( remember the fast times?)its diffacult to get to the lead in 15 laps,it was all we were allowed due to a curfew.all engines had to be off at 11.00pm sharp,if you hadnt loaded up on your trailer yet,you either pushed it on or called the track tow truck.and what added to the stress sometimes was that we had three divisions at the track everyweek,,,sprint/modifieds,super stocks and hobby stocks.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: new last week?

Welcome aboard!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:49 PM

Daveroo is on a distinguished road

wanted to share a bit more,first pic is my race car from 1980-81..the second photo is me on the left..yes im HUGE ,didnt used to be..the man on the left is Colonel C.E.Bud Anderson,USAF (ret),he ended World War two with 16 and a quarter kills,he flew the Famous "Old Crow" P-51's (a P-51C and then P-51D)he also flew F-105D's in Vietnam.he is sitting on my folks couch,i had purchased a special edition P-51C diecast of Old Crow and he was nice enough to come to the house to autograph it for me,,he signed his name on the D-Day stripes and then added the "16-1/4 kills" on the next stripe down,he then turned to me,said "Davey (people get a kick out of calling a 475 pound man "Davey")you now have the one and only model with this signature,its unique to your plane and yours only.pretty cool....[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

BTW,you see the ice waters...it was 109F that day.....with a relitive humidity of 5%

Last edited by Daveroo; 12-18-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:01 AM
Apprentice

cabs is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the board, enjoy it