RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 03-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road
Default Canada Post - yes another rant

Okay so Canada Post has once again made me mad...

I sent a REGISTERED letter to a person in the same town as me (legal reasons) and after 10 days or so my tracking info says item was not accepted... Okay, figured that the person did not accept the registered letter for obvious reasons. So I went and hand delivered the "letter" on the last day allowed. 5 days or so later I get another notice that it has not been picked up (duh..) and is being returned. Couple days later I get a card in the community mail box saying your letter is being returned and to pick it up at the mall location. Now this is normal practice for around here... they "ATTEMPT" delivery but just really toss the card into the box and say tough luck come to the post office.. So that night I go to pick it up after 5pm as stated. Lady working says "Sorry not in the computer". well its friday so no use trying figure anything out cause everyone is gone for the weekend. Monday comes and I try again. Same BS reason again. Tuesday I CALL the post office, get the supervisor, tell her the #'s on it etc and ask what's the deal. I get the "Ive been off for months" excuse. okay so you dunno whats going on. Couple days later I call again. Different person, no clue, call main station in town. Okay, call main station and none to take my call, leave message. nothing... Couple days later call again, its a friday. get station supervisor lady. She takes my info down and will check it out. 10 minutes later she calls!! just needs the #'s again.. crap. So that was a Friday again.. so I was gone Monday, Go to call again this morning and just as I'm looking up the number again I got an email from Canada post. "Item arrived at the Undeliverable Mail Office. Please contact Cust Service" WTF!!! I just called FRIDAY about this letter! Also this 'undeliverable office' is in Sydney NOVA SCOTIA!! (im in Sask) So I call up the station here, get the supervisor lady and ask her what is going on. At first she plays dumb then I tell her that it shows the letter is at the undeliverable office in NOVA SCOTIA, and it comes out. She starts to blame an unnamed postman for LOOSING the letter!!

So, how does a LOST letter make it to the undeliverable office in NOVA SCOTIA if it was fricking LOST!! it was an IN TOWN letter!! Seriously if Canada post wasn't my only option at the time I would have used another means of sending the letter...

And the kicker.. I ask how do I get a refund for my LOST REGISTERED letter. All I get is "well the person you sent it to didn't pick it up so you can't get a refund".... well honestly how do I know that letter was even sent out to the person or how do I know if they didn't give him the same run around and tell him its not available?

you dont know how hard it was to keep that pg-13..
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Canada Post - yes another rant

One of the only items I never received from ebay was lost due to a lazy postal worker.What happened is My mail to my shop is delivered on Saturdays too because we have a mailbox outside. Well the day my gear cutter was to arrive it was supposed to be signed for but our regular mailman went on vacation. The temporary mailman put a sticker on my door for the package. Monday I went to the rented mail room not a regular post office near me where they work out of, to get my package. The regular guy was there and he never saw my package.He said he would have brought it back Monday because he knows were not working on weekends. I guess the temp just threw it out. I couldn't track it because the temp marked it delivered.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:21 PM
White Line Fever

roadranger is on a distinguished road

And the Post Office wonders why they are loosing business to the internet...
They can't even deliver high priority Registered letters competently.

Ever try to mail a package on a Saturday? 20-25 people in line, with only 2 postal workers behind the counter. The counter has 4-5 stations at it, but most are unmanned.
Invariably, one takes off for one reason or another, and the remaining one goes into slowdown mode. So it takes over an hour at the post office (not counting travel time) to get one package sent off.

Thank God for contract mail offices - they get paid by the piece handled and are very quick to get you in and out. Hardly ever see a waiting line in there...

Jim B.
Colorado Springs
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

thinking of getting a po box @ the station and just having stuff shipped there... might be easier
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.