RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 12-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Green Horn

Rogue is on a distinguished road
Angry Diesel prices

Just curious as to what you guys are paying for diesel in your towns or areas.

Yesterday when I fueled I threw a $100 on the counter to prepay, and by the time I had filled both tanks, I had just enough change to by myself a Dr.Pepper.

That was at $3.29/gallon. I just drove past the same store, and the price is now $3.55/gallon !!!!!

.26 cents OVERNIGHT!?!?

My other truck is a Komatsu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Diesel prices

It is 110.9 cents/liter here which is 4.198 a us/gallon.
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 12-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

We are at $3.17 to $3.25 a gallon. I got lucky yesterday and got it for $2.05 with a discount with store reward points.

Ben
Old 12-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I'm not sure what it is around here, but the last I filled up my truck, it was $3.25/gallon. That was just before Christmas. It's probably higher now. I've been buying and running straight No. 1 diesel for the winter now, and I find that is always more expensive then the usual winter blended fuel that gas stations have on hand. I used to run the winter blends until I had some gelling issues one winter. Now I don't even take the chance. The winter blends are really no comparison to straight No. 1, even when you add in anti-gel. And who wants to be stuck on the side of the road in sub-zero temps, with fueling issues? I'd rather spend a little more and rest assured I won't have any problems. Not all run of the mill winter blends are created equal! Unfortunately, many gas stations around here do not sell straight No. 1. I have to go to a fairly large local truck stop to get it.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Green Horn

Typically, my truck runs strictly on red fuel. Absolutely no comparison to the blended fuel available at most pumps. My truck starts easier, idles smoother, quieter, and my Butt-o-Meter tells me it pulls harder. Regardless of season or temps, I run Howes conditioner.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Ric , somewhere around $3.50/gal for the yellow and $2.75/gal last time I got the red for the lil kittens

Old 12-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Banned

Rpp Hobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell me about it I drive 70 miles a day and its up to 3.50 a gallon. This is my driver
Old 12-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

every time I go for off road (red ) there is always a diesel pick up with cans or 55gal drum in the back and for some reason the kittens are thirsty but not doing any work

Old 12-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Hobby View Post
Tell me about it I drive 70 miles a day and its up to 3.50 a gallon. This is my driver
Corey, that got the new 6.7 in it? If so, any opinions? P.S. That 400lb. bumper hanging on the front isn't doing you any favors, but you know that already..

Here's my 95 driver. Just rolled over 188k and even with 4:10s in it, it still knocks down 21mpg. LOVE this truck

Old 12-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Corey, that got the new 6.7 in it? If so, any opinions? P.S. That 400lb. bumper hanging on the front isn't doing you any favors, but you know that already..

Here's my 95 driver. Just rolled over 188k and even with 4:10s in it, it still knocks down 21mpg. LOVE this truck
Man those are some nice trucks sure beats my daily driver. But I only paid $2000 for it and I have put almost 90000 miles on it at an average of 22mpg

The good side

and the other side.

I would drive this more but at $3.10 a gallon for gas and 10mpg average it makes more since to drive the FORD

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 12-28-2010, 08:46 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Yah fuel prices are 3.49 around here. I cant figure it out, except that PA has the highest fuel tax with NY 2nd. When I sold my Pete triaxle over 2 years ago Fuel was 4.95 a gallon, ouch!! It cost me about 600.00 dollars to fill up every day and a half. On a good note, this was the time to buy a diesel pickup! My dad and myself both bought newer trucks, that now are worth more than when we bought them It sucks that diesel is more than gas. Less refined should= cheaper??

Brian
Old 12-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Green Horn

I chalk it up to demand. There are many out on the road right now, somewhere between here and home, trying to get back from the holidays. And as long as there is fuel, and it's needed, PPL will pay going rate. Absolutely no justification for the increase, other than they can. They've got us by the short curlys, and they know it.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Yah fuel prices are 3.49 around here. I cant figure it out, except that PA has the highest fuel tax with NY 2nd. When I sold my Pete triaxle over 2 years ago Fuel was 4.95 a gallon, ouch!! It cost me about 600.00 dollars to fill up every day and a half. On a good note, this was the time to buy a diesel pickup! My dad and myself both bought newer trucks, that now are worth more than when we bought them It sucks that diesel is more than gas. Less refined should= cheaper??

Brian
So true Brian, 3 years ago, you couldn't give away a diesel powered rig, as prices were a penny or 2 from $5.00.. i weathered the storm, and have no regrets in doing it.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Banned

Rpp Hobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ha Ha Rogue Yeah I know I did not make this the most fuel efficient I have to say I had missed my 2001 truck that was setup like this one with a 7.3 I never thought it was a good move for ford to stop the 7.3, anyways I rolled the dice on the 6.7 and I have to say it is a step above the 7.3. The power and torque is better from my stock 6.7 than my 7.3 that was chipped, exhuast, cold air instake and and modded turbo. Have 12,000 miles on it now and knock on wood all is good so far.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Ha Ha Rogue Yeah I know I did not make this the most fuel efficient I have to say I had missed my 2001 truck that was setup like this one with a 7.3 I never thought it was a good move for ford to stop the 7.3, anyways I rolled the dice on the 6.7 and I have to say it is a step above the 7.3. The power and torque is better from my stock 6.7 than my 7.3 that was chipped, exhuast, cold air instake and and modded turbo. Have 12,000 miles on it now and knock on wood all is good so far.
Well, at least you bypassed the 6 leaker, and the even more dismal 6.4. I have heard the new 6.7's are nice engines, but for the monthly payment of a new rig, i can squirt a lot of fuel through my old (and paid for ) 7.3.

I do like your ride tho.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Wannabe

pugs is on a distinguished road

The high prices are why I like to drive my dad's VW Jetta TDI. Thing gets about 46mpg no matter what you do, any amount of number 1 blend though and it drops down to about 38, so we just put anti gel in, and keep a bottle of 911 in the trunk.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Rick it's running around $3.30 here.

Since we are showing are rides. Here is my daily driver.

My 2000 F250 7.3L with 6" skyjacker lift, Edge w/Attitude chip.

I get 15 mpg running this in city traffic. probably get more out of it but there is an over abundance of dodge trucks around here that have drivers that just can't learn that they are driving slow pieces of junk..

here is the truck when I got it. I got this truck for a smokin hot deal. ZERO ZIP NAHDA FREE

And here it is now.

And at night with the summer family activity behind it. The trailer with both cars on it weighs 13,000# and I get 14 MPG pulling it.

Notice the mirrors, I like LED's.

-Mike

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

If we're showing trucks here's mine!

2001 with a 5 speed and 4:10 reared that got 15MPG on the highway and 7MPG towing my 11.000 pound tractor

I traded the 2001 when fuel was high for an 06 with an automatic with 3:55 rear that that I get 15 on the highway and 10.5 towing my 12,000 pound fifth wheel
Old 12-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
If we're showing trucks here's mine!

2001 with a 5 speed and 4:10 reared that got 15MPG on the highway and 7MPG towing my 11.000 pound tractor

I traded the 2001 when fuel was high for an 06 with an automatic with 3:55 rear that that I get 15 on the highway and 10.5 towing my 12,000 pound fifth wheel
Nice rides Brian, but not anywhere near as nice as that Cougar that sits in the far bay of your garage.

Yea, I snooped at the pics Amazing job on that cat. You should be proud of it.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Quote:
Nice rides Brian, but not anywhere near as nice as that Cougar that sits in the far bay of your garage.

Yea, I snooped at the pics Amazing job on that cat. You should be proud of it.
Thanks Rick! I'll have to post some pics of the cat sometime

Brian