RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:03 PM

KWAddict is on a distinguished road
Default WV Native in Texas!

Hey all,

Okay, I want to start with the fact that I have NO experience in the RC world. I am 25 and drive tractor trailer. I came across a few videos of the 1/14th scale tractor trailers and found it to be incredibly interesting. I would LOVE to get into the hobby one day. One problem though...

My fiance and I are getting married in October and then headed out over the road together. We own a home in WV and are currently renting in Texas. We are going to sublease the home we are renting and spend a few years out on the road with very few expenses and saving money. That obviously makes working on RC trucks a problem. With such a small living/work space, I'm not confident in working on something this complicated. It would also be very hard to get parts.

My dad has had trucks since before I was born. I grew up around mainly Kenworths. They have become somewhat of an obsession. I generally pick my jobs based upon whether or not there are Kenworths in the fleet haha. I have pulled step decks, flatbed, and dump trailers. The majority of my experience has been in step deck. I would love to get to pull lowboy someday but with the energy industry not being in a good position, heavy haul jobs aren't the easiest to come by.

This whole RC world is fascinating. I was just telling my fiance - "How cool would this be?! So you have a LARGE basement with mock pavement roads, a shop/yard for the trucks and equipment. All over the basement on the sides of the 1/14th scale road (haha) are small mountains and hills of dirt. You hook to the lowboy, haul the dozer and excavator out, and then hook to the dump trailer and start moving earth! You can operate the equipment and I'll truck until you feel like trading! We'll take it somewhere and then move on to develop the next spot! How cool would that be?!" She mentioned the idea of having a train somewhere in the look haha. We also love fish tanks and were trying to come up with a way to throw that in the mix.

Long story short, I registered and popped in because it's a hobby I would LOVE to get into someday. At the moment, my pockets aren't deep enough, I lack the time, and I will lack the space after we get married in October. But this hobby is incredible and I can't wait to shadow all the posts and learn!
Old 07-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WV Native in Texas!

Welcome aboard KWaddict. It's an addicting hobby. Check out this thread you might learn how to build a truck in the sleeper of a 1:1 while on the road!

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ad.php?t=11460
Old 07-17-2016, 08:48 PM

KWAddict is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WV Native in Texas!

Oh wow. That cab looks incredible. It's exactly what I'd want! I've looked around at a good few builds people have done but I don't think I've ever seen fuel fairings on a truck. Has anyone ever attempted them that you know of? I haven't checked the search function of the forum, it just popped into my mind.

That alleviates that haha. I'll have to at least attempt it! I'm very scared of my fiance hoarding all the room in the sleeper with her things =P I'm simple. A few changes of clothes and I'll be good. She won't be so easy I don't think haha.