RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:06 PM

Jack3M is on a distinguished road
Default From Washougal

I guess is time to introduce myself. Retired EMT Paramedic who has been involved in RC airplanes and helicopters for the last 20 years. Got bored with all of it. The last build was a 1/3 scale Stearman with a real gas radial. 10' wing span. So, needless to say, into modeling heavily, but it has to be functional too.

My flying club has lost it's field and flying fields will be far enough away I won't bother, so have begun selling out of that and moving into this. Heavy equipment is my interest, the hydraulic stuff, but knowledge tells me electric is very much a part of it and that carries over from the aircraft hobbies.

I see this is even more expensive than scale helicopters. Never dreamed I would see that. Being retired, funds are limited so need to make every penny count and assuming this hobby is like the other, only pennies on the dollar when you sell....even if new.

Well, enjoying all the builds and info here, thanks.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:55 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: From Washougal

Welcome jack, yes the construction stuff is expensive, but sure fun. That 1/3 scale Stearman had to be interesting and fun. I just kind of got into flying a little, just bought a E-Flight Apprentice, it sure is fun.

There are a lot of good people on this forum, I am sure you will like it.

David