RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 07-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Green Horn

Bsorenson79 is on a distinguished road
Default Model RC Trucker Magazine

I'm really surprised that there isn't a Mini/Model trucker magazine out there (or is there). I mean I go in the book store and there is 500 different magazine about every obscure topic. But never nothing just about model RC trucks. I wish I had the capital to start one up.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Model RC Trucker Magazine

I doubt there is a big enough market. Just how many pages of advertising could you fill up in such a publication? Reading this forum is all I need.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:26 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

There is TMW that has some RC trucks every now & then, but it is easier to read and find RC trucks on the net at least you have a up to date on a truck and what its doing also, and on the net you dont have to read half a mag full of adds or you buy the mag at the shop its in plastic you get it home and Its full of crap ..................
I would rather read something on the net these days at least I get to choose what I read and don't read.....

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:32 AM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

I agree with Steve. As much as I enjoy the hobby I dont think there is enough interest in a magazine to warrant having one. I used to subscribe to a magazine called Legendary Ford for a few years, all of the sudden I quit getting it. It turns out the the awful economy at the time (late 2008) made the publication turn to an Ezine. I must admit I was pretty pi$$ed off. I would rather have a magazine in my hand to read than sit in front of a computer. It would be kinda cool having an RC truck and construction mag though!

Brian
Old 07-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Green Horn

Straywolf is on a distinguished road

This one is over seas but it looks nice it's RC Model Trucks The Magazine Online here is the link to the site:

http://www.rcmodeltrucks.co.uk/online/

Old 07-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Apprentice

Grainfarmer is on a distinguished road

In Germany we have two of them:
http://www.vth.de/zeitschriften/truckmodell.html (sometimes I write reports for this magazine)
...and here´s the second:
http://trucks-and-details.de/
Old 07-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

I was just going to mention Germany as having a very large following so I would not be surprised to see one over seas. But here in the US it's just not large enough to fill a mag unless u want one with 72 tamiya ads and maybe a dozen for wedico.

I would love to see one myself and am always checking the book stores in hopes of finding one but I never hold my breath.

--Dan