RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:58 PM

BiLLy bOb is on a distinguished road
Default finally coming out in NE Tenn.

Howdy, LONG time lurker finally coming out. I know some of yall from scale4x4, have even traded with some of yall over there. I'm Lewis, louie, fats, dum bass (cause a smart fish don't get caught)pretty much whatever falls out of a bodys mouth i will answer to, but never called *late for dinner*. Have wife n 2 daughters. 10yo n 5yo. 10yo is a foo foo girl, doesn't have much interest in r/c stuff. my 5yo Antoinette, yup, she's my little tom boy. She really has a interest in r/c so i try my best to spoil here and keep her interested. I've been in r/c since the late 70s. Started with radio shack sherman tanks, and yellow ford bigfoots. Grew from there. Still have my original wild willys and whats left of my original grasshopper. Have several classics from over the years. Got a drivers liscense then girls and r/c took a back seat. Now married with kids, little extra money and r/c is coming back to me/us again. Several years ago i FINALLY acquired a tamiya sherman, battle ready minus the IR apple. Annie loves driving it. She wasn't able to do so for over a year n a half because she lost the TX. Well, few weeks ago, wife found it, so she's been playing with it a lot now. So much so, broke down and bought her a heng long panzer. 5yo doesn't need a battle ready tamiya. a $50 HL is fine for her for now. Back around christmas time i ended up with a king hauler ((compliments to kaf343)) and should be receiving a pair of trailers very soon ((compliments to mackdaddy))... I've found myself over the course of the last few years ((pretty much since i got my sherman)) mentally leaving the 1/10-12th scale scene with a bigger interest developing in 14th-16th scale. Even some 18th scale military support items to decorate the new yard once I move. I have also been collecting lots of 1/24-36th losi micro r/c stuff to go along with my G gauge outdoor railroad that I will also finally be able to get set up in the next year or so.

Don't know how active I will be, dont have a lot to contribute, I'm in the process of selling out most of my posessions and semi-retiring in the Philippines. The majority of my r/c stuff is already on its way but my shop/mechanic tools and a few r/cs are still here. welders, grinders, torches, etc.etc.etc.....

I am however researching several projects so I'm sure I'll ask some questions for guidance, even if i don't have a build thread started. Bought 2 ertl wheel loaders at tractor supply today on close out for $19.99 each. Wife said she would even play with one once it's converted to r/c. So maybe i'll finally get the wife interested in playing with us. Gotta encourage this the best I can.
Louie

Last edited by BiLLy bOb; 02-03-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:51 PM

sneff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: finally coming out in NE Tenn.

welcome to the forum!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Welcome Aboard! I spent some time in Subic Bay during Desert Storm.
Cheers, Neil.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Green Horn

ekim is on a distinguished road

Welcome Billy... I have many fond memories of subic, angeles city, and manilla.... Hope you enjoy your retirement there and that the rain plays well with you when you want to be outside with your toys.....
Michael (ekim)
Old 02-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you want to come and play with us...

Wayne
Old 02-03-2014, 08:39 PM

thanks yall fer da warm welcome.

doodlebug, ekim, thanks for the service.

Here's a shot of my current junk. After my wife saw the new case loader, she liked it, even expressed a interest in playing with it. also picked up another skid steer. this one is ertl with accessories, marked down to $12.99. figured why not? already got bruder skid steer tore apart in box. hoping to get servos ordered in the next week or soo.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:00 PM

sneff is on a distinguished road

Nice
Old 02-04-2014, 12:34 AM

thank you sir.