RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ebay Feedback

I have a bone to pick and was wondering what you guys thought in reference to feedback on ebay

Do you (the Buyer) leave feedback first? or do you wait for the seller to do it?

First off, I don't leave feedback for anyone first unless I am the seller and I don't leave feedback at all if I dont get any as the buyer

Where do you guys stand in refernce to leaving feedback on ebay

Alfy
Old 12-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Losiassociated

Default Re: Ebay Feedback

I leave feed back first.
The feed back is for how you where treated not the other way around.
Its a service that it shows how things went and how you where treated and so on so I feel you should leave feed back.
Sorta like all you have is your word in life same sence in my eyes.
Greg
Old 12-07-2010, 03:55 PM

Fireman700 is on a distinguished road

I will leave feedback, but only after receiving product and if any problems contacting the seller.

I make my decision of purchasing an item based on feedback - If the seller has horrible feedback, horrible communication when asking questions, or just poor customer service I won't buy or if I did buy will leave the feedback representing it. I do feel it is also important for the seller to leave feedback to the buyer. This gives other sellers a vote of confidence knowing they are going to receive payment and are dealing with a good customer.

That is why I like the feedback sections here too as it gives people an idea of how we as people are since many of us may not meet each other due to distance
Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

when buying I'll leave feed back as soon as I get the item . when selling as soon as I get paid and I don't mess with ppl with less then a 100 unless the comments sound like some one is trying to get something for nothing . feedback is very important to me as it is hard for me to trust ppl since a couple of incidents in the past speaking of feed back , holy cow I got some catch up to do here all very positive

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Journeyman

I have no problems leaving feedback for somone but if I am a frequent customer and leave feedback I expect to receive it as well.I take pride in my rating and if the seller does as well than he should recipricate in turn.As you guys say, it is a service provided and its a give and take way of doing things.....I have bought tons of stuff from a vendor an not once did they ever leave feedback for me..Would You?

Therefore if that seller can't appreciate MY business and leave me feedback after tons of my money has gone to him, than there is no reason to leave them feedback in return

alfy

Last edited by MACK Daddy; 12-08-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Losiassociated

Alfy,
Is this directed towards someone?
You said him,whats up Alfy?
Greg
Old 12-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I think I know who , never got feedback from them either , but lets keep it at that here . As for feed back do what you feel is right . I normally don't deal with non feedbackers unless it is the last resort .

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:49 PM

Juganought is on a distinguished road

Got to agree with you Alfy. I always leave feedback....Geez I forgot, I didn't leave one for pops (FGD). I only buy stuff, but some sellers only leave feedback after I've left for them, which I dont think is right, after all, I've paid up front.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

As a buyer i wait till i have the item and inspect it. might not be for a few days after i get it. As for seller. id leave feedback as soon as payment goes through.
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 12-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Journeyman

@ Stuff

keep in mind this is strictly toward Ebay sellers. Not necessarily members in the RC world although I have been around so long that I don't feel the need for feedback unless i havent sold anything in a few on the boards and want to get some recognition on the transaction, but I understand where you are coming from

I agree on leaving feedback quickly as a seller especially if it was a quick payment by the buyer.. If the item I am selling is in said condition than I have nothing to worry about the buyer being dissatisfied

@ Losi

yeah it is directed towards an ebay seller...This Seller has a chip on his shoulder !

Alfy

Last edited by MACK Daddy; 12-08-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

I personally don't agree with the way the feedback is done on Ebay.

There is to much room for vindictiveness. The way I look at it the feedback needed from the sellers point of view is simply did the buyer pay, and how soon after the sale did he pay.. To me that is all that the buyer has to do as part of the transaction.

On the buyers part the feedback should be limited to was the product as stated, was the product shipped properly and timely, did the seller perform the proper customer service such as prompt response to questions, problems, or concerns, and did the seller hold to their exchange or return policy as stated on the sale.

That should be it. PERIOD.....

I have had the occasion a few times where I ordered something, paid for it through PayPal immediately after the auction ended (like with-in five minutes) I had asked the seller two different questions on this item, both of which were unclear to me in the item description. The description clearly stated "Items shipped next day after payment received". I paid for the item, then sent (as I do with all sales) a message to the seller asking them to email me a tracking number after the item is shipped so that I know when to be expecting the item. This was on a Sunday night. two days went by and I got no return message from the seller. I sent him another message that Wednesday asking again for the shipping information. I got a message back stating that the item was shipped UPS on Monday but he did not have the tracking number at that time. This was on the 3rd day after the sale was final, the shipping I paid for was UPS 3 day Ground. Allowing for the fact that the sale ended on a Sunday, this was now Wednesday when the seller told me the item was shipped on Monday. I received the item from UPS on the following Thursday. I immediately went on line to UPS tracking and entered the tracking number which I NOW had off the package and it stated very clearly that it was shipped that Tuesday and delivered Thursday. The Item was received for shipping at UPS 8 days after he had told me it was shipped.

Needless to say I left a "Neutral" feedback stating this, to which the seller left me a "Negative" feedback along with the comment. "Careful this buyer wants his item two days before the auctions over, better make sure you ship it right then or he leave negative"

Ok first I left a Neutral feedback, second his shipping description stated "Shipped next day after payment received", third he returned an email telling me the item WAS shipped on Monday.

Now the way I look at it I was perfectly in my rights to leave a Negative feedback, I left no comment other than "shipping not as stated" and checked the Neutral box. The fact that I did EXACTLY what I should have done as a buyer, and he was able to give me a negative feedback that I could do nothing about was just wrong.

For this reason I think that the feedback should be re-vamped so that buy answering simple yes and no questions would determine the score and no comments should be posted at all.

I just finished a feedback for RCDamper. I noticed that you still click on the Positive, Neutral, Negative and then the five stars for Item as described, Communication, Shipping Time, and Shipping and Handling charges. That should be IT... Nothing else and for the seller to leave for the buyer should be simply Paid Promptly, Communication and nothing more.

Just my thoughts.

-Mike

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 12-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Wannabe

CorbettTrailers is on a distinguished road

I've sworn off ebay all together. And Paypal. This is due to my own personal experience which was not a good one.
ECMT Members: Join your Group. Go to your username in the top right corner of the page and click on it. When your profile opens go down to group memberships, Click on East Coast Mini Truckers, The social group will open and scroll down And in the middle it you will see "Join Group" Click on it and then confirm that you REALLY wanna join.
[SIZE="2"]
Old 12-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Wannabe

mazdaparts will become famous soon enoughmazdaparts will become famous soon enough

As an occasional seller on ebay I leave feedback when I get payment and the item ships (usually 1-2 days from end date). As a buyer I leave feedback after I get the item in my hands. Personally I feel this is the way it should be, but most sellers do leave feedback until the buyer leaves feedback.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Semi Joe

as a seller on ebay

ebay has 2 different types of sellers

1 is a regular like your adverage person
2 is like me ,i have a store ,we pay ebay a fee and we have something called
AUTO-FEED BACK. sense we have multible buyers is a pain to answer
each and every customer. on AUTO FEED BACK , once receive it automatically gives the customer feedback

so alfy ,sorry bro but your wrong,sellers dont go 1st.
i have 7000 feedbacks.i didnt get by not giving it back
Old 12-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Losiassociated

WOW
Joe hit the head on that one.
I agree Joe.

Greg
Old 12-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Banned

Rpp Hobby is an unknown quantity at this point

I can not stand E bay or their feedback system. IMO the only look out for the buyers now, and are giving buyers the perfect opportunity to work over a seller for the littlest things.