RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:37 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

A few loads of flax out today... one more to do Monday. Because I cleaned flax before binning it last fall to get rid of the high moisture FM, the trk & trl is like half full volume wise & weighing up 28mt... last couple loads I've been down to 25 -26mt... last load I gots to try to guess 21mt or I'll be bringing some back to put in the bin... a lot of extra time & effort & clean up

The upside knowing how well my flax is weighing up is that my dismal guess of 6,5bu yield from the last fall is very likely over 10bu now, more money now if the price would just go up 20% to reach last yr's highs...

Country elevator 6 miles away yet, half way there...

Joe
Old 04-06-2016, 11:12 AM

Acadieman is on a distinguished road

Nice pictures! Hard to imagine that the Elevator is 6 miles away.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate this year! Its been a odd Spring so far in this area.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:52 PM
BANNED

The zoom was maxxed on the Iphone. Yeah, the weather... I'm due for a lottery yr for a change.

The local New Holland dealership, an impressive icon being mated to a brand new Morris drill, the 600/50 Big Bud looks kinda small ... last week the Bud was in the shop parked next to a 700hp Ford 4wd on tracks & the Bud dwarfed it!

The mechanic is about 5'7"

The drill is 71ft on 12" spacing

Going to town tomorrow to pick up my new seed cart, this one is 30% bigger than the old one. And variable rate toowhich will be nice to fine tune seeding rates from the cab.

Joe
Old 04-08-2016, 10:05 AM

71 ft drill, can't take to long to cover an acre with that.
Big Bud still are impressive. I like the Belarus/Kirovet models as well, very square and basic in design.
The new cart looks sophisticated and easier to pull with the 4 wheel setup.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:51 PM
BANNED

71ft on the mile will seed about 8.6ac, me @60ft is about 7.3ac.

I was hoping yesterday it would quick switch, but of course not need a different hitch on back of drill... and my plastic auger is too short too... summer time mod.

My 25ga hyd tank for the trk & pup showed up today, get that in place & see what hoses need lengthening.

Here's the two carts side by side, left one is 580bu capacity, right 430bu... the arrangement of the 3 individual compartments for capacity is better on the newer cart so I can maximize my acres per fill to its full potential. The smaller cart had its smallest tank in the middle, the larger cart has it in front. The middle tank is paired with either the front or rear tank, can't be metered alone.

Joe
Old 04-18-2016, 11:36 PM
BANNED

Loaded up tonite for turnkey in the morning... it hasn't been this early since 2012, and that was a lottery yr of great crops & great prices... here's hoping for a repeat.

Joe
Old 04-19-2016, 12:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Nice pictures Joe, got one of it all stretched out, in the field?
Old 04-19-2016, 11:29 PM
BANNED

Panoramic from the cab on the fly

...not so good

...anyways, new cart worked good today, a couple of hiccups to work through the 1st couple hrs, the 30% increase in capacity is awesome! and the adjusting seed rates from the cab is pretty sweet too.

Red lentils done, moving onto yellow peas tomorrow, that'll take a few days.

Joe
Old 04-21-2016, 12:01 AM
BANNED

Joe
Old 04-21-2016, 07:33 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Great pictures, thanks Joe!
Old 04-21-2016, 02:51 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Looks like you got yourself a pretty slck set up Joe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:28 PM

nice pics!

Soooo many lines! I suspect means more control in the application too.

Sounds like we are all having an early start. Over here the province is already in a no fire permitted state because its so dry.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:25 PM
BANNED

Thanks guys.

Acadieman, the drill is a double shoot, two 1" lines going to each shank/seed boot. One line fertilizer, exits seed boot in the middle of the seed row, the 2nd line is seed coming out either side of fertilizer (paired row) half an inch above. The seed boots are spaced 12" apart.

I had a good week here, sowed 900 acre by Friday 2pm... I need to spray burn off (glyphosate) to continue seeding durum, but yesterday & today it's too gusty for that! Fricking weather. Talking rain/snow here Sunday/Monday... it'll be Wednesday below the weather cooperates again... so much for getting started early

Hiredman is on the landroller right now, packing down the small rocks & flattening the dirt lumps left by the drill pass... pulse crops are either very close to the ground or right on the ground, the surface has gotta be as smooth & flat as possible to get 'er all in the bin. ...and hopefully not pick a rock into the combine, that would be bad & expensive.

Joe
Old 04-25-2016, 03:20 PM
BANNED

Aint this HILARIOUS

last night

today

...last week mid 20's, sunshine changing to 0's & snow for most of this week.

Joe
Old 04-25-2016, 04:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Totally agree Joe. This is getting ridiculous! Started snowing here this morning till after lunch. About as much as you got. I got all my yard raking finally done and was actually thinking about setting things up in the park till the wife told me the forcast.

I'm sure you can still have a 2012 type year or does this really screw things up?
Old 04-25-2016, 08:03 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

I cant see the pictures, but the upside of having the snow will be some extra moisture to help get a (hopefully) great yield.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:51 PM
BANNED

Just makes you want to reach out & punch a tree hugger, eh Mario?! ...lying azz morons with their fossil fuel global warming bullshyt -> it's as big of a joke as the Y2K scandal 15yrs ago.

No, cold snowy weather won't hurt any week old seeded crop at this point, some of what was planted last week has probably germinated, but it's not above ground yet. I seed pulses 1st, then do my weed burn off 7-10days later. Chemical options for spraying in-crop pulses are so limited & timing crop growth extremely crucial that this has been the best option for maximum weed control measures that by the time it's necessary to do in-crop spray control the next flush of weeds is very small & easy to wipe out... then hopefully with the right timing of sunshine & moisture the crop advances quick enough to canopy the ground & block the sunshine for the 3rd flush in later June... that's the plan anyway. My only worry atm is how long will this cold dreary weather carry on vs how quickly the seed germinates & tries to poke through the surface... Wednesday I'll be walking the muddy fields & digging by hand in the seed rows to see how much the seeds have grown & make a new plan when to spray... cold weather should slow down activity enough so hopefully the fields dry out enough that I don't have to rut the shyt out of it with the sprayer...

Right now it's snowing pretty heavy...

RT9, something's wrong with photobucket... some of pic appear - some don't. Rebooting computer didn't help either... maybe tomorrow they'll work.

Joe
Old 04-26-2016, 05:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

I have a load of wet batch concrete on my truck, raining, the paving has stalled!
Cheers!
Old 04-26-2016, 02:46 PM
BANNED

So as long as it keeps raining the cement won't set up in the box? Is the hardener added by the paver machine?

Joe
Old 04-26-2016, 07:38 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Concrete will setup under water . It's a chemical reaction with water added to the cement .