RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:09 PM

Papabaer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Classy Shak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post

~Mike~
Have a look at this picture for demensions of the motor

...so kepp on rolling, keep on trucking!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Greets from Germany
Martin
Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Wow that is cool! I'm assuming it's a mini servo? What are the demensions of the motor?
You would have to ask Lynn (tc1cat) what servo he used. as for the dimensions, the engine is 1/12 scale so it is just a little bigger but so close to perfect. to get it to set in the truck properly you either have to mod the frame rails or the oil filters on the motor.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 05-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys! I found a site with the measurements. Needed to know if I could fit it under a globe cab (obviously with a few mods)
Old 05-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Lady Trucker

Bewitched is on a distinguished road

Outstanding build Mike you have a lot of time in your build and you detail is a work of art cant wait to see it finished.

Becky
Old 05-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitched View Post
Outstanding build Mike you have a lot of time in your build and you detail is a work of art cant wait to see it finished.

Becky

WOW thanks Becky, I'm truly honored that you took the time to say something about my build. You don't post much on the forum and to post on my build... Thanks.

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 05-18-2012, 02:22 PM

diddys trucking is on a distinguished road

Lovin your biuld pure craftsmanship Are you still going with the white/purple paint

Dave
Old 05-22-2012, 05:18 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddys trucking View Post
Lovin your biuld pure craftsmanship Are you still going with the white/purple paint

Dave
Yes Dave still white and purple.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Mike, I just wanted to say I can't wait to see this bad boy finished. It will truely be one of a kind.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:09 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Hi All, Well I got my spiked lug nuts from Steve the other day and got them all polished up and installed. I have to say they look EXACTLY like what I wanted.

Thanks again Steve for making these happen.

Here is a link to a video on how I polished these. I simply put a 2mm screw in my drill press, then screwed on a lug nut using the slowest speed. Then I got a cotton buffing pad for my Dremel, and used some green Jewelers Rouge.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Green Horn

CrimsonCorsair is on a distinguished road

Those look AMAZING! That just makes the wheels pop - very nice.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Master A-Modeler

sneaky-pete is on a distinguished road

Those are coolMike..........Steve did a great job.
I wish you had the time to just work on this truck and nothing else.
I'm ready to see this thing done.It's going to be an epic build
Old 05-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

don't thank me I'm just the messenger on these My helper did all the werk on them . I'm glad you got the patients to put them on all 6 I got some to mount on before I ship they're wheels

Old 05-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Mental! They really are a nice touch. Thanks for the vid on how you polished them. Simple and effective. Thumbs up!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:29 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
don't thank me I'm just the messenger on these My helper did all the werk on them . I'm glad you got the patients to put them on all 6 I got some to mount on before I ship they're wheels
Steve the Bi@#h part on the drives is you have to back the screws all the way out till they are flush with the rim and then get them to thread immediately in order for them to be tight when the lug is tight. I'm thinking about drilling the hub out one one of them so that the lug passes threw and see if that makes it easier, just not sure I want to do that..

Old 06-01-2012, 04:34 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCorsair View Post
Those look AMAZING! That just makes the wheels pop - very nice.
Thanks Michael, I'm happy as he!! Steve got these for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky-pete View Post
Those are coolMike..........Steve did a great job.
I wish you had the time to just work on this truck and nothing else.
I'm ready to see this thing done.It's going to be an epic build
Thanks Troy, wish I had the time to get her done as well, but then I wouldn't have the cash to finish it.. It's a vicious circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
Mental! They really are a nice touch. Thanks for the vid on how you polished them. Simple and effective. Thumbs up!
Thanks, and no problem.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx for the video Mike...You make it look simple. And I can't wait to get my wheels and the spikes. Look's real sharp, no punt attended.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Hey Gents

I actually did some work on the Shak today...

I figured out a way to run the fifth wheel lock and have all the linkage under the deck plate.

I made a sort of bell crank.

Now I will be able to have the servo in the sleeper and no linkage seen.

I also built a functional release handle just like the real ones, so I will be able to unlock it either way.

I do have one question though, I'm sure Paul, Nate, or any number of you can answer this for me.

Is there a way to limit the travel of a servo or will it do it automatically.

The reason I ask is cause the throw on the lock is only about 1/2" and if it goes to far past the limit either way it could move part of the linkage for the lock and make it so it won't work right.

Anyway here are some pictures.

The under side. I have made this by pinching the bottom part of the bell crank between two nuts because I have to have a way to remove the fifth wheel through the deck plate. This is the part that could turn if the servo moves to far.

Here is the release handle.

Now all I need is some ball joints and I got it made..

Does anyone know where to get some 2mm and 3mm all thread rods?

Old 11-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

Hey Mike, good to see some more progress on the "Shack". As to answer a couple of your questions, the servo can be limited on throw by where you set your endpoints on the radio. The shorter arm on the servo too will only allow it to go so far as well.

As for the all thread you may try McMaster as I believe they have metric all thread in those sizes.

Looking good and can't wait to see more.

Tyler
Old 11-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Love this build Mike it is by far the best most detailed build of a semi I have ever seen.. Nice work man keep it up.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 11-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Glad to see the Shak is Back Mike. Great idea with the dual function on the fifth wheel. The way I built my wife's truck I realize there is no way to run it manually
Thanks for posting and hope to see more

Mario.