RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2014, 05:48 AM

mamwr is on a distinguished road
Default New King Hauler Project

Hi All,

I have just finished building a King hauler, and am about to start some modifications to it, including a 65T motor, 4" stretch, bull pipes, Texas front fender, bow tie visor and colour matched double hump fenders. These should be going on in the next couple of weeks as all the parts just turned up today.

Here is a link to my new member thread where I just put some initial pictures.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=9443

I had a few technical questions which I was hoping someone might be able to answer...

Firstly, I got the recommended fender mounting brackets with my double hump fenders, but I have no idea how they are supposed to be installed, would anyone have an idea?

Next, I am keen to try and centre my throttle stick on my controller (Spektrum Dx6i), but was thinking instead of getting the parts from Spektrum, maybe I could swap the parts from the rudder channel to the throttle channel, so the gear shift is un-sprung, but the throttle is. Has anyone heard of doing such a thing before? Could the parts be swapped from one 'gimbal' to the other?

Lastly I am having some difficulties getting the transmission into all gears. I am confident it is built correctly, I think it is just the servo not giving enough throw, is there a specific servo known to work really well with the 3 speed tranny?

Thanks,
Matt