RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 09-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

About how much machining time do you have in 1 axle? Your machining is outstanding!!
Old 09-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
About how much machining time do you have in 1 axle? Your machining is outstanding!!
That is a hard question to answer, many parts,,, with wheels, probably around 12-13 hours? But I'm still learning and playing with numbers. Like the axle extension part that I.d. Of bearings slip over I had 1.5 hours in machine time. But now getting specs on insert and cutter I can probably drop that down to 45min. And another tool path I was using cutting speeds same as rapids and that took a 1hour program down to 30min. But I'm not breaking or pushing things. Lots to learn for a simple mind like me. And lots to improve speed up on. But I'm not trying to speed things up as in a production environment but just hate to see slow movements when tools are not engaged in a cut. . And after the initial program was proven to do what intended. The bearing pockets were a few trial/error and sneaking up on proper clearences to get them a snug hand press fit. Wasn't using a boar tool just path and the tollarances on machine are pretty good. I'd say I get a good 80% score mark all way around bearing pockets. Good enough for me .
Old 09-20-2017, 12:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Great work CB. Shows you are paying attention to the little things. Ed