RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road
Default King Hauler Rebuild, Stage 1

So after a year it was time to start some of the upgrades I have been wanting to do. Since it is winter, sounded like a good time to get it started.

As she sat on Saturday:

I decided the rebuild would be best done in two stages, so stage 1 will be the frame upgrade. I plan on keeping the color scheme, but am contemplating using a different paint this time. Going to install a new front bumper mount to pull the bumper back, new fuel tanks and brackets, an hopefully new steps. I also plan on replacing the servo mounts, rear axle cross member and maybe the rear bumper mount with metal ones from LESU. Most likely new drive shafts and I would really like to find a new rear bumper. Cleaning up the wiring, adding deck plates and a APU are also on the schedule. OH, and a new 45 or 55 turn motor. I think that's it.

I tore the truck apart and then completely disassembled the frame.

Next up will be taking apart the axles, steering, steps and tank and then stripping paint.