RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 11-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Thanx Kalle. The model has plenty of power & can spin the wheels easily. I try not to. It grips well, I can't recall if I ever weighed it (don't personally have a scale), probably close to twenty 20 pounds.

I can't think of anything negative to say about it, it works really well. One of these days soon I'll install a DX6 radio so I can mix the pump/valves, make it work even better.

If you haven't heard already, Lars Stahl shut 'er down in September... don't know if he's taking a break to regroup or if he's done forever. Hopefully Leimbach & son will take over his side of it, it'd be a shame to see these simple working, but very durable models disappear from the marketplace. Klaus Leimbach & the late Harald Stahl are the pioneers that got this rc construction model hobby started in the early 90's.
Thx for the info Joe, seems to be a nice machine!

I only heard that it was hard to get parts and such lately from Stahl, not that he closeing, hope that someone takes over hes production, they seem to be very nice models.

Maybe i should keep an eye out for a used one!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:25 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Frank said his WA 500-6 loader will be available middle next yr.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:42 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Frank said his WA 500-6 loader will be available middle next yr.
Yea, i just have to check the price on that one first!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 PM
BANNED

Putting my 850's u/c back together...

Instead of wasting time and money getting a dual sprocket, I just added a washer to either side of the sprocket to fill the width of the track link. I just need to chuck it up in the lathe to true the diameter so it runs level. It's fitting quite snug as it is, I'll try it 1st, any binding & I'll have to trim the face on one side.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

very cool joe! way to use the welder!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Way to go Joe, You're thinking outside the box! Thank's for sharing!

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:37 AM
Wannabe

Finally Joe, its time for that 850 to move its feet!

Great solution for the sprocket, some black paint over that and you shouldnt see the washers, if you even care!

One thing i noticed when you screwing the bevelgear unit to the sideplate, you wont be able to mount it to the undercarrige.

Instead mount the plate first to the UC with the rollers and motors on the plate, then slide the bevelgear unit into the undercarrige, just slide it in, when it stops, turn the bevelgear so that the yokes lineup and attach to eachother then push the bevel unit full in and screw it to the undercarrige.

Its a very neat way how they did this, 4 screws and you can pull the bevel unit out, i have done it once out "on work" and its so easy.

Now you will finally get to use the model full out!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 AM
BANNED

Yeah, that took about a half second to realize Kalle when I set the outer plate to the u/c... this aint gonna work!

4 bolts??!!! Mine has 8 bolts to secure it in place. 4 on the outer plate & 4 on the bridge.

Amazing when I get JUICED to build, started about 8pm... now it's 7am... oops! It was about 2am when I had to make a trip to my farm shop 3miles away to re-tack the inner washer on one of the sprokets. I find it difficult to mig with 035 wire on low amps, need another mig for hobby use with 023.

While I was there I welded a quik tach to my drill, the precut plates I got extras from Kalle when he sent me a duplicate of his ripper tooth last winter.

When it was time to take my u/c to the machinist, I strip it down in about 40 min... 9hrs to re-assemble got 'er done.

Time for a nap.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Yeah, that took about a half second to realize Kalle when I set the outer plate to the u/c... this aint gonna work!

4 bolts??!!! Mine has 8 bolts to secure it in place. 4 on the outer plate & 4 on the bridge.
Haha! Yea, i hate that feeling! When i figured it all made sense as it always does!

Ohh my bad, youre right, i forgot about the 4 ones on the outside plate, 8 on each side.

So the extra mounts finally came to use, looking forward to see the difference on the 850!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:32 PM
BANNED

The DX8 I'm using with this 850 has five proportional chs, two 3pos switches & one 2pos switch. So that leaves one proportional (dial) & one 3pos to try to operate this Sabertooth.

I have the turning on the 3pos & all I could get it to do was either off, turn right slowly or turn right quickly. Couldn't get it to turn left.

So I started monkeying with the mix, making aux3 (dial, for/rev) master & aux1 (3pos, turning) slave. Master has a bit more epa than slave, also factored in negative offset & F Mode 2 to turn mix on (0 or 1 is off) and now it works left/right! But only if I'm moving for/rev.

I just watched your DX10 vid PFB, I hope my thumbs are long enough to reach the sticks! I think the DX10 will be the ultimate for any constr rc.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:23 PM
BANNED

The 850 took a new route to the basement last night, a bit of a tight fit! thru the window. I was thinking afterward had I removed the bucket that might have given me another half inch lower & probably drove straight in... next time. Don't want to carry it down the stairs no more... and I can easily split it half to go up the stairs if its disabled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qURaVKv7bwE

Had a little accident last nite... thought I was done assembly & ready to go the basement when I noticed the swing motor seemed a bit loose. I had to separate the 850’s house from the u/c (again) and then balance the house on the tracks with wooden blocks to take the swing motor pinion off to get the motor out. It sat there for ten minutes while I sit there in front of it. Step away from the bench for 30secs & the house hits the floor! I heard it starting to slide and grabbed it by the stick, but not before it struck the stool 1st. My throat was hoarse from screaming profanities for two minutes. (it's funny now )

Minor damage to the ceramic coating on the boom & stick, took some paint off the counterweight and the DX8 rx no longer works. The light is out in the larger box where the leads plug in, but the light is on in the smaller box. Got no power to the servos nor esc’s. Good thing I have a spare on hand... shyt happens & I hate waiting for parts.

It’s quite the dent in my linoleum floor.

Gonna Have to mount an overhead crane in the workshop to work on this now heavier equip safely.

Joe
Old 11-18-2011, 01:55 PM
BANNED

This is the oil color after approx 30hrs of 26bar pressure, my camera doesn't really capture the right shade. It's dark, but I can still see through it somewhat. Atleast it's not black like the aluminum cyl barrels of Leimbach with 15bar press.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

Engine hoist!!

You won't want to hold the 10t in your hands. You will use the weird shoulder harness because it's ridiculously comfortable this way. Either that or if you put it on your lap while sitting it would work well.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

Are you using plow blade oil or Vario's stuff?
Old 11-18-2011, 02:21 PM
BANNED

I guess I will have to adapt however when I get it... I've always operated with just my thumbs though.

Esso Hydraul 50 (10W), get it at the local petroleum dealer.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

How do you have the DX8 set up to run the 850?

Reg
Old 11-18-2011, 04:43 PM
BANNED

boom^ swing> stick^ bucket>

Sabertooth with the differential mix on, dial switch (aux3 ch) for/rev, 3pos (aux1 ch) turning... although center of 3pos is not 0s? Is it 1s one direction & 2s the other direction? Don't know what the problem is that I can not get this 3pos to work the way I want or think it should. Centering 3pos turns right.

Fiddling with the mix, aux3 Master / aux1 Slave and adjusting a few other variables like offset & sub trim, I can make it turn left.

Moving forward, center aux1 turns it right. Moving forward, activate mix with F mode switch turns it left.

This is how I got it to work with the chs I had left to use. There's other electronic devices out there to expand small ch radios to double up functions on the sticks, but I want to be able to use the arm with the tracks to climb steep slopes.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

haha sounds complicated for sure. I have a DX8 as well and have been trying to formulate a plan for controlling my Volvo if I ever get it finished. I plan on running a hydraulic thumb on top of the other functions so I may have to run a second reciever for the track drives. I would like to have it all on one but I can't see it being possible without buying another radio which is not in the cards anytime soon.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I wonder if you can take another Tx / Rx and turn the 2 sticks into foot peddles for the drive just like the real excavator . Or just extend the sticks like in our old koering 6605's . I'd be right at home with that set up .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-19-2011, 01:22 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

This is what you need Joe !

This machine is a beast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=cjGIzuKJQMg

greg