RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 05-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

heh Joe its been so wet and now they opened up both dams to around 300 cubic meters/second (10 594.4 cubic feet/second) combined and its been very wet. ive had a couple days off work because of the wet rains and so forth and wet ground + wet roads + an 88,000lbs OVER WEIGHT hydrovac truck came out to the landfill and wrecked the only road left passable to work.. one part had 4ft deep ruts.

Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:20 AM

edwalsh18 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensR View Post
Did someone say barge?

Awesome idea.
Please try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9GOJt5mRIg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtekLTgEXmQ

looks like this guy will be able to do that soon....

here is a link to his build, its in german but with google translate u can understand some of it.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...6Ahk6Jx9hl374g
Old 05-15-2011, 12:34 PM

mog is on a distinguished road

well just take it eazy if you are going dreging. local guy was out clean the stuff from around the brige when the bank gave way and now all you can't see any of the hoe and it's a long reach to boot. this is a old pic week old the water is up now the hoe is done it was trying to start it self when the water can in the cab.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:02 AM

sig p232 is on a distinguished road

Your progress is absolutely amazing. I dont remember the first time I saw the basement, but you have made me and others that I run with drool.

One question on your volvo truck, does the wheel mount directly to the output of the motor gearbox?

Nate

More: After looking over on scale 4x4 your font motor assembly looks very close to something I ran accross a few weeks ago. It may be worth ordering 1 and seeing if it is a fit, for $13 it seems to be worth a gamble.

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.co...?number=G17949

Last edited by sig p232; 05-16-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog View Post
well just take it eazy if you are going dreging. local guy was out clean the stuff from around the brige when the bank gave way and now all you can't see any of the hoe and it's a long reach to boot. this is a old pic week old the water is up now the hoe is done it was trying to start it self when the water can in the cab.
I hear now just the tip of the boom is sticking out of the water. its risen that much.
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 05-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Any Updates?
Old 05-23-2011, 05:50 PM

jjackso5 is on a distinguished road

Joe, hello and how's the project coming? I have viewed your progress and enjoyed your videos of your project. I noticed the "rock crusher" that you made. Is there a build thread for the "crusher"? Do you have a materials list? Or suggestions?

The reason for the request is to duplicate this for an idea I've got for my back yard. I can have my hobby stuff and use it to do some necessary work for the truck area.

Thank you, again I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to seeing more.

Jim
Old 05-23-2011, 08:27 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

It's a dirt lump crusher, not rock. The clay can be almost as hard as rock, but this crusher will fine it up to scale size 4 to 6 inch (half the size of a garden pea). I made this crusher to fine up the dirt for when I was using a belt conveyer to move the dirt out of the basement. Now I just cush it for fun, then trk it out. No build thread on it. Nothing to building it, just a couple of rollers that are power by 1/4hp 110vac motor & 60:1 reduction box.

A member earlier in the winter mentioned something about building a scale jaw crusher & screening plant. He's got a well stocked basement machine shop to do it in, haven't heard from him in awhile, hopefully he's going to surprize me soon with a jaw crusher.

Nate, correct. I have the needed motor now to fix my Volvo adt, just gotta get 'er done. Thanx for the link.

Ed, link doesn't work. I know the forum you referenced to, but haven't found the thread yet. Which sub forum is it in?

Raining again here... for the last week. Got a wks worth of seeding done, I suppose I'm half done what I intended to plant, so I'm not totally screwed... but time is running out.

So I've been tinkering on the 850 these past few days and discovered another missing part, a compression collar for the pressure guage fitting... stalled out again! What a fricking joke

Aseer helped me to get some Spektrum radios with the left stick spring loaded center. Put a rx into one of Freddy's screwdrive trks I got from him last yr... we'll find out here shortly if it's Lil Giants tuff or not?! I sure like the brushless motor & R2 trans that's in it, perfect scale speed & control. The plastic driveshafts I don't think will last very long... stay away from the ramps.

Put the adt on the workbench tonite maybe, get the wheel motor installed & tune a Spektrum radio to it with ch mixing of the steering & dump with hyds. After that I'll do the wheel loader, then trackloader.

As always, lots to do, but not always the ambition to do them.

Joe
Old 05-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about the missing part on the 850. It would be cool to see some pics of the Screwdrive truck.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:55 PM

Joe, thank you for the response. How many crusher rolls does your unit have? I was thinking at least three, that way I could progressively reduce the size of the material I put in. What are the rolls made of? Is there any contour/ shape to them? Are the rolls staggered or in-line? Would it be possible to get some pictures of the unit that would aloow me to duplicate it?

Thank you again for your help and response.

Hope you get all your equipment operational,

Jim
Old 05-24-2011, 12:31 AM
BANNED

Two crush rollers, spring loaded doors to let the rocks pass thru freely so they didn't stall out the motor. The rollers are 4 inches wide. Here's some pics.

Joe
Old 05-27-2011, 11:17 PM
BANNED

I recruited one of Freddygeardrive's trks for the quarry job. It has a RC4WD R2 trans & a brushless motor/esc combo that I also believe comes thru RC4WD, very reasonable speed & great control. The trk in the vid is putting around in 1st gear. I'm also using a Spektrum tx, oh so nice to have no more GLITCH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUoRBvgQtXs

Joe
Old 05-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Thank's for sharing Joe!
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug
Old 05-28-2011, 10:48 AM

mog is on a distinguished road

looking good joe you find the screw drive to be faster. that truck looks right at home down there. the red looks good but i thoght you where a green guy lol take care out there

Old 05-29-2011, 01:04 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Looks good Joe

Glad you made a video as we can still see what color it is, it will be worked hard in the future I am sure. heheh

greg
Old 05-30-2011, 03:49 AM
BANNED

Yeah, the electric lift is pretty quick Martin, but will it stand the test/stress of time like my hyds have?

You funny Greg...

Making great use of my newly aquired Spektrum radio system, I added a Spektrum rx to my adt & took advantage of the "two mixes" feature of the tx to combine the hydraulic pump with the two hyd valve controls of the steering & dump.

Very simple to calibrate, got it on the 1st try without even reading the instruction manual... very unusual for me!

This little trick should increase batt run time maybe as much two fold or more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbcTL0SM58w

Joe
Old 05-30-2011, 07:50 AM

Joe, thank you for the pictures of the crusher that helps understand what's under the "skin"'. Did you make or purchase the crusher rollers? Are they formed in any way, like a full size unit?

Thank you again,

Jim
Old 05-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

Making great use of my newly aquired Spektrum radio system, I added a Spektrum rx to my adt & took advantage of the "two mixes" feature of the tx to combine the hydraulic pump with the two hyd valve controls of the steering & dump.

Very simple to calibrate, got it on the 1st try without even reading the instruction manual... very unusual for me!

This little trick should increase batt run time maybe as much two fold or more.
Isn't the Spektrum/JR programming structure great. That is cool how you have the radio setup Joe. Will you add the esc pump control to your front end loader and excavator?

"No load is too Small"

Last edited by SmallHaul; 05-30-2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Spektrum & JR programming structure are similiar
Old 05-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Once you started using an ESC, you won't go back

Construction site on Facebook:

Pictures on Instagram:

Last edited by egronvold; 05-31-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typ-o
Old 05-31-2011, 01:35 AM
BANNED

I made the rollers. The top crush roller is #60 sprockets (one on each end) with 5/8 rod welded to it, I machined a steel shaft in my lathe to fit the weld-on sprockets & turned the ends down to 3/4 inch to fit the bearings. I also laid down 1 inch long beads of weld on the 5/8 rod, staggered to help grip the "lumps" & pull 'em in.

The bottom roller is 3 inch steel shaft, ends turned down to 3/4 inch to fit the bearings. And again, beads of weld the length of the roller, spaced half inch apart to give the roller some grip.

The Spektrum programming is the BOMB Scott, it's so easy that a caveman could figure it out!

I'll do both loaders & dozer in the near future (waiting on some goodies to come from RobotMarketPlace), but not the Stahl excavator as I need max oil flow continually the entire time it's in use. And also, I don't want to give up my F14 tray radio that I use with this excav, I really like how it feels in my hands for thumbs control.... although, Spektrum now has a tray radio, the DX10, that might be perfect for an excav tx.

The 850 needs an esc to power up the brushless pump motor anyway and I have a DX8 radio for this model, so I may experiment with mix on this hoe... but it's likely I'll have the pump run near to it's capacity all the time anyway for more precise movement & control. I've practiced for yrs to always keep the cyls moving so little to no oil flow is deadended thru the relief valve.

It's a "why didn't I think of that?!" idea Emil. That's a slick way to run these minature hydraulic systems to conserve amperage and wear & tear!