RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 06-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

And one just for Mario, haha, I'm using your idea of pre-digging with the bigger toys. Lol!! Loaded up most of the brick/rocks and hauled away. Now I definitely need to make a screening plant. Lots of smaller rocks but still big for the 1:14 scale. If I knew the future would yield a rock crusher I would keep the bricks close by. Perfect material for a crusher!! If you do see this Mario, hope you are doing well with the new homestead and family. Many years to follow to watch your backyard quarry project!!!

Oh an Benny, I keep forgetting to call ya back!! And that goes for anyone, I'm pretty hollow between the ears so if you are waiting for a response, call, or anything I'm not intentionally ignoring you or avoiding but simply in one ear and out the other. . Have too much useless knowledge upstairs that takes up too much memory resulting in forgetfulness!!!

the way I see it RW, it's not cheating, it's the right thing to do for the reasons you mention. Ultimate goal is to have fun with our machines not break them. Yes things wear out , that's normal. Breakage means bad operator or using beyond expected limits.
Nothing wrong with prepping the work site I say.

Things are finally moving forward here in the new place! Had our massive garage sale this weekend. Brought in 800 bucks which was great but it's all about making space!

I'm now at the point I can unpack my RC gear from crawl space and move in to the shop still a mess but I gotta get back at it, times a wasting. You'll be seeing and hearing from me more often going forward.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

https://youtu.be/kio6Mc_V7e0

Hope some of you guys like dozer videos another one of pushing dirt off the concrete
Old 06-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Loading the haul truck

https://youtu.be/jhHZrxSum7M
Old 06-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

you dont want to bury the base of that tree it will kill it
Old 06-08-2017, 09:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack van View Post
you dont want to bury the base of that tree it will kill it
The dirt pile is about 10 feet away from base of the larger tree you see in background. And I would be fine killing it!! That tree is a junk tree, every time wind blows limbs come down. Cut one that was next to it last year it was about a half bigger. Only reason it is still there is I really don't want to cut any down as benifit of shade but as soon as the hemlocks recently planted take off and get decent size its Paul Bunyan time!!! Only my blue ox is a stihl chainsaw.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

haha thats good i was also thinkin they gave good shade
Old 06-29-2017, 04:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Some progress on hauling

And the same fitting that I replaced on dozer let loose on the excavator. Ok that they were purchased at same time but the dozer one has been in service for a good but more than the hoe, maybe the temps had more to do with it. Just odd that they break at similar times. I think the oring inside was what was compromised. And they being used outside the rated pressure range. But had some other fittings in stock and back running. .
Old 06-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

And I'm pretty excited about our new employee. It's an odd situation as he is incarcerated. Something to do with property damage charges. But he is allowed to work on a work release program that the local warden arranged. So in the pictures that is why he is behind bars. I've been told that he is great at excavating tunnels and clearing weeds and brush. He doesn't talk much, but clicks his teeth and it's kind of annoying but I was told that he prefers to work alone and to just give him simple tasks. So we will see how this years seasonal help works out.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Full load, that's for sure! The dumper is an awesome machine.

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:21 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

What are you doing with a caged beaver?! Is it not well?

Joe
Old 06-29-2017, 05:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
What are you doing with a caged beaver?! Is it not well?
Well if I didn't have to worry about him having a lethal dose of lead under the porch I would have taken care of him a long time ago!! He has been digging tunnels around house and garage, just about stepped on him the other day when I was getting ready to water recently planted hemlocks! And he decided the fresh loose dirt along root ball was a good location for his living room!! I have no problem with shooting unwanted visitors but afraid I would not drop him and he would go under porch and die. Then haunt me with his decomposing remains,, stench. So after a couple rabbits and empty traps I finally got the little bas&&@&!!! every year I go through this!! And every year more find a place to live near house!! His three brothers and sisters played a game of chicken on road and lost!!
Old 06-29-2017, 07:52 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

The dirt on the cab protector is more than would fit in my Mack ! Great news on your new employee
Old 06-29-2017, 08:42 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

you can let him loose in my husky yard . He'll keep em busy for awhile .

Old 06-29-2017, 11:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
you can let him loose in my husky yard . He'll keep em busy for awhile .
Lol!! Probably not as long as he would like . If my old yellow lab was still with us I wouldn't have this problem, he was very good at keeping the groundhog population low the dogs that I have now would rather walk around him or are just thinking he is another weird cat they have to share the yard with!!
Old 07-02-2017, 09:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Benny came over Saturday for the afternoon and helped move some material. I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it as much as I did, great to have you over and always welcome!! A couple pics of some heaped loader buckets!! And all in all I think Benny was making just as much progress in moving the dirt as I was with the haul truck. He was able to load his truck and transport as much material in the same time it took me to load the haul truck with the excavator for one load!! And one pic for size comparison of the two trucks.

And showed him around and he may have convinced me to clean up the lower part of barn to make room for an indoor area. That opens a lot of possibilities and ideas for future plans. Would have to make a screening plant, (have been wanting to anyway) may need to have more people come over to transport materials as it would have to be done with trucks, too low of ceilings for skid steer. So that also would be insurance for the company's future

Again thanks Benny had a great time and hope to see ya back again!!
Old 07-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oh and also a shout out to bo, a year or so ago you gave me some wooden mats, with the soil being so dry and loose I was able to use them under the excavator and keep within reach of the haul truck. Appreciate them and making good use of them. Next excavator needs to have a thumb, really helpful in positioning them!! When I get the barn project ready, we'll have plenty of concrete road surface and the need for some oversized transport trucks!!
Old 07-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Cool Glad you can use them..........Looks great........Don't let the Beaver near them......ever

P.S. I made 500 more matts....lol

( Time for a road trip south with Beam Hauler & The Bo-Dog )

Last edited by Bo Wallen; 07-02-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Well if I didn't have to worry about him having a lethal dose of lead under the porch I would have taken care of him a long time ago!! He has been digging tunnels around house and garage, just about stepped on him the other day when I was getting ready to water recently planted hemlocks! And he decided the fresh loose dirt along root ball was a good location for his living room!! I have no problem with shooting unwanted visitors but afraid I would not drop him and he would go under porch and die. Then haunt me with his decomposing remains,, stench. So after a couple rabbits and empty traps I finally got the little bas&&@&!!! every year I go through this!! And every year more find a place to live near house!! His three brothers and sisters played a game of chicken on road and lost!!
Thank you for not hurting the little guy You going to relocate him ?
Old 07-03-2017, 02:54 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I'm confused... is that a groundhog or a beaver?

I was undecided before I posted earlier, but I thought the shape of it's head, buck teeth & not much for claws, it was a beaver ...sitting on its azz, can't see its tail

Good story you wrote, New Employee", very creative & funny

Joe
Old 07-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I'm confused... is that a groundhog or a beaver?

I was undecided before I posted earlier, but I thought the shape of it's head, buck teeth & not much for claws, it was a beaver ...sitting on its azz, can't see its tail

Good story you wrote, New Employee", very creative & funny
Hey Joe this is funny very funny love it ...........i've got a groundhog he left after the bobcat harassed him.....I have no pets any more ...cryin lol