RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > R/C videos

R/C videos This is a place for you to post your R/C truck & construction videos.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default National Pike digging show vids

We has a blast again this year at the National Pike digging show in Brownsville PA. Steve and his son Mike brought his giant dragline and I brought most of my construction fleet. My cable Hoe got a lot of attention and many full scale operators ran it and enjoyed it. One guy Nick showed me how to run his 10B cable hoe and it was a blast, I ran it for about 45 minutes. It was a little easier to operate than a dragline. You just had to be sure to clutch the hoist right away when you let the bucket out so the bucket didn't drop when you were dumping. Steve made a nice dirt pile for us using a 1:1 skid steer. He made multiple levels to the site that worked well for the cable hoe loading trucks. The dirt had lots of rocks in it so Steve made a nice pile of cleaner dirt for me to dig in with my smaller equipment using his dragline. I made a haul road up one side of the site that was fun to run on.

As usual there were some unique full scale pieces of equipment at the show this year. There was an articulated tip/dump truck that both the dump bed and steering was electric powered and worked very well. I actually helped the guy unload it (helped guide it off the flatbed) I sat up on it and the dash was nothing but gauges and switches to steer it, very cool. He was towing it with a beautiful Autocar Rig (didn't have my camera with me at the time) that he showed all of the custom work that was done to the inside of it. A friend Sam that I met last year that likes to run my equipment and lets me run some of his full scale equipment had a "traxcavaor" it is a Cat loader with a bucket attachment on it and I helped him fix the bucket trip mechanism and he let me operate that for quite a while. Most of the equipment I mentioned is in the these videos so enjoy.

RC Models

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF2PF9d1Kss

Full scale equipment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRxBpOnc3pw

"No load is too Small"
Old 08-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Brownsville Digging Show pics and vids

Smallhaul Scott and I had a great showing of our models and were a huge crowd pleaser at this years National Pike Steam Horse and Gas show. I piled about 7ton of dirt under roof so we could work our machines "In the dirt" There were a few kids that were allowed to operate our models and they did a great job respecting them too! I made one kids weekend by letting him operate the 9W,I told him he was the forth person to ever operate my machine. He did very well keeping the cables tight. All in all we had only minor break downs and mine happened when we were loading my dragline onto my trailer and that was the same part that broke one year ago at the same time. I think I'll make a better coupling any way.
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_MaU9H5sI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx6XKLnpW18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9r8SMzdG34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLoUAUD7WuU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zz26583B68
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMa5ezxp02o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tYc5WhsSzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4FZzVHOslw

Plenty of pictures:

Old 08-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brownsville Digging Show pics and vids

Wow, you got a lot more pics and vids than I did Steve. Nice work

And you just had to post the vid of me snapping the lift cable on my overloaded Mack.

Mods, can you just combine our two threads?

"No load is too Small"
Old 08-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Green Horn

CrimsonCorsair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: National Pike digging show vids

The RC stuff was neat. The 1:1 stuff was amazing. There were some REALLY cool machines there - and the show area was HUGE! One question though. Was that Freddy that was being pulled around the show by that little lawn tractor?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Steve , Scott , I wish I could have been there again next year maybe once all the dust settles a little here . I'm finally getting some of my stuff together we may have a dozer in january ( I hope ) . I merged the treads and left a redirect .

Old 08-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Steve , Scott , I wish I could have been there again next year maybe once all the dust settles a little here . I'm finally getting some of my stuff together we may have a dozer in january ( I hope ) . I merged the treads and left a redirect .
Thanks for combining them Steve. Yes, you should try and make it next year it is an incredible show. We really need a dozer, it would probably be working all day to keep everything clean of rocks and smooth out the haul road.

"No load is too Small"
Old 08-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

you need bigger trucks too I think I'll leave the lil binder at home when that operating the drag I'm guessing you saw the cable dump ? that be real easy to make neat to watch it work . Looks like it steers with brakes .

Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
you need bigger trucks too I think I'll leave the lil binder at home when that operating the drag I'm guessing you saw the cable dump ? that be real easy to make neat to watch it work . Looks like it steers with brakes .
The guy that owned it said the cable dump has electric steering and electric driven cable for the dump. I didn't look close at the steering to see how the electric motor steering works though. There is so much to look at and do when I go there I can never see or absorb enough info. One guy that was interested in my little cable hoe pointed out all of the machines he owned (cable shovels & hoes) and told me "you can run any or all of them if you like" and actually only ran the cable hoe the 10B. Next year I'll focus on running the 1:1 equipment every morning when it is cool and just run the RC stuff in the heat of the day.

"No load is too Small"
Old 08-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Steve-looks like you needed a little dozer work on the bench before you started your walk You got it moving though. Looked a bit touchy trying to load the dump truck with the dragline. Nice size comparison too! I guess that's what it's like with the real machines trying to load a truck. Emptying that giant bucket without crushing the truck. Did the extra angle on the teeth help the bucket dig in. It looks like it was working good. Great videos and pictures!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

SmallHaul-great videos-I like the R/C stuff the best but I am impressed how well preserved the old machines are and how well they work!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Steve-looks like you needed a little dozer work on the bench before you started your walk You got it moving though. Looked a bit touchy trying to load the dump truck with the dragline. Nice size comparison too! I guess that's what it's like with the real machines trying to load a truck. Emptying that giant bucket without crushing the truck. Did the extra angle on the teeth help the bucket dig in. It looks like it was working good. Great videos and pictures!
I wanted some dozers there but they didn't show We just used a flat shovel and a tamper to level things out. By Sunday all the benches were in good shape.
We did get fined by MSHA for not having a berm on the haul road Just look at the video of Scott's Tonka dump almost going over the edge
Yes, the bucket worked excellent. That bend did the trick. I had no problem scratching up a full bucket load. I was even able to dig with the back of the bucket up slightly with tight hoist chains like it's supposed to do.

Last edited by 9W Monighan; 08-16-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Nice videos and pictures, Thanks for sharing!
To see all those machines gives a reason for trying to go there next year.
if you should choose one exibition to go to, this is the one.
See you next year.
(Wounder how much air freight is for a 500lbs D8??)
Dan
Old 08-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
Nice videos and pictures, Thanks for sharing!
To see all those machines gives a reason for trying to go there next year.
if you should choose one exibition to go to, this is the one.
See you next year.
(Wounder how much air freight is for a 500lbs D8??)
Dan
I think you should get some freight quotes. Fed Ex is right at the end of my parking lot. You could send it here to my loading dock that would not be a problem. If not the Brownsville show, I am planning on attending the combined HCEA & ACMOC show in Bowling Green Ohio next year.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Green Horn

Car5858 will become famous soon enoughCar5858 will become famous soon enough

Great videos guy's
Old 08-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Wannabe

Brel is on a distinguished road

great videos, nice to see how modellers in other parts of the world run their trucks and machinery

Last edited by Brel; 08-18-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W Monighan View Post
I think you should get some freight quotes. Fed Ex is right at the end of my parking lot. You could send it here to my loading dock that would not be a problem. If not the Brownsville show, I am planning on attending the combined HCEA & ACMOC show in Bowling Green Ohio next year.
A combined show, guess that has to be the show to go to. Have not been to Bowling green yet.
And that´s a year away, hmm, maybee the D8 could be running then.
Dan