RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 03-24-2016, 10:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Definately a different ground cover, but spring is on its way!!!
Old 03-25-2016, 05:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Hey Mario.
How was the Beer ? Snow gone ?

Just wondering How Custom is working between US/Canada. Is it a lot of paperwork and things like that when crossing the border with a ton of RC Trucks ?
How do you guys travel back and fort with you're gear ? I'm Prepping early for the Great Tour North West. Anyone that knows please jump in.
Happy Easter
Bo
Old 03-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Hi Bo I know for me going to the US I go to the airport to pre clear my trucks and trains . It involves bringing my stuff to the customs people so they can see what your bringing and they give me a sticker to hide on the vehicle somewhere and a card listing all my pieces and free to go . That's going to the US . Mike
Old 03-25-2016, 05:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Hi Bo I know for me going to the US I go to the airport to pre clear my trucks and trains . It involves bringing my stuff to the customs people so they can see what your bringing and they give me a sticker to hide on the vehicle somewhere and a card listing all my pieces and free to go . That's going to the US . Mike
Thanks Mike
How is the travel back from us ? How detailed do the listing need to be ?
Old 03-25-2016, 10:14 PM
Journeyman

They never bothered me since I got my papers in order . You can do it at the border too but I hate waiting just want to go . For the listing was type of tractor color and if possible company name ie Drummonds Const . Trailer type . Trains you don't care . I know I've been asked if I'm selling any they want to know but I tell them Sandy (my wife ) would kill me if I sold any I have to bring them all home ! Hey Mario didn't mean to use your thread . Mike
Old 03-25-2016, 10:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
They never bothered me since I got my papers in order . You can do it at the border too but I hate waiting just want to go . For the listing was type of tractor color and if possible company name ie Drummonds Const . Trailer type . Trains you don't care . I know I've been asked if I'm selling any they want to know but I tell them Sandy (my wife ) would kill me if I sold any I have to bring them all home ! Hey Mario didn't mean to use your thread . Mike
Thank You Mike. Mario Hope you are OK i asked this in you're tread ?
Just think it is important for us south of the border on
our way to you're Mega Event. Is it August soon ?
Bo
Old 03-26-2016, 07:20 AM
Journeyman

Can't wait but time goes fast enough
Old 03-26-2016, 09:32 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I just saw there is a "polar vortex" headed to Ontario. Better get more beer!
Old 03-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Amen to that.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

No problem asking and discussing customs questions guys. I would have answered yesterday but it was the only day the family could get together for Easter dinner. 14 of us in the house, we did something different this year, supper was Mexican style! Taco bowls, taco pies and all the fixings.

Anyway, as Mike mentioned, you need to contact US customs. Canada won't care what your bringing in, the issue is proving to your customs what your bringing back.
The last time we went to Indy ( prior to finding out I can't go anymore ) we brought our rigs to the customs office a few days before the trip and made a list of what we had. Customs wanted serial numbers on the radios written down and description and approximate value of items.
I would imagine the US customs has a website that will explain the rules for you guys which might be different than the Canadian rules?

Reg, keep that dirty word to yourself! Don't need that polar stuff anymore!
And yes, lots of beers consumed yesterday.... Need to get more. Lol
Old 03-26-2016, 02:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thank You Mario Makes me feel good you got you're priorities right. Happy Family Happy Life.
The menu seems delicious Jam jam.
I figure you guys had some experience of traveling over the border.
That's why i started asking now v/s later..........No fun fu***s and have to turn around or pay a crazy a$$ fee. The more you know ahead the more playtime you get in the end.
So now back to the Beer. And crack some EGGS. Happy Easter
Old 03-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

For our visit in August,, all the toys, radio gear ect,, all has been legally imported into us prior to final sale. All this stuff is personal property and not from a dealer/distributor. All items are not being imported as they are not for sale items or items purchased in foreign country upon returning to us. Am I wrong by thinking a simple declaration invoice of what said items are being transported for personal use are not subject to any concerns of sale or distribution. ? Any radio gear of question has fcc and associated compliance ID numbers printed on items. Personally I don't see a concern for personal non business visit with non commercial packaged not for sale RC toys. Again all our stuff was legally purchased inside us. Along with all fcc compliance information. I can see how Canadian border may tell us to wright down declaration slips to confirm origins of stuff upon returning into us. I've traveled to most of the Caribbean islands/Mexico (never with anything more than headphones or cell phone) and its more of a joke on the U.S. Customs side of things. Especially arriving at night, simple questions like how long you been gone, current address, and then a simple hand and stamp,,,, next,, but that's been air travel too. Mexico has always been shady, customs there steal stuff from you, candy bars, cigars, booze, and then just look at you like " yeah, what are you going to do about it?, have a nice trip home ,, next". But I want to do whatever we have to so I don't have a lengthy sit at a border and don't have to be leaving any of my stuff there. I did look into customs website but it was more for distribution or sale. Haven't found anything for personal use stuff. But might have to look into this radio stuff going on with the droan technology. Fcc and government are getting involved with having to register certain frequency devises or have liciens for them. I know some of the radios sold in U.S. Have frequencies or bandwidth (? Whatever it is) that you are supposed to have a radio license (ham) for. Again , I don't know so if someone does that will help us all out and make a easier crossing. Hopefully the mayor of Marios town doesn't call ahead and tell them no matter what let them back into the U.S., we don't want them anymore!!! .
Old 03-26-2016, 03:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...aft,-boats-and

Customs stuff that may be helpful
Old 03-26-2016, 03:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I did send customs an email regarding traveling with our toys. 3-5 weeks for a response. Nothing happens fast with government. But there is a phone number and submission reference number I have if anyone of you want it.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:46 PM
Journeyman

Hi Cooper I looked at that US customs thing you attached but that looks like you are importing stuff to the US . My problem was coming back home I had no problem going to the US when I came to cross back they wanted proof that I didn't buy it in the US and bringing it home even though it as all made be me . They don't know that you crossed loaded they think and the guy told me we have know idea what you crossed with only when you come back we check and my truck was full of boxes . Any way he was nice told me to get this card and sticker and never had a problem again they ask I tell I have cards and away I go . I am sure it goes both ways you guys coming home with all those toys ! Mike
Old 03-26-2016, 03:50 PM
Journeyman

Hi Mario good choice on supper ,we had Mexican too! Left overs tonite !
Old 03-26-2016, 07:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Talking Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Mario, Cooper,Mike Thank you Guys for the input. I'm going to investigate this more. I will report what i can find out.

Ooh !!! Hesus more Fu****EGGS
Old 03-26-2016, 08:36 PM
Journeyman

Bo bring the chocolate f-----g eggs in August I didn't get any my grandson got the all !
Old 03-26-2016, 09:53 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Hope none of you guys have felony convictions, like DUI or drug related charges... you won't get in if you do, no matter how many decades ago it was.

Where ever you cross into Canada, go to the American side 1st & show them what you're taking to Canada, have them take pictures too for their own file. When you come back, cross at the same border crossing & maybe the same personal will be on duty & recognise you.

Joe
Old 03-26-2016, 10:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

hard to forget a Winnebago full of grown men and toy trucks LOL!!