RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 01-14-2016, 10:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Hahahaha.

Are there Amish beavers?
Lol!!! It's been a while since I last actually saw one in the daylight, but yes Pennsylvania has beavers, and Amish too, but I don't know about Amish beavers. Maybe this weekend mark, you can ask some of our planers (Amish) if they breed any beavers or if they make too much of a mess with damming up the streams for more fruitful harvests. I don't think pa allows trapping them anymore. Or maybe you have to get a fur bearers liciens if you trap them. It's been a while since I've been on any hunting trips
Old 01-19-2016, 05:29 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Cooper , when you got the banebot gearbox , did you get it with the steel ring gear or the aluminum 1 ? I saw they come standard with the aluminum . To get the steel you have to order special .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

After two attempts, the third wheel was correct. The two on left are scrap bin parts, the two on right are final wheels.

I didn't install the races yet as they are a press fit and still haven't finalized the shocks or steering knuckles. Dust seal will be in inner axle side and a hub cap will cover the outward side.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Question for you guys, I'm working on front suspension,,, how I want to set it up is similar to 1:1. If I use hard brass for the suspension cylinder shaft and have bronze bushings as the cylinder, will those two wear pretty well? I need the up and down of the suspension as well as the turning for steering on same vertical shaft. Shaft is 7/8 diameter and all but about 1/2" will be in touch with bushings. 1/2" in middle for travel. Bushings are 3/4"-7/8?? Tall, so most of the shaft will be securely held. I had thought of using orings as seals and guides but after thing about it I think the orings would be shot very quickly as she is a heavyweight. I even thought about having a grease fitting on top, would be hidden by top of cylinder so that is also a way to keep things lubed and moving. Sounds like overkill but this area is going to take a pounding. (And I tend to over engineer/complicate things )
Old 01-21-2016, 10:03 AM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I'd use stainless shaft and press oillite bushings into the cylinder .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:08 AM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Wow, this thing is going to be a beast indeed Cooper. Need another vid of the 11 pushing, its been a while.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
Wow, this thing is going to be a beast indeed Cooper. Need another vid of the 11 pushing, its been a while.

It's an old one but some good pushing. Ground is frozen right now, but may be able to push some snow this weekend .

http://youtu.be/S_BeiNuCuZY
Old 01-22-2016, 07:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks for the radio info jammer,,

Hey guys, I know a few of you have sent me pics of the 785d or b machines, I believe my wife tossed my photo album (long story short) ,,,, but do any of you have frame pics, particularly of front suspension towers? Working on them next and the steering. Thanks, I'll make hard copies this time!!!
Old 01-22-2016, 07:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

how come your wife tosses all your stuff in the trash??
Old 01-22-2016, 08:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Ohhhhh,,, where to begin,,,, lol!!! We both have iPhones, when she got hers a year or so after I did, she didn't want to get her own Apple ID and I didn't know what she was doing. She used my ID to set up her phone. Now it is like I have two phones, everything syncs with everything. No big deal but she deletes things "she" doesn't think are important. (So do I, but with ramifications!! ) like my pics of my truck I'm trying to build!!! And now she has a lot of music, apps paid for and would have to start over. One of these days just before I head out to one of the truck n construction events I will change my ID. That way I have all the important things with me like dozer, excavator, trucks, ect. And will have plenty of distance. ,,,,,,,, for her to spend time setting up her new Apple ID all for herself!!!

Oh the tangled web we weave,,,,, all for love. Yeah, not!!! Lol!!!
Old 01-22-2016, 08:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oh and one thing to add, when she contacts me by phone, everything will be fine because she will not be able to call me till she gets her own ID and phone set up!!! At least that's how I envision it

Now after a couple days and no contact,,, I may not go back home
Old 01-23-2016, 10:16 AM

ouch whats all this wife trouble I hear of ( just to make y'all jealous . Mine buys me the toys I want when she can afford it 2 more years till I can request the next 1 )

Old 01-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

That's why I'm building and not buying! Lol!! Wife would rather me build, keeps me occupied in garage when I'm home!!! Steve I did get some stainless, 416, and the correct steel is easy to use!! The one pic has the mock up in brass but I have remade in stainless.

Last pic is the bolts holding the suspension towers. Everything will be milled down once proven to work. And the part holding towers is one piece from bottom cross member through frame rails. All integrates together for strength and rigidity, (I think )
Old 01-24-2016, 08:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

I know you said it's a mock up pic. The way you have the bearings is the opposite of how the real machines are. Bearing tapers should face inward.The cups are in wheel hub opposing each other.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

This thing is gonna be 200 pounds with a load of dirt. You better start building brake drums...

Carry on...
Old 01-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Good spy Mario, I just double checked and I do have them mounted correct, just not in the pic. I left some wiggle room on being able to tighten them down with shims or use thread lock on bolt holding them in. It's a m8 bolt holding them on. And a hub cap , so to speak, will be hiding them, and keeping grease in along with seal on inner side.

I also just double checked the steering, 36 degree angle and a 1:14 scale turning radius of 93". She is big!!!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Have the other side to cut and then the fun part of making the steering linkages and cylinders!!!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
This thing is gonna be 200 pounds with a load of dirt. You better start building brake drums...

Carry on...
Yeah!! That's what I'm afraid of!! Hopefully I can mill off a lot of material when she is built!!!
Old 01-25-2016, 10:04 AM

Looks good Coop . I assume your putting a spring in the top with a cap along with some type of keeper .

I think a dewalt V24 will werk great for that kinda weight

Old 01-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Looks good Coop . I assume your putting a spring in the top with a cap along with some type of keeper .

I think a dewalt V24 will werk great for that kinda weight
Yes Steve, hopefully tonight I can figure out the spring and cap. I'm using a external snap ring for downward retention. And spring for suspension. I'm thinking of having the spring inside shaft so cap will not be so tall. Have to look at some more pics of 1:1.