RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > R/C videos

R/C videos This is a place for you to post your R/C truck & construction videos.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road
Default Fumotec Tough

I just can't believe how strong these machines are. They do plenty of heavy duty work.
The excavator is one of the older Vario / Fumotec. The reason I add Fumotec to that is because Frank from Fumotec originally worked on the design for their excavators. There isn't much talk about vario anymore, unless you are talking about their Helicopters. So that excavator to me is a Fumotec......... They still sell their excavators, do you know anyone that has bought one lately?...
I bought the B50 dump truck and built it about 5 years ago or so. After seeing LilGiants with his excavator in his basement, I had to have one like it. I wanted one that could actually dig. So I bought one. Then later on I came across this one that I have since overhauled, which is now the one in this video. Sorry that I do not have a build thread with pics. I am more of a "make a video" person. So maybe that is what I will do next time with a mod.
Anyway, this excavator is a huge machine. So it is hard to tell exactly how big and heavy these boulders really are.
As for the B50, that sucker will hold 200 LBs in the bed. As long as I don't make a sharp turn on a slope so the tires don't twist off, it will be just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cta4...Y&spfreload=10
Old 02-16-2017, 06:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Fumotec Tough

You waren't kidding you work your models hard!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 PM
Green Horn

Default Re: Fumotec Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
You weren't kidding you work your models hard!
Yes these are some work horses... Some of my other machines get a little work here and there. Then I have some that just sit around and don't get any work, even though they are full capable....

I had to go somewhat slow when lifting the larger boulders for this video.. Loading the smaller ones are way easier...
Old 02-16-2017, 10:42 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

JDH429 from Ohio got one 3yrs ago & turned his into Cat 385

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=8733

Talking with Frank, he estimated that there's about 50 of them worldwide, and a couple more sold in the last yr. Price (before options) about 5000euro

Joe
Old 02-16-2017, 11:23 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
JDH429 from Ohio got one 3yrs ago & turned his into Cat 385

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=8733

Talking with Frank, he estimated that there's about 50 of them worldwide, and a couple more sold in the last yr. Price (before options) about 5000euro
JDH429 went nuts on that one. I didn't see that thread back then.... Looking at his finished pics, I would have never known where or how the machine originated. Only the tracks could tip someone off. The rigid hydro lines on the boom are nice, but the work that he did not the cover, that was sweet!! He is a craftsman... As for mine, I spent the least amount of time on the cab and cover. I spent more time just on the thumb and with the electronics. I was ok with mixing, but after mixing that machine, I felt like I was an expert.

So,,, there are only about 50 of those world wide??? Thats it???... Well then I am a pround owner. I have a few extra hydro pump belts on hand along with a bunch of hydro lines and fittings if I ever need them for any breakdowns. But I haven't needed them so far. I haven't used mine anywhere near what you have though.
Frank had a design for a thumb but never produced one. I asked if he would make one for me so he did. It is cool to have options with an excavator to be able to pick stuff up..
Old 02-17-2017, 05:40 AM

Colin11123 is on a distinguished road

I've got a Fumotec B45D on order due for delivery end of March can't wait to into the build
Old 02-17-2017, 01:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc13 View Post
He is a craftsman...
JDH429 a millwright by trade, and living in big city of Cincinnati, quick access down the street from his shop for waterjet.

Quote:
So,,, there are only about 50 of those world wide??? Thats it???...
The size & weight is off putting to many ppl, and few ppl would ever have the means to use it to it's full power potential anyway.

Joe
Old 02-17-2017, 01:30 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin11123 View Post
I've got a Fumotec B45D on order due for delivery end of March can't wait to into the build
It's a great durable model with a simplistic drivetrain that lasts forever... I guesstimate mine has hauled 50 cubic yard by now, I think it's 2yo this Spring. I had one issue with one drive motor, whether it was builder error or faulty motor, not sure.

Joe
Old 02-17-2017, 09:01 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Hi, that is awesome. But I didn't think Fumotec had a B45. I thought they only had a B50 and a B40. Premacon sells a B35.

Anyway, if you are getting fumotec, you will be set. What country are you in?
Old 02-17-2017, 09:11 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
JDH429 a millwright by trade, and living in big city of Cincinnati, quick access down the street from his shop for waterjet.

The size & weight is off putting to many ppl, and few ppl would ever have the means to use it to it's full power potential anyway.
Yeah, I can see that some people would not want to have a bigger machine like that. But for me,,, I also wanted to dig in undisturbed ground and not just a loose pile of soil. Moving it around (inside and outside) is definitely a chore.
I do have a 4200 excavator that was much easier to move around. I used it 2 times and tore the side of the bucket. I removed the existing hydraulics, then I ordered hydraulics from Frank at fumotec to replace the existing set up, but never got around too it. I was even going to paint the whole thing.. It is still on the project list. That 4200 could dig too, I just could not continue to use it with the loud sounding hydraulics. I know I am crazy... Replacing the 4200 with same hydraulics as my other excavators.... Maybe I will just re-install the old back in... Hmm....
Old 02-18-2017, 07:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Yeah the key is to slow down the pump. When the pump is running full on it can be pretty annoyingly loud. Checkout Mario's video he made to show the difference
https://youtu.be/3IciGMo5GyM
Old 02-18-2017, 10:50 AM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Yeah the key is to slow down the pump. When the pump is running full on it can be pretty annoyingly loud. Checkout Mario's video he made to show the difference
https://youtu.be/3IciGMo5GyM
Hi, thanks for the suggestion. That seems way better. I was having an issue with that 4th flow control valve as well, which caused some overheating of the speed control, when I did use that 4200 those 2 times. If I do install the original hydraulics then I will definitely get into figuring out how to re-adjust it like Mario.
Thanks
Old 02-18-2017, 07:41 PM

Colin11123 is on a distinguished road

Hi RC13
The B45D hasn't been officially launched yet I think it's pretty much the B50 chassis with new cab etc and brushless gearmotors.

I live in the far north of Scotland so am a bit of a loan Wolf when it comes to Rc plant at the moment, but I hope to entice a few friends this year. So far have a magom excavator, the dumper on order and looking to have a Fumotec dozer by the end of the year, work and wife permitting
Old 02-18-2017, 07:50 PM
BANNED

The 2013 adt I have from Fumotec/Vario is essentially a B45, it´s a more scale version of the B50, size and axles are the same but cabin and engine hood are more detailed and easier to build

Some ppl have mentioned the 4200 runs smoother, cooler, quieter on 2s lipo

Joe
Old 02-18-2017, 10:22 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Hi RC13
The B45D hasn't been officially launched yet I think it's pretty much the B50 chassis with new cab etc and brushless gearmotors.

I live in the far north of Scotland so am a bit of a loan Wolf when it comes to Rc plant at the moment, but I hope to entice a few friends this year. So far have a magom excavator, the dumper on order and looking to have a Fumotec dozer by the end of the year, work and wife permitting
The Brushless drivemotors sound nice. Efficient. That is a nice upgrade to keep up with everything else now. The drivemotors in my B50 are essentially motors from an electric hand drill. They are very powerful (as you can see in the video), and durable.

Yes, if you keep with Fumotec, you will be satisfied. I love the dozer.... For some reason when I got into the hobby, I was not into dozers, but they grew on me. They are so cool.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:39 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
The 2013 adt I have from Fumotec/Vario is essentially a B45, it´s a more scale version of the B50, size and axles are the same but cabin and engine hood are more detailed and easier to build

Some ppl have mentioned the 4200 runs smoother, cooler, quieter on 2s lipo

LOL. I remember seeing that ADT in one of your videos a while back. It had the cab on it but the cab was just the white piece without windows.

4200 on 2S... No kidding... I would have never thought to do that. Unless the pump motor speed control could handle a range of voltage, then I am sure the speed control was switched out. But that giant speed control that is in those probably could handle a wide range. Anyway, I would assume the pump motor would run a lot slower, therefore, not enough power.... But if someone else is doing that with no problems, then I may try that too. That is a project for down the road. I am making some notes in a notebook to remember. I have a dozer sitting on my work bench that keeps eyeing me everyday that Is my current project that I am not working on... Soon..
Thanks!