RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:13 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: mog's trucks

Nice group of trucks there Martin, knowing you they will turn out sweet. Hey is that a hydraulic motor on the winch on your jen-pole rig or is that just a mock up?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:48 PM

mog is on a distinguished road

thanks joe if it truns out half is good as your cat i will be doing good. no that not a hydraulic motor just a cheap 3 racing winch that i made look like one and well it need a way bigger drum to look right plus i need more line so that's what i came up with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:55 PM

thanks paul i know that the 5 rig is going to be huge might have to do a dule motor setup just to get it to move.

FGD thanks just trying to keep up with some of the really nice things that you make.

justinside that is a bruder converyer that is now powerd you can see it working on my youtube. but i got to upgrad the top roler bb to make it run a little smother.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Wow Martin, nice detail!

That will be a sweet Rig when finished.

"No load is too Small"
Old 11-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Wannabe

bigpipespete is on a distinguished road

is that a bruder mack ?
Old 11-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

yup it is. well whats left of one :P
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 11-12-2010, 12:29 AM

bucshott is on a distinguished road

looking sharp mog. like the detail you have added. front fenders, cab gaurd, and A frame all look good.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:23 PM

well got a little work done on both trucks. was trying to fab up a frount bumber like this but i think i missed the mark anyone got a good idea to make the 90 bends on the pipe i try using soft copper and bending it with a brake line bender but it deform's and needs to be a smaller 90.

got stared on the boom for the picker truck it going to be way heavy too heavy i think might have to rethink the boom. but this is what i got so faw. the boom is made from .062 steel. i would like to stay away from AL likes to gull really eazy and the heat that it takes to weld would have it worp for shere. did manige to get the plow truck out for a little work too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLtvJQpPvcE
some lights for night plowing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZxZJCPXNjQ

Old 12-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

What you could try, Home Depot has a tubing bending set. these look like tightly wound springs that are flared out on one end. I found them in the tubing are in the plumbing section. I think they go from 1/4" tubing up. Anyway you slide the tube in the spring and then bend it and the spring will not allow the tube to distort. Then the hard part is getting the tube out, you just have to twist the spring off the tube.

I would try these you should be able to get the radius you want. Also try the soft copper tubing they have I think the biggest they come in is 3/8" but the stuff is soft and pliable, it comes in rolls. It's is the stuff that you would use for like the Ice maker on a fridge or to run water to the swamp cooler (if your from a part of the country where they have swamp coolers

-Mike

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 12-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

does it have to metal Mog? could go with plastic with some heat?
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 12-06-2010, 01:25 PM

why have plastic when you can work with steel lol need more front end weight so i can use the winch and not life the front up too high.
dreamweaver i will have to try the spring benders out. i know what your tocking about and i am using soft copper maybe that the problem it might be too soft.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

I like the way your truck is coming together, tough lookin machine..

greg
Old 12-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Green Horn

Vanisle is on a distinguished road

A twin steer picker. Awesome! Could you use brass for the boom? You could then bend and solder the boom pieces.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:23 PM

alphaeditor is on a distinguished road

If no one mentioned it (I am skimming threads while my computer renders) Try filling the tubes with very fine sand when you bend them. They will deform/crush a little less on you. Got to go slower as you are actually trying to stretch the outside and compress/squish the inside of the radius. Add just a bit of heat too. Helps soften things up for the stretching and compressing. NICE Build! I'm Watching/Lurking