RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:35 PM

dirthalr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

You guys have a nice looking fleet. Can't wait to see the S&M Trucking logo on them!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztruck View Post
There is only one thing better than a new truck! Your next one.

Chris
Yup, your right Chris. I have a ford aeromax cab and a king hauler cab. I'd like to make a dump truck out of one of them. Not sure when that's going to happen. I have 4 trailers to wire, sound and fan for the loader, and the crane to upgrade oh, and a loading dock to build for the backyard.

Mario
Old 05-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Yup, your right Chris. I have a ford aeromax cab and a king hauler cab. I'd like to make a dump truck out of one of them. Not sure when that's going to happen. I have 4 trailers to wire, sound and fan for the loader, and the crane to upgrade oh, and a loading dock to build for the backyard.

Mario
That's all?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirthalr View Post
You guys have a nice looking fleet. Can't wait to see the S&M Trucking logo on them!
Your right Jimmy, All that's left are the logos...... We are beginning to think Nathan made a great suggestion and just put a logo on the tanks and not the door. The all black body looks too nice to break up with a door logo?
I finally have my list of logos for everything else made , just have to decide on Sue's truck.

Mario
Old 05-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
That's all?
Lol. ....time management Reg. remember, happy wife, happy life
Old 05-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haha. I don't have that problem cause I'm not married. In a couple months though I'll be in trouble.haha As long as I provide foot rubs on a regular basis I'm not in the dog house.lol We'll have to wait and see if things change after the I do's....

Last edited by RCP57; 05-06-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Backyard enginier

Izzy will become famous soon enoughIzzy will become famous soon enough

Well done Mario and sue - cant wait to see the dump....
Old 05-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I am so sick of polishing ! what I first thought was fun and relaxing has become a very challenging hurdle and frustrating to say the least

Anyway, one trailer side panel is done and gets the green light for assembly. Everything went well yesterday and it looks great.... the other panel I worked on today seemed to get worse the more I touched it

So, enough polish work for now. I needed something I enjoy doing so I switched gears and wired up and assembled the panel that's ready.....here it is so far.....

After installing the inner panel I mounted to the base plate and did a light check. All works great

Thanks for looking. Any comments and suggestions always appreciated

Mario
Old 05-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I suggest you keep doing what you're doing cause it looks "F"ing awesome! If you can make Aluminum that reflective you're doing something right! Wanna polish the billet wheels off my S-10?
Old 05-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Mario , I don't blame you I've done 100's of wheels I've decided to try out a pro polishin place nearby . they do 1:1 wheels , I showed them the lil 1's and literally

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

hey mario i put my name D&B BRIGHT on my tanks also..sometimes the paint looks too good to cover it with a logo .by the way that polishing job looks great..hey can i bring big zeus to the soo
Old 05-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Journeyman

plow jockey is on a distinguished road

Awesome job on the polishing!! The lights look great.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Mario, I know you weren't happy with the results of your polishing, but all I can say is dang, that's almost chrome like! I wouldn't complain!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Green Horn

petermoblin is on a distinguished road

Looks amazing! The only thing I would change is make the last side marker light red. Just my 2 cents!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I suggest you keep doing what you're doing cause it looks "F"ing awesome! If you can make Aluminum that reflective you're doing something right! Wanna polish the billet wheels off my S-10?
Thanks Reg. I knew we could do it, just didn't realize how hard and how much work it took
Billet wheels??... Bring em on! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Mario , I don't blame you I've done 100's of wheels I've decided to try out a pro polishin place nearby . they do 1:1 wheels , I showed them the lil 1's and literally
I have a whole new respect for guys who do this stuff on a regular basis. Now I know why everyone isn't doing it for themselves

So does the polishing place have any tools small enough to work on your wheels? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
hey mario i put my name D&B BRIGHT on my tanks also..sometimes the paint looks too good to cover it with a logo .by the way that polishing job looks great..hey can i bring big zeus to the soo
Thanks Dwayne. I agree, Logo on the tanks. This was my first and probably last polishing project for a good long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by plow jockey View Post
Awesome job on the polishing!! The lights look great.
Thanks Fred. I think there's just enough lights and happy with the spacing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Mario, I know you weren't happy with the results of your polishing, but all I can say is dang, that's almost chrome like! I wouldn't complain!
Thanks Nathan. It's easy to make aluminum look shiny.... It's a whole other ball game to make it look like chrome. Another lesson in patience and yes, I'm very happy with the results
Also happy the polishing is almost done! Just have the tailgate to do and that's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermoblin View Post
Looks amazing! The only thing I would change is make the last side marker light red. Just my 2 cents!
Thanks. I like the red marker idea but Its too late. I been busy today, got the other panel done,assembled and the box is all back together. Now I read your idea and thought..... No way I'm taking that all apart again I haven't scratched it yet and I don't want to push my luck.
Thanks though, I may use that idea on my Reefer

Mario
Old 05-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

"So does the polishing place have any tools small enough to work on your wheels? lol"

we'll see this week I know they do a superb job on the 1:1 stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

Your patience may have worn thin and I might've heard a few swear words but your hard work has paid off. It looks awesome. Thanks for allowing me time to get other things done while you worked on my trailer.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road

S&M trucking has been busy ,great work !!

Old 05-23-2013, 12:51 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Hey Mario and Sue ..Just read through your thread..awsome you guys are doing a great job and like your Fleet ..Wish you guys were closer though ...Anyway what kind of plans do you have in store for your back doors of the trailer Mario ..I was at the local metal recycle last week and picked up a small sheet of of diamond plate aluminum 30 x 20 im guessing ..The diamonds are about 1/8 x 1/4 .Looks to be very scale for back doors ..Was a little dirty but i got out my special polish and in about 5 minutes i had a nice section done ..If your intrested i could send you pics..Oh BTW Auto Glym ..check it out ..Good polish ..Keep up the good work
Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Hey Mario and Sue ..Just read through your thread..awsome you guys are doing a great job and like your Fleet ..Wish you guys were closer though ...Anyway what kind of plans do you have in store for your back doors of the trailer Mario ..I was at the local metal recycle last week and picked up a small sheet of of diamond plate aluminum 30 x 20 im guessing ..The diamonds are about 1/8 x 1/4 .Looks to be very scale for back doors ..Was a little dirty but i got out my special polish and in about 5 minutes i had a nice section done ..If your intrested i could send you pics..Oh BTW Auto Glym ..check it out ..Good polish ..Keep up the good work
Thanks Lou....I wish we were closer too! I hear it all the time from my brother who lives in Cranbrook Not sure what you mean about back doors? The dump trailer came with a perfect rear tailgate built by Izzy but I like the idea for my reefer trailer for sure! it currently has the stock Tamiya trailer doors and a diamond plate would look perfect! thanks!
I will definitely check out auto Glym

So the trailer is coming together real nice. Box is assembled, I stripped the frame , painted the rails and re assembled this weekend. Just starting the testing of all the wiring and so far everything is working perfectly on the first try! Lights! Check, Box up and down! Check!

And then, as I sat looking at the trailer I had an idea??? I like the open wheel look of the tri axle and was happy with it when I suddenly remembered I have a bunch of fenders compliments of a forum member I got months ago and because of Sue's truck having the same style fenders I thought this might look good?

I think I will hook up the truck and trailer tomorrow for a better look but I'm really liking the fender idea. I would mount the fenders to the axles just like her truck and keep them low and tight to the tires.

Please let me know what you think

Mario