RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Mike, I think you should say in it for the long haul. If you don't finish it yourself I think further down the road you'll regret selling it or having someone else finish it. Stay true to yourself and it'll be a statement from you only, when finished!!!
Cheers Rob
Old 11-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

I understand the stress and trials of life eating up your time and patience, but you can't sell her. Worst case senerio have someone finish her for you, but don't sell all that time spent working on it, it's a labor of love.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:35 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Thanks Guys for the input. If I have someone finish it I know the Guys I have in mind would finish her to my standards and how I want it done. I have no doubt of that. They are Guys that I truly respect for their level of detail and ability.

I don't want to get rid of her, but I also don't want her just sitting and falling apart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 11-05-2014, 12:11 PM

tamkyo is on a distinguished road

My 6th sense tells me............... You should keep it!
Old 06-11-2015, 12:46 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

My latest adventure. After my failed attempt last year at owning a truck that I had for 4 months during which it was in the shop for 28 days total. All but 4 of those days were caused by the emissions crap. I gave the thing back since it only had 25k left on the warranty. I'm real glad I did because the guy that got it after me is just about ready to file bankruptcy because it's a piece of junk. 2014 Kenworth "Should" be a good truck...

Well in January I got into another truck. it's a 2010 Freightliner Cascadia. So far it's been a good truck.

Since the 5th of January when I got it, I've been able to pay off 40% of it so far.

Be nice when it's paid off in about 7 more months. Then my goal is to buy some land and build a cabin. Then drive when I want to instead of need to.

Maybe then I can finish this project.

In case your wondering the big white thing on the front is what I'm hauling now. It is a Engine cowling (The front part of the engine) for a Boeing 777.

The grey things are empty pallets all this is going back from Boeing in Everett, WA to Spirit in Wichita, KS

The Cowling is $2.8 million dollars and this one is a reject..

Normal load of these is two of them. So $5.6 million a load.

Right now at this time I have two of them going to Everett.

These are 14' wide. Some of you might remember when I first started on this forum I worked for a place called Smokey Point Distributing and I was hauling these for them. Well still hauling them for SPD but know I'm doing it in my own truck and making a boat load more money in the process.

In the window there you can see my little Snorkie Depression medication. Her name is Bella. I got her in April of last year right after I got the KW. As of March 14 of this year she has been in all 48 states, and all 9 of the lower Canadian provinces. She even took a 8 hour ferry ride on the way over to St. John's Newfoundland, and of course 8 hours back. So as you can see I've been busy. This year I've been home for 7 days total.

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 06-11-2015, 01:37 AM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

Wow Mike, good to see you back! Boeing, my neck o' the woods! Glad to see you are on the up, good luck with your plans and cant wait to see you get back into the hobby.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:39 PM

Blackkawi is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I was hoping I might be able to find out where you got your mirror brackets from?
Also the motor mounts you've made look great!!! Any chance you make those for other folks?
Old 01-10-2016, 10:41 PM

Blackkawi is on a distinguished road

Almost forgot about the front shocks you scratch built as well. I would be interested in those to. Thank you
Old 01-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkawi View Post
Hello,
I was hoping I might be able to find out where you got your mirror brackets from?I made them with brass round stock, and soldered them.
Also the motor mounts you've made look great!!! Any chance you make those for other folks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkawi View Post
Almost forgot about the front shocks you scratch built as well. I would be interested in those to. Thank you
I can not make anything at this time as all my stuff has been in storage for three plus years now and there is no plans for it to come out in the near future. Sorry

Old 05-20-2017, 07:21 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Hello Guys...

Well I'm lurking again. Still not anything new on the truck every things still in a storage shed rotting away.

No place to work on anything, no time to work on anything.

To busy trying to make a living.

Bought me a new to me ride in Sept. of 2015 (it's a 2008, 600 ISX turned up a bit, 18 sp, 280" wb) and been trying to pay for it and fix it, and add to it ever since.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Awesome brother, hope all is well and your doing good out there trucking for yourself. Nice ride BTW... stay safe out there.