RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 03-29-2015, 02:38 AM

justin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

I'm so jealous off all the toys u hav reg. think mite hav to come over for holidays lol
Old 03-29-2015, 08:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Let me know when you are coming Justin! You're welcome anytime!
Old 03-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

That dump sounds good Reg, I couldn't quite hear if you said your going to recondition it, I see why your not loading it heavy, since the bed went into a short free fall coming down.
Looking forward to your videos on building the roads in your new piles.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Thx for the video Reg
Don't get any funny ideas and add a receiver to the full size Euclid .....
Nice looking model work area

greg
Old 03-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
That dump sounds good Reg, I couldn't quite hear if you said your going to recondition it, I see why your not loading it heavy, since the bed went into a short free fall coming down.
Looking forward to your videos on building the roads in your new piles.
It would be nice to fix it up eventually. Pretty tough to find any parts here now though. Most of these trucks around here were cut up a long time ago. The bed powers down so the third stage of the cylinder pulls and then once it passes the balance point it free falls to the second stage(my model is built to simulate this). It was really scary the first couple of times we used the truck years ago. You get used to it but kinda always wonder if it's going to come crashing down.lol I think the pump is the main reason it won't lift a heaped box. We have another one but haven't tried swapping it(only had the truck since the mid 80's). It will dump a fair bit more than what I was carrying in the video but I was scared of getting the truck stuck where I was dumping the dirt. The truck will get stuck on wet grass empty and it disappears out of sight when loaded. Go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
Thx for the video Reg
Don't get any funny ideas and add a receiver to the full size Euclid .....
Nice looking model work area

greg
No plans for that Greg but if I have my way there will be a mid-sized version of the old truck built one day and it will be RC. Next time you're flying over land in the field and come for a visit! Maybe someday you up-island boys can come down for a weekend. I need some help!
Old 03-31-2015, 10:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Been plugging away at my new play area after work the last couple days and I finally got it to the point where I could try out the road. I used the KW to pack it down since it takes up the whole road and weighs nearly 50lbs.

Ghost driver?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k5x...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
I need to install a stronger steering servo in the truck. It just doesn't have to power needed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m2S...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
I like this view.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PQx...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbBw...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
Once it was packed down well the Hayes was able to make it's way back and forth nice and easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPFK...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNBC...tJ-DusnO8Onw7A

A few shots from before I started driving on it. I cut some small trees and jammed them in the ground to make it look a little more natural. I will add some more details later and my plan is to extend the road out into the bigger trees and create a network of stuff using the fine sifted stuff.

Thanks for looking!
Old 03-31-2015, 11:42 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Hey Reg. There is a new machine, it's called a GRADER ! ! I think your roads could use some help. You have potholes the size of golf greens. Lol

Greg
Old 03-31-2015, 11:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes but only guys that live up island have graders... Until they come to visit I will have to keep using my rake.lol One trip over it with the Hayes in that condition was enough. I made it nice and smooth before the videos but by the time the KW had it packed down there were some craters again...
Old 04-01-2015, 07:15 AM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Looks great when and if the snow ever leaves the ottawa region I need to get my roads built and the rr back into shape ! Mike
Old 04-06-2015, 12:36 AM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

Looks like nothing but a great time! How many acres is your playground?
Old 04-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks guys. I've done some work here over the weekend and added a boulder, some more dirt and a bridge! Trying to make it friendly for the big girls(1/10 scale) requires a lot of space so I enlisted my Dad again and we hauled three more loads of gravel in yesterday. I actually have enough road now to make it interesting while moving dirt to add on. My plan is to build a road through the trees in a big loop...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JpsgaUU0sY

Once the work was finished with the big machines I got a couple of toys out to move some material on the haul rd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKRvF-ABU8Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AgZRL6CPDU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fY_kd4BgK8
This video isn't up yet but I really am having fun with this little Mack conversion. It gets around well and seems to have good power and speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzzKgWOSxDA
Old 04-06-2015, 10:38 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: RCP Compound

This is Awesome Reg. R U Planning for the Vancouver Island RC Truck & Construction World Convention Event ?!
Old 04-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road

Drooling....Man your have a sweet area to work in Reg. Love the videos as always. Maybe i missed it but did you ever get your conveyor belt problem worked out?
Old 04-06-2015, 02:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Wallen View Post
This is Awesome Reg. R U Planning for the Vancouver Island RC Truck & Construction World Convention Event ?!
You never know! I wish someone would come and play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
Drooling....Man your have a sweet area to work in Reg. Love the videos as always. Maybe i missed it but did you ever get your conveyor belt problem worked out?
It's coming along. Kind of nice to have an area to play in finally that's right next to the shop. The 1/10 scale stuff is a PITA to move any distance. I haven't touched the conveyor other than the times I've walked by it and hit my leg on it in the shop.lol It seemed to be working OK the last time I used it but it could still use some tweaking. I think the biggest thing it needs is a brush to keep dirt out of the lower roller.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:30 PM

Nameless808 is on a distinguished road

Looks awesome Reg! I'm sure we'll see it grow, and grow and grow ... LOL
Old 04-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

I was loaded and heading out to the RCP compound (was a work release) but I forgot your 2500 miles away!!!!! Lol!!! And didn't have my fuel card!! One of these days I may see the father-i -law out your way. But I don't know if the airlines would allow me a d11 as a carry-on. . Your setup looks like a lot of fun reg! I just this last week have had the opportunity to start some spring cleanup here. Definitely jealous of your spot!! Hope it rains for a month!! Lol!! Naa it's looking good and keep doing what your doing.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Bo Wallen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
You never know! I wish someone would come and play.

It's coming along. Kind of nice to have an area to play in finally that's right next to the shop. The 1/10 scale stuff is a PITA to move any distance. I haven't touched the conveyor other than the times I've walked by it and hit my leg on it in the shop.lol It seemed to be working OK the last time I used it but it could still use some tweaking. I think the biggest thing it needs is a brush to keep dirt out of the lower roller.
I want to play at RCP Compound.........4950 km or 3100 miles and 46 hours only.........beam me up please.....
Old 04-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

The compound is coming along great Reg. I love the bridge, Reminds me of the typical logging road bridges I see in the bush made out of rail ties.

There's no written rules for our play zones but I suggest no more cheating with the big toys ok.

I know how you like to jump into something and go all out till its done. Can't do that with the compound, this is your test in slow and steady because there is no race. Gotta make it last ......atleast that's what I keep telling myself.

Keep the pics and vids coming.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless808 View Post
Looks awesome Reg! I'm sure we'll see it grow, and grow and grow ... LOL
Thanks! I hope so! I just want to get the roads in so I can drive around.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
I was loaded and heading out to the RCP compound (was a work release) but I forgot your 2500 miles away!!!!! Lol!!! And didn't have my fuel card!! One of these days I may see the father-i -law out your way. But I don't know if the airlines would allow me a d11 as a carry-on. . Your setup looks like a lot of fun reg! I just this last week have had the opportunity to start some spring cleanup here. Definitely jealous of your spot!! Hope it rains for a month!! Lol!! Naa it's looking good and keep doing what your doing.
Haha, we've had plenty of rain lately. It looks like we are headed back to sunshine this week though so that's good. Gotta get the roads in before it dries too much or they won't pack. If you find that gas card, I will be off work for the rest of the month... Just sayin Of course I will be working in the shop some of the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Wallen View Post
I want to play at RCP Compound.........4950 km or 3100 miles and 46 hours only.........beam me up please.....
No doubt! I wish I could beam you guys here. I'm getting bored without company and it takes forever one truck load at a time. I need a fleet operating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
The compound is coming along great Reg. I love the bridge, Reminds me of the typical logging road bridges I see in the bush made out of rail ties.

There's no written rules for our play zones but I suggest no more cheating with the big toys ok.

I know how you like to jump into something and go all out till its done. Can't do that with the compound, this is your test in slow and steady because there is no race. Gotta make it last ......atleast that's what I keep telling myself.

Keep the pics and vids coming.
Thanks Mario. Yeah I can get carried away with things. I guess you could say that I don't like to F around. If I decide I am going to do something I usually give it 100%. I have most of the main stuff done now with the bigger machinery. I think from here on out it will be mostly RC although I would like to move in a couple more boulders. I don't plan to take my time really but I promise to use the toys as much as possible...

A few shots from this evening. I managed to stretch the road out a few more feet. I think I have about 75' of road now so it's getting more fun. Hills, corners and a bridge. It's a good start!

Videos to follow!

Thanks for following along!
Old 04-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Get your popcorn out folks...... I can see Reg building a RC Disney land in the near future! .... Better yet, get your plane tickets! We're going to the island!

Funny how things look so much more scale when there isn't a condo or curb in the background eh?