RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another Tigercat...

Thanks guys, I've spent more time than I'd like to admit google searching pictures... some of them were even for the 630D. I found a few pics, two brochures and a couple videos of the D models so I think I can make it reasonable but I would just like more. You can never have enough info!

I'm glad to hear that the people from Tigercat are OK with this stuff. I thought they would be better than Cat because they actually have a downloadable link for the correct Tigercat logo's and colors on their site. I think Cat has all of their stuff "protected" don't they? Don't you automaticly go to jail if you build a Cat model? Oh Sh!t... here come the cops...

Reg
Old 02-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

RCP57-yes,CAT has their stuff protected. At first they flat refused to let me use the decals on my truck but I E-mailed them a second time and told them what I was doing and sent a couple of pictures of my truck. They said since I was not selling the model they could not legally give me permission to use the decals but I could put them on for my own use. Legal mumbo-jumbo
Old 02-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
RCP57-yes,CAT has their stuff protected. At first they flat refused to let me use the decals on my truck but I E-mailed them a second time and told them what I was doing and sent a couple of pictures of my truck. They said since I was not selling the model they could not legally give me permission to use the decals but I could put them on for my own use. Legal mumbo-jumbo
I remeber reading about that, I think its kind of silly because it's free advertisement for the manufacture.

I made some progress today on the sheet metal...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0905.JPG (41.7 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0906.JPG (39.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0907.JPG (40.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0908.JPG (62.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0909.JPG (38.4 KB, 51 views)
Old 02-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

a few more...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0912.JPG (55.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0913.JPG (48.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0914.JPG (43.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0915.JPG (53.8 KB, 55 views)
Old 02-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I tried making the hood wider than it should be to gain some space inside(last post) but it just didn't look right(it wasn't) so I narrowed it to the correct proportion. I did a little more machining for the axles too but I'm still waiting for my rotary table and chuck to come in so they just fall apart everytime I move them. It's slowly moving forward though I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0922.JPG (30.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0923.JPG (60.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0924.JPG (57.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0925.JPG (53.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0926.JPG (54.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 02-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Green Horn

Vanisle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I tried making the hood wider than it should be to gain some space inside(last post) but it just didn't look right(it wasn't) so I narrowed it to the correct proportion. I did a little more machining for the axles too but I'm still waiting for my rotary table and chuck to come in so they just fall apart everytime I move them. It's slowly moving forward though I guess.
Looks great. If you have to wait too long you could bring your parts here and use my mill with rotary table or DRO with Bolt Hole Circle function.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanisle View Post
Looks great. If you have to wait too long you could bring your parts here and use my mill with rotary table or DRO with Bolt Hole Circle function.
Thanks Richard, The stuff that I ordered should be here mid week but you never know I guess. If it doesn't show soon and we're both not working I may take you up on that. It would be good to visit anyway.

Reg
Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

Reg, you are doing awesome. You guys and and your abilities to work aluminum with mills, lathes, breaks and welding. I wish I had a few of the tools to make it happen.

It's going to be a beauty!!!

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 02-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
Reg, you are doing awesome. You guys and and your abilities to work aluminum with mills, lathes, breaks and welding. I wish I had a few of the tools to make it happen.

It's going to be a beauty!!!

Ben
Hey Ben, What drives your Cat? I haven't really decided if I will use one gear motor on each diff or just one for both. I wanted to use a 2 speed drill drive but I'm not sure that will leave enough space for all the other stuff.

Thanks Reg
Old 02-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

I use 4 gear motors. If you can figure out a way to use a central power train with axles or planetary hubs that would be much better. A few speeds may be good too. I have thought of changing motors to something a little quicker, it moves a little slow for me, but still has a ton of torque.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 02-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochaser View Post
I use 4 gear motors. If you can figure out a way to use a central power train with axles or planetary hubs that would be much better. A few speeds may be good too. I have thought of changing motors to something a little quicker, it moves a little slow for me, but still has a ton of torque.

Ben
OK thanks, Do you know what rpm and torque the motors are? My axles are about 2.6:1 so I'm thinking That I would need a gear motor that turned around 100rpm but I'm not sure. My tires are so big that I'm concerned about having enough power. I have two drill drives to choose from but I know they will be too fast without a further reduction and that takes up even more space.

Reg
Old 02-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Green Horn

You could use the MFAComo Drills 940D 100:1 gear motor, max torque 416 oz-in and as inexpensive as $32.31 USD (for 10 or more) at Technobotsonline in the UK:

The downside is if you choose Fedex (1-2 day shipping) like I did, they assess all sorts of stuff so I ended up paying about $150 for shipping/customs/brokerage fee and taxes. Best to choose airmail so customs clearance is done by the post office and you will save a fair bit.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Craftsman

They are 12volt 20 rpm gear motors with 14.4 volts to them. I think 40 rpm motors would be good for my application. Your tires are a larger diameter so you'd get more speed but lose torque, correct. I can hold mine still and it keeps spinning, I'm afraid something else will break so I've never pushed them to stall. Mine weighs around 20 lbs.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 02-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks guys! I'm not sure what this will weigh when it is done but it's pretty big and the tires will have lots of bite so I want it to have lots of power! I also thought about using a power window motor as they seem to be between 80-120rpm depending on which one you get but they don't really fit well in this.

Richard, what are you doing with all those motors? ADT and Loader???? Soon I'm gonna make you promise to build something out of all this cool sh!t you keep buying.

Reg
Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road

another great build Reg !!!! blows my mind how fast you guys build. and how great they look .... wow
Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Thanks guys! I'm not sure what this will weigh when it is done but it's pretty big and the tires will have lots of bite so I want it to have lots of power! I also thought about using a power window motor as they seem to be between 80-120rpm depending on which one you get but they don't really fit well in this.

Richard, what are you doing with all those motors? ADT and Loader???? Soon I'm gonna make you promise to build something out of all this cool sh!t you keep buying.

Reg
That's the plan (I bought 10 to get discount pricing toget 1 free but then really messed up on the shipping choice). Unfortunately for my construction projects, I think I just got a little sidetracked with some RC helis. So little time and so many fun things to work on.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseracer View Post
another great build Reg !!!! blows my mind how fast you guys build. and how great they look .... wow
Thanks! I like to keep busy!lol If I'm not busy then I'm bored and when I'm bored I get grumpy, or so I'm told!HA! When we get together this summer there should be a lot of equipment to run! I just hope we can get some hydro's figured out soon. The pumps we have built now make 15-20 bar which I think should be fine for this but not the Volvo so...

Reg
Old 03-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Looks great Reg
Your going to have to go into production, another good looking model

greg
Old 03-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Another great build in the works! I like how you found your ring and pinion, for the axles, out of a grinder. I almost feel stupid now, because I was looking for something just like that, and spent hours online trying to find some miniature ring and pinion gears. I did find some, but they were still on the large side for what I needed. It never dawned on me to even consider some cheap grinders. Great idea! The axles look really nice too. This will be a really great looking machine when it's done. Looking forward to it's completion.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Another great build in the works! I like how you found your ring and pinion, for the axles, out of a grinder. I almost feel stupid now, because I was looking for something just like that, and spent hours online trying to find some miniature ring and pinion gears. I did find some, but they were still on the large side for what I needed. It never dawned on me to even consider some cheap grinders. Great idea! The axles look really nice too. This will be a really great looking machine when it's done. Looking forward to it's completion.
My Dad put me on to the grinder idea after I 'd built the diff for my Euc using a Diawa fishing reel gear set. He saw what I was doing and told me he had just thrown out a grinder that would have had gears about that size. I saved a wornout grinder myself last year but it was more expensive to buy another one like it than to buy two new ones at the time. The week after I ripped apart the Kawi grinders the kind that I already had one of came on sale for $20... story of my life!

I haven't done much this week because I've been working and I'm still having grief with my eyes but I did pick up my rotory table and chuck. Now that I have the cart I'll be saving for the horse! I started drilling some holes last night...

Reg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0928.JPG (42.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0929.JPG (55.1 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0930.JPG (61.5 KB, 92 views)