RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 AM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WT*

I still rock the BB Bold 9930, touchscreen and full keyboard. Work provided (we only use BB) and I like no bill of my own so I can't complain.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Green Horn

rcman is on a distinguished road

i think they make things to break after a certain time so you have to buy new stuff. have a htc evo sprint phone and after 6 months the battery wouldnt last but 4 hours. was going to buy a new batt for 50 bucks and found a batt optimizer app and now my batt lasts all day long!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Buy the 3G I phone or current discounted old model,
One way to go cheap!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: WT*

Thanks for the smile guys...

That sh*t-he*d nephew of mine had one from work, and was always breaking it, or it would reset and lose his directory. I'd tell him to change providers, and make backups, and suddenly he's singing its praises. (*never was too bright*)

Me, I bought a Samsung r351 Link ($70) to replace my brick so I could text w/o hitting keys multiple times, and I'm ~still~ using it 4 years later. Heck, think I'm grandfathered into VirginMobile.ca's system. I bought a no-name clearcase at Radio Shack (now TheSource) and its saved my phone MANY times, case will pop apart, softening the blow to the phone. And its ~still~ on the original battery too - trick is to put it on charge the moment you loose that first bar for the battery.

I keep it mainly for emergencies, or calls when I'm out & about, so medics, parents, and such can get hold of me, but not much more. No Google, eBay, road directions, etc. It also means I don't havta 'rent' a phone in hospital ($40 plus for a week? Stuff that!)

As for Crackberries, NEVAH! I put the RiM 'sync' s/w on my computer, and it was like a bloody virus. Took me a week to get it all back off. And sorry guys, I HATE Apple too, so no i-Crap, not even to run one of the Drones.

I can get by with a ~semi~intelligent phone, thank the maker. Camera isn't bad, MP3 is tolerable (my 5y/o Sony Walkman needs a booster-battery, but otherwise runs fine) and the longer it lasts, the more $ I'm not tossing for a new one. Glitz? Thats for the nephew (and he PAYS for it)

WhiteWolf
- in lightly-faded black denims, no-name hightops, and a Walfart dress shirt
Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

well this phone is my bizz line and I explain very well (my way ) to the provider that it needs to work or -------------------- well they got me fixed up with a "mini tower" that hooks to my Internet till they get the towers switched around . Well all good and dandy IF I had a F'N DECENT INTERNET PROVIDER The 1 I have basically has a monopoly up here with out any TV cable they're all I got every time you bend over they got ya

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcman View Post
i think they make things to break after a certain time so you have to buy new stuff. have a htc evo sprint phone and after 6 months the battery wouldnt last but 4 hours. was going to buy a new batt for 50 bucks and found a batt optimizer app and now my batt lasts all day long!
What app is that? I have the same phone with the same battery issue.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

For a second there, I thought ya said " Whats an app? "

As for apps, oy! The one app I want for my phone, you can't ~get~ for my phone. I wanted a simple Solitaire game that I could play while I was in the waiting room for my doc appointments. Nope, not available. And I'm not buying a $200+ ~phone~ just to be able to play solitaire.

Then again, mebbe an old second-hand Nintendo DS would do me. My older sis has two munchkins addicted, mebbe I can wait until one upgrades then 'absorb' the old hardware (being the family tech and all)

I mean come on, its a PHONE... not a piece of 007 hardware!

WhiteWolf

PS: most laptops come with battery-optimizer s/w these days, even my 2.5 y/o Samsung came with one. Try this Brickie:

http://www.freeware4android.net/spri...et-117022.html

(just googled ' htc evo phone battery optimizer')

And here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/index.jspa (Sprint Community help!)

Last edited by WhiteWolf McBride; 02-05-2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: updating/adding data
Old 02-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Green Horn

rcman is on a distinguished road

@ bricknick not sure i just googled it on my phone and down loaded it... has a green character on it I have the app killer and battery optimizer and they both work great now my battery lasts all day .... hope that helps.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

my wife uses str8 talk and has a samsung andriod phone and it is $50 month unlimited call and internet
oh and the phone cost 60 dollars