RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossett View Post
Patients grasshopper its only testing you to see how long it takes before you really get the sh#t's and replace the whole thing with something better LOL

Cheers Tracy
well I think I finally won out It's working ( for now ) now to get the cam software so I can import my cad DWG's just talked to a rep and he never heard of my version ( before his time ) "88"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I hate waiting for shyt to get here so I can get something done I'm waiting on $ to get the machines I need waiting on more parts to fix the F'n 1 I have . Ahh $h!? , I'm tired and feel like $h!? , goodnight

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 PM
HillBilly Home Boyeee. WAZZZUP!

gun is on a distinguished road

they say you cant win all the time but wouldnt it be nice to just win once ?? hang in there
shane
Old 06-30-2011, 08:36 AM
Master A-Modeler

sneaky-pete is on a distinguished road

You could go back to making wheels the old way.
With my orders and others here we could keep you and a helper busy for
a year,then you would have enough mony to pay someone for your setup.

All joking asside hang in there Steve....good things come to those who wait.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky-pete View Post
You could go back to making wheels the old way.
With my orders and others here we could keep you and a helper busy for
a year,then you would have enough mony to pay someone for your setup.

All joking asside hang in there Steve....good things come to those who wait.
funny or not that may happen but with newer and bigger lathe . Got my shipments today for the POS mill , Funny they usually e-mail when they ship Now waiting for the new mill and lathe to arrive was hopping for the 4th

Old 06-30-2011, 07:29 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

NEW, lathe AND mill, WOW. Congratulations Steve.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
NEW, lathe AND mill, WOW. Congratulations Steve.
Well the VMC is a 1999 the guy bought it for a contract that fell through so It has never seen any type of metal in it the lathe is late 80's unfortunately with the trouble I had with my 1st cnc mill I refuse to get anything older then 2000 and they are up there in the price range need less to say with trying to get both I fell a little shy on available $ so I got the next best on the lathe . I can put my bar through the spindle which saves a bunch of time so save some more and maybe a HMC in the future The bugger is I got to go back in my barn cause the floor is designed for the weight unlike the heated floor in my basement garage ( can't risk f'n up that ) another bummer is , I'm pretty much chained to the east coast for another year . Suddenly a whole bunch of work came in this summer .

Old 07-02-2011, 10:00 AM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

Hey Steve not sure how thick your floor is but we set up a friend of mines shop and he has infloor heat.we put in a Cnc,huge metal break and a lath all on 2x6 oak planks with rubber mats underneath with no problem to the heat coils
The place he bought them from had the same infloor heat and they were told that the weight distribution would not be a issue if he set it up this way
It has been about 3 years now and everything seem to be fine
Not sure how thick your flood is but his is 3 to 4 inches
Old 07-02-2011, 12:39 PM

Spudd , I got 4" @ 4500PSI mix the lathe no problem but the mills are 6500Lbs and 8500 Lbs not only that I'm running out of room and available elc I had always planned to expand the barn and bring in a 480v service .

Old 07-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Oooh, high voltage 3 phase! Bring it on!
Later, Neil #2 aka doodlebug.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:08 PM

I wish Neil you can get 440 single phase . 3 phase is a costly endeavor even though It's just down the street I put some # together today , looks like a rubber matt and a steel plate under the mills in the current shop thanks too Spudd , for the rubber matt Idea

Old 07-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Steve, I lucked out, with a 200 amp 220volt 3 phase service, into my shipping container shop. Sure make's the inverter welder run smoother
(maybe that's all in my head).
Sometime's, make's me wonder if a genset would be more economical?
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:49 AM

I checked in to 3phase a couple years ago and got the crap surprised out of me!!!!!!!!!!
After the slab,transformer box and running in the wire it would be about $14000
Old 07-03-2011, 07:14 AM

yea thats about right Spudd I got at least a mile to a 3 phase line . so I'd have to pay for the infrastructure to get it to me If I get into a HMC , I my go the generator route depending the hp it has . before that happens ,you'll have to buy a LOT of wheels

Old 07-03-2011, 09:56 AM

I don't have to go that far but they would have to bore under a road to run mine.I'm thinking I will wait till someone buys the lot next to me and runs it in there shop. Talk about sticker shock!!!! I was thinking about 7 to 8 grand not $14000
I feel for ya Steve. I had my air compressor converted as it was 3 phase but now anything I buy I have to keep in mind not to get 3 phase
Old 07-03-2011, 10:59 AM

yea it sucks Cause all the production machines are 20+ hp I ran a 25HP RPC , It takes a 100A to run but starting it . I sold it off and trying to stay as low as hp motors I can with a VFD . the VMC already has 1 in it just hook to line 1&3 and trow the switch the lathe , well the 1 I got for this POS knee mill will go on it . I'm not sure about keeping this knee mill I'm tired of fixing it I got this jumping on the x axis when changing direction I checked it out mechanically (OK) swapped drives (no change ) + it stopped mid program with no error code , WTF I'm thinking new control in order for it ( the fellows last words as I leave with it ) working ha , AZZ I can jog mill with it but thats about all , Kinda pisses me off as I was hopping to use it for scale drop deck frames looks like call the local water jet guys and tig weld .

Old 07-03-2011, 11:29 AM

I have learned that fun = $
Wow I was pissed when I had to convert my air compressor!!!
You win hands down!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:20 PM

Spudd , 3 phase conversion on machinery is not bad till you get above 15HP . The reason I had the 25HP RPC was to run a monster air compressor well I finally asked the right person and said " nope it can't be done " when a air compressor starts under a load the amp draw is more then a phase convertor can handle ( found that out the hard way )

BOY AM I GLADE I'M NOT A MILLWRIGHT I still got to move the lathe in yet

Old 07-08-2011, 07:38 PM

My compressor is 10hp and was 3phase and converted it
I wish I would have put electronic start on it!!!!! When it starts the wires vibrate and all the lights in a squair mile dim!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Wannabe

pugs is on a distinguished road

Could also look in to a soft start and unloader valve for your compressor to reduce the high start load. Mine is same way, big load on start. Someday it will be replaced with a screw compressor which has unloader built in and is alot quieter overall as well (keep my sanity)