RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 12-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Angry RC4WD redeems their self from bad customer service!!!

I placed a big order with RC4WD the Monday before thanksgiving and received it last Thursday via UPS. That is 10 days from the date of order 7 working days. I open the package to find a $90 item missing so I emailed them right then and as of right now I still have not gotten a response from them.

To add to my anger Saturday I received a USPS package from from a different company in California that I ordered from on Thursday. Two days parcel post from CA and it took UPS 10 days.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 12-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RC4WD Realy bad coustomer service!!!

I ordered from them on 12-1-11 and the USPS tracking said it was here in Pittsburgh and I know I'll have it tomorrow the 6th. I never had any problems with them yet but I've only bought the little black shackles a couple times and some of their Renegade axles. In fact my second order of just the rear Renegade is what I'm expecting tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Green Horn

rcman is on a distinguished road

i ordered from them also i usually get it fast but when i had a order that was not complete and i emailed them i never heard from them so i dont order from them anymore.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

AMEN about RC4WD!!! I hate to order from them, just becasue of their customer service. They were supposed to have gotten a receptionist this year so you could actually talk to someone, but hasn't happened yet

Rob
Old 12-06-2011, 03:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I placed a big order with RC4WD the Monday before thanksgiving and received it last Thursday via UPS. That is 10 days from the date of order 7 working days. I open the package to find a $90 item missing so I emailed them right then and as of right now I still have not gotten a response from them.

To add to my anger Saturday I received a USPS package from from a different company in California that I ordered from on Thursday. Two days parcel post from CA and it took UPS 10 days.

Travis
Well, it was an extended holiday weekend, with Thanksgiving and all, but I'd bet the hold up wasn't so much UPS's fault. Sometimes it takes a couple days for RC4WD to actually process and ship an order, so they probably didn't ship it till Monday of the next week. Leaving UPS to get it to you in 4 days? That's usually pretty normal, for me and the things I order.

I have a feeling your second package came from *** Hobby. They are about the only guys I know who can get your stuff shipped from Cali so fast. Not sure how they do it, but they do. I think a lot of that has to do with how close you are to a sorting facility. If there is one in your town, you'll get your packages faster. It's silly, but if you don't have a sorting facility in your town, USPS ships the packages to neartest town that does, then ships back to where they are supposed to be delivered. Kind of adds another step.

I've generally had good luck with RC4WD. They do make mistakes, but are quick to correct them. Depending how busy things are, it can take a day to get a reply, via email. I'm sure they'll make good on your order. They never let me down. It would be nice if they actually got a full staff though. I think they are still short handed, and their business still booming. They are really the only game in town for some of the things we need. Others are starting to sell their products too. Like *** Hobby, whom I'd rather deal with first, if possible. *** usually has a great stock of RC4WD parts.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

nate his 2nd package was from lil machine shop . they are fast the only co in cali that is slow for me is RC4WD . my last package from them was my mil spec tires for my m75 . 1 peice of tape over the lid such that when I got my mail delivered it was in the box with the tires . lucky all the tires made it .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

I've been buy stuff from them for so many years it's not even funny. Sucks you had a bad deal here Travis but I can honestly say for the last year or so they've really pulled their **** together for the most part. I try to primarily use USPS Priority for everything. Fastest service out there for me and I have never had a busted package unlike the others.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:29 AM

siuvinson is on a distinguished road

I've seen these complaints before over on scale4x4 and usually the response given from the rc4wd reps that are members over there say that its best to order from *** instead of direct from rc4wd. I think they're more focused on the manufacturing and marketing of their products than they are on their direct retail sales...plus, like others have said, they're grossly understaffed for the amount of demand they generate.

It doesn't help your situation unfortunately, but next time try to order from some place like *** thats geared 100% to the consumer.

I hope they make good on your issue quickly!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Companies amaze me sometimes how bad they are with customer service.

I am building a Delta Loader for a customer right now and need parts from both robotmarketplace and a slotcar parts supplier by this Friday. So, I ordered everything Monday morning (yesterday) and I get no notifications from anybody that my stuff has shipped. I called robotmarketplace and they said that my order is "still in processing" and will "probably" ship today. I then called the slotcar parts supplier and got the same story! "we have your parts in stock and your order will probably ship out today" Neither of these 2 companies could care less if takes a few days to ship an order out...I will try different suppliers in the future that is for sure.

"No load is too Small"
Old 12-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I've noticed a lot of places take at least two days to process orders. It's not just the small guys either. Even big companies, like Tower Hobbies, A Main Hobbies, and Outback Toys. The worst part is everyone seems to be getting slower. I can't understand why. Are they waiting for funds to clear and to be sure the payment information given is legit? Thankfully, McMaster-Carr ships the same day or very next day. By far, no one has ever shipped as fast and painless as McMaster-Carr, and I imagine they do way more business then any other company online that I shop at. I often have my orders from them, the very next day, with regular shipping. It helps to live one state away, but still, they are truly on the top of their game!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

We're less than 3wks away from xmas... that should be your 1st clue that some delays in shipping & retail could be a possibility. 2ndly, it's just the start of winter weather!

I got some goodies from Germany coming, they told me two wks ago they might have it to me before xmas day... I said don't do it! Ship it in January. This time of yr the parcel will get abuse and/or lost temporality or indefinitely!

If you have never been affected by the xmas rush before, then you've been dam lucky.

Joe
Old 12-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes, it's getting close to Christmas, but honestly my experience is that it still took two days to process things, even in the middle of summer, and any other time of the year.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough

Is RC4X4 a full time business? I emailed them a couple months ago inquiring about one of their products and it took a couple days+ for a response.
I saw that some of their products have a disclaimer stating a 2-8 day wait before shipping.

Here is a tracking of my current order:

SAN JOSE
CA, 95134
Shipment Accepted December 01, 2011 - 12:52 pm
BELL GARDENS
CA, 90201
Depart USPS Sort Facility December 02, 2011 -
SAN JOSE
CA, 95125
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility December 02, 2011 - 7:53 am
BELL GARDENS
CA, 90201
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility December 02, 2011 - 9:08 am
WARRENDALE
PA, 15095
Processed through USPS Sort Facility December 05, 2011 - 5:59 am
PITTSBURGH
PA, 15242
Arrival at Post Office December 06, 2011 - 7:24 am
Sorting Complete December 06, 2011 - 9:33 am
Out for Delivery December 06, 2

Last edited by 9W Monighan; 12-06-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes, they are full time business. RC4WD usually has everything in stock, even though it sometimes says there is a 2-8 day lead time. This is sometimes true with the special order items, like complete truck kits, but a lot of the single parts are in stock, unless they say so, and in that case you aren't allowed to back order those items. I ordered some Punisher driveshafts, which said they had up to a 2-8 day lead time, but they shipped right away. I think it's a just in case kind of thing.

RC4WD is kind unique because a lot of their products are designed by hobbiests, all over the world, and as far as I know, nothing is machined in house. The business is quite small, working out of a rental suite, and I think the staff consists of at least three people. I think they do a lot of outside consulting on engineering, and designing their parts. I don't know the whole story, but they are a small staffed, small business, which is actually doing really well. If I remember right, the owner and founder is a guy named Hua, who just started out by selling parts for RC Monster trucks about the very late '90s, and things just took off from their. I remember ordering from him, when he was the staff, and no one else.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

This has nothing to do with the Christmas rush it was ordered before thanksgiving. did you not get the part where I ordered from another company in CA that was able to ship the same size box and approximate weight to me in 2 days? No email response today either so it is time to involve Pay Pal!!!!!

Travis

Old 12-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Wannabe

Brel is on a distinguished road

I have ordered parts from RC4WD and they usually take between ten to fourteen days to get to me in the UK from Hong Kong
Old 12-07-2011, 08:08 AM

Rckcrwlr is on a distinguished road

Travis,
My name is John. I am the Team Manager for RC4WD. Mind you, I am not an RC4WD employee but I will try to help here.

The volume of orders that RC4WD has sometimes delays the actual ship date. Regarding your reference to the other order from another vendor only says that they were able to get it out faster based on their volume or lack of and infrastructure.

All emails do get responded to but the volume is incredible. Please be patient. I will try to reach out to them and see if I can get more info on your delay.

I apologize for your frustrations and hope this will help.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:14 AM

Rckcrwlr is on a distinguished road

Travis,
Please PM me your order number and email address so I can dig into it.

thanks

Last edited by Rckcrwlr; 12-07-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:27 AM

siuvinson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
Companies amaze me sometimes how bad they are with customer service.

I am building a Delta Loader for a customer right now and need parts from both robotmarketplace and a slotcar parts supplier by this Friday. So, I ordered everything Monday morning (yesterday) and I get no notifications from anybody that my stuff has shipped. I called robotmarketplace and they said that my order is "still in processing" and will "probably" ship today. I then called the slotcar parts supplier and got the same story! "we have your parts in stock and your order will probably ship out today" Neither of these 2 companies could care less if takes a few days to ship an order out...I will try different suppliers in the future that is for sure.
Don't get me going on robotmarketplace! Unless I cannot order another part from somewhere else, I will never do business with them again. I'm sure other places do it, but have you ever gotten a message from them after placing your order saying that you owe them more money for shipping? I ordered a tamiya dual motor gearbox from them and a tamiya tank track & sproket set...and it was something like $7+ to ship an order that only cost me like $18. Then, I get a message saying that shipping was going to be more and they wanted another $2.50 from me....so almost $10 to ship a $18 order that was eventually shipped in a padded envelope! WTH????? Shipping time was decent, but the bologna they pulled w/ the shipping charge crap was the end of it for me.

I like tower, AMainHobbies and *** if I had to name top 3. And the only reason Tower made it is b/c they are based out of Champaign, IL which is only 2.5 hours from me so they ship quickly

Last edited by siuvinson; 12-07-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
Travis,
Please PM me your order number and email address so I can dig into it.

thanks
PM and email sent and thanks in advance for the help it is apriciated.

Travis

Quote:
Originally Posted by siuvinson View Post
Don't get me going on robotmarketplace! Unless I cannot order another part from somewhere else, I will never do business with them again. I'm sure other places do it, but have you ever gotten a message from them after placing your order saying that you owe them more money for shipping? I ordered a tamiya dual motor gearbox from them and a tamiya tank track & sproket set...and it was something like $7+ to ship an order that only cost me like $18. Then, I get a message saying that shipping was going to be more and they wanted another $2.50 from me....so almost $10 to ship a $18 order that was eventually shipped in a padded envelope! WTH????? Shipping time was decent, but the bologna they pulled w/ the shipping charge crap was the end of it for me.

I like tower, AMainHobbies and *** if I had to name top 3. And the only reason Tower made it is b/c they are based out of Champaign, IL which is only 2.5 hours from me so they ship quickly
I have also had some interesting deals with The Robot Marketplace. They have overcharged me for shipping but when I pointed it out to them they refunded the money. They also like to take your money for backordered items then they will eventually get it to you but their is no communication while you are waiting to update you on the status. Tower and Horizon are both good places to buy from if you don't have a local hobby shop. I buy all that I can from my LHS just for the fact that he is their when you need that little part on the weekend and want it now. As for *** he will never see a penny of my money I would spend twice as much elsewhere to get the same thing.

Travis