RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 08-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default House is ruined!!!

While at work today got a call from the wife saying the upstairs kitchen was flooded.... Turned out lost half the roof, 4 inches of water in the kitchen doen the stairs walls etc.... emergency guys are here i have water on all three levels of the house and they are prob kicking us out to a hotel! Man this sucks. only good thing is both kitchens upstairs and downstairs, my sons room, daughters room, bathroom all will be rebuilt!!! OH this sucks!!!! I hate water at the moment... So much for working on the lights on the truck tonight (thankfully not damaged in the disaster) Which is what they are calling my house a disaster..
Old 08-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Green Horn

civic83 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: House is ruined!!!

Oh wow that sucks dude! A couple years back our basement ( my hobby room ) flooded, I feel your pain!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:19 PM

Had that fixed 2 years ago when I had new drain tileput in the entire basement cause it flooded every time it rained
I'm kinda glad it happened cause now I get 2 new kitchens and rooms!
Here's the start of the emergency clean up crew

Last edited by dabears; 08-04-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

No good man! Suddenly the small hole in my kitchen ceiling doesn't seem like such a big deal!!
Old 08-05-2012, 02:41 AM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

Wow that sucks big time, glad to hear that the family is ok and that your gear survived. At least all else is replaceable.

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Wow, I feel for you and your family Aaron. Glad nobody was hurt. Not the greatest way to start August eh? Back in June a major storm went through Thunder Bay Ont. the water sewage plant failed and a friend of mine ended up with 4ft of not rainwater but treatment plant raw sewage in his basement! he can't return to his house, it's being torn down. So, be thankful it was just water.

Mario
Old 08-05-2012, 11:24 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Hopefully the insurance is quick to act & you get the major reno's done quickly and back in the house in short order!

Joe
Old 08-05-2012, 01:24 PM

Yes they are acting at an ok pace i think. They have these huge dehumidifiers and fans running so its hot as ........ cause the windows have to stay closed... i hope i can at least turn the air on a little bit. Its like a nightmare with a blessing... I get to finally have a few room i had planed on remodeling, remodeled for me just sucks as to how it happend. Fans have to be on for 4 days to dry out the wood......... YIKES!! should be a fun week. IS it Indy yet so i can just go out of town and forget about it? LOL
Old 08-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Green Horn

dmess62 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about the house, Glad to hear everyone is o.k.

Dave
Old 08-05-2012, 10:11 PM

Its over 100* in the house with these giant fans and dehumidifiers on. And living with me are the wife and kids, wifes mom and her brother...... Lots of crabby hot people. they keep looking at me and i tell them to go outside and hose off... What do they want me to do about it??? I cant go any faster then the insurance co.... Maybe ill send them all off to the Hotel... but the funny thing is the basement is a cooler 80* and they wont go down there.. Tomorrow the clean up crews are suposed to come back and start demo in more rooms. the whole upstairs is being gutted due to the damage and 3 rooms down stairs too. SO my living room and dinning room looks like a campsite. Im just happy my room didnt get damage. I get my bed!!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:41 PM

Insurance adjuster is saying little over $20k of damage as of now. We'll know more when a actually treat the walls down for rebuild. The while back half of my house is still closed off with industrial fans going to dry the wood. Hopefully tomorrow the fans come out. Then the Monday after Indy will start the rebuild
Old 08-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Hi Aaron, sorry to hear about the house! I totally missed your post! Glad the family's good! Hopefully after all the stress and disruption you'll come out better off. I was watching that storm even before it got to you, thought it was going to miss us but it didn't, it dropped an F1 tornado about 4 miles east of us right after I told my dad I had to get off the phone because something weird was going on with the winds. Turns out the track of the part of the storm with the funnel in it went over our neighborhood.
Hang in there buddy it will be over eventually and you can walk around in your new rooms thinking how nice they are!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Green Horn

mack kid is on a distinguished road

Holy )(#% that storm did lot of damage. Just Happy no one hurt. Hope your up and running soon. we got it bad on the south side too.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Hi Aaron, sorry to hear about the house! I totally missed your post! Glad the family's good! Hopefully after all the stress and disruption you'll come out better off. I was watching that storm even before it got to you, thought it was going to miss us but it didn't, it dropped an F1 tornado about 4 miles east of us right after I told my dad I had to get off the phone because something weird was going on with the winds. Turns out the track of the part of the storm with the funnel in it went over our neighborhood.
Hang in there buddy it will be over eventually and you can walk around in your new rooms thinking how nice they are!
WOW talk about a close call for you!!! Yea im excited to get new rooms done, they were on the list of things to do myself but now i get to pay for them monthly after my rates go up instead of all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack kid View Post
Holy )(#% that storm did lot of damage. Just Happy no one hurt. Hope your up and running soon. we got it bad on the south side too.
I was wondering how you weathered the storm, or how bad it hit you guys! Yikes! I was at work when it happened all the way up by Gurnee and up there we got like sprinkles for 10 mins and then the wife calls yelling the house is flooding. I just asked her what am i suposed to do over the phone?? lol she didnt get the humor in it at the time i guess but then again i didnt know how bad it was until an hour later she sent me pics of the ceiling that caved in, 3" of water in the upstairs kitchen etc... then i was like ok well call the insurance co..

Luckly turns out my good friend works for Belfor one of the stated largest rehab companies and he came over and made sure that the co the ins sent was doing things right.. which they were not so he told them to fix it and they did. As soon as their equipment comes out tomorrow his company is taking over for the rebuild!!! Finally a light a the tunnel! Ive known him for prob 8 years and knowhe will make sure the job gets done right and he's the one that goes between me and the ins, and is in charge of the workers!! YEA!! And his not only does his company work with my ins good, his wife is an agent with my ins co so she knows what they will and will not pay for and do for me. so the worst is over just have to deal with this caos for a few more weeks. and go figure my son starts school next week and he's parked out on the couch with his sister who is being a 4 year old pest!!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Green Horn

mack kid is on a distinguished road

We had lot power out for two days. Some just coming on line yesterday. wind had trees trying to go 90 degree. a lot off roofs blown off. but no one hurt around here. man your lucky with your insurance/project connection. Sweet! piece of mind to know someone is looking out for you.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 AM

The insurance people are being........... So we are still waiting for them. Roof had been repaired but still waiting to get the inside started and back to normal. It sucks
Old 08-21-2012, 02:58 PM
The Man The Myth The Ledgen RUSS OF DA LOUD!

russisloud is on a distinguished road

wow, that really dose suck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 PM

uk trucker is on a distinguished road

I've only seen the trail of devestation on a TV programme about Stephen Fry touring America, so I can't really begin to imagine what its like but hope it soon gets sorted. Sounds like you know the right people to atleast get a good job done of the repairs.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:39 PM

Yea that I do. We're still waiting on the insurance to approve the repair bill..... Its only up to $23k I already payed the $1k deductible.... (which was some of my truck fund )
Old 10-14-2012, 12:36 PM

About time!!!!! YAY well after all this time of being f'ed around by Allstate ( your in good hands my ***) they finally after being threatened to be reported to the national insurance group as well as a few full news reports on tv and papers ( oh yea i wrote a few up and sent them what i was going to submit) they finally cut some checks and work should start Tuesday!