RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 05-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brand new f$cking trucks with TONS of problems

I was talking about miles a mechanical motor driven full time in the city.... as in 500,000 miles. not $500,000 LOL

Last I checked a Mack E6 will cost me about $1,600 in liners,pistons,bearings rings etc... if I did the Heads the machine shop would ask about $800 for both heads. Sounds about the same as your Small cam would be. I have yet to hear anyone able to rebuild a Newer Cat,Cummins,Mack, or Detroit for twice that price. Seams every time a truck goes into a dealership for engine work its a minimum of $1000. Heck a tru flo air compressor that once cost $150 is now double that. im not knocking any brand of truck I just really hate to see owners get a brand new truck and then see all these problems that older trucks dident have.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:26 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmackattack View Post
I was talking about miles a mechanical motor driven full time in the city.... as in 500,000 miles. not $500,000 LOL

Last I checked a Mack E6 will cost me about $1,600 in liners,pistons,bearings rings etc... if I did the Heads the machine shop would ask about $800 for both heads. Sounds about the same as your Small cam would be. I have yet to hear anyone able to rebuild a Newer Cat,Cummins,Mack, or Detroit for twice that price. Seams every time a truck goes into a dealership for engine work its a minimum of $1000. Heck a tru flo air compressor that once cost $150 is now double that. im not knocking any brand of truck I just really hate to see owners get a brand new truck and then see all these problems that older trucks dident have.
yea now dat I thunk abooot it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

cat C-16 625HP
head cost $7000. plus core
premum rebuild kit $11,000 from cat
water pump $500 plus core
wireing harness $900
labor for freddy was about $2000.
labor for Justin to fix computer b.s. $1000.
total $22400 PLUS lost revenue
Old 05-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

And none of the air compressors last anymore, they're a disappointment! It cost me about $250.00 last time my Mack's ECM had to have a "Mental Enema"!
Cheer's, Neil.

Last edited by doodlebug; 05-26-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:25 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I guess I got spoiled with the DT466B's, D239 , DT239 , small cam up to big cam 3 cummins . Almost in framed a 237(675) mack , dad got cheep and parked it loved that old U with the rogers detachable . No , we'll be fine moving the big iron on the 18T converted from an 12T trailjunk .The only trailer I ever had to jack down onto the hitch empty I hated that POS even when it was a 12T . I never got the chance to drive anything with a puter on the motor cept my dodge (still tempted to put a P7100 on it ).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH429 View Post
I owned a 92 T800 with an N14 (mechanical motor) bought with 320k miles and put about 200k miles on it, while i had it, it always ran great.

If the manufacturers continue to produce junk, an up side is plenty of work for skilled techs like yourself.

I have given up any hope or trust in the government and the people who run it, a long time ago. Its being run into the ground by asshats who care only about lining their own pockets and have no interest in what is better for the people and future generations. They are puppets who only do what the large corp is paying them to do.
Well I was informed by our parts supplier that there is only like 3 companys that produce DEF fluid for all the other companys that bottle it and label it under tons of different brands. The interesting fact that he informed me of is that one of the largest producers of DEF fluid is owned by a parent company, that parent company is owned by two senators and a congress men. That's right the same men that mandate us to use the fluid are the ones who produce the fluid. I personally feel you shouldn't be allowed tl pass a law saying I must use something that you make a living selling......conflict of interests much???? Scum politicians ruining every single aspect of this great country.

Last edited by BRICKNICK; 05-28-2014 at 09:08 PM. Reason: mispelling of a key word
Old 05-28-2014, 11:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Well I was informed by our parts supplier that there is only like 3 companys that produce DEF fluid for all the other companys that bottle it and label it under tons of different brands. The interesting fact that he informed me of is that one of the largest producers of DEF fluid is owned by a parent company, that parent company is owned by two senators and a congress men. That's right the same men that mandate us to use the fluid are the ones who produce the fluid. I personally feel you shouldn't be allowed tl pass a law saying I must use something that you make a living selling......conflict of interests much???? Scum politicians ruining every single aspect of this great country.
Yup, that's the story! Only advantage to DEF is less EGR, But not close to being reliable!
Cheers, Neil.