RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 10-30-2010, 06:33 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about
Default Participation ?

There are over 200 active members on this site and maybe 50 builders. I don't have a problem with a person just checking out what is going on every now and then but we need some more action around here to make this the best RC site on the net for trucks and heavy equipment. Don't we? Or am I way off base? If your not a big builder type person you could at lest comment on what some of the talent that is on the board instead of just being a looky-loo. At lest we would have something to read anyway. Come on people are you going to be a participant in the best RC TRUCK AND EQUIPMENT SITE or are you going to be a look-loo?

Well I feel better. Next.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Participation ?

well now I expect some comments from you when your reading me threads then .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:46 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

I thought I did comment on your threads. And just how do you know I'm reading them anyway? You spying on me? lol
Old 10-30-2010, 08:34 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
I thought I did comment on your threads. And just how do you know I'm reading them anyway? You spying on me? lol
lets just say the deaf read a lot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:10 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

As far as my build just in case people were wondering summer is almost here and the painting can be finished and then the fun part of doing all the detail bits and pieces can begin and yes as ihbuilder said "lets just say the deaf read a lot"

Cheers Cossett

Old 10-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

This is the way it was over on the garden too.. We had tons of members but only a few that were posting and I am sure the econ is keeping some from building but they should be able to type. I am seeing more of are members saying more over on scale then here on the same builds. Also you can see who is in a thread and I have noticed that members look over the thread but yet say nothing and I know there is not always something to say but there is most of the time.. That is just my .02..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Last edited by Tamiya Cowboy; 10-30-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 PM

Justinside is on a distinguished road

I am new to this hobby, and I have asked some questions, I am in the middle of building a Mercedes 1850L and have a Kind Hauler to work on next. I would like to build a trailer from scratch, but am not sure where to start.

What I would like to see is more instruction of how to do things and then I think you will see more activity, and then there will be more people eventually to share the knowledge instead of the same people all the time.

Just my 2 cents.

Paul
Old 10-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Good points everybody..

Paul, as for the instruction part, well sometimes that chews up a lot of time. You have to take pictures of every step, which slows ya down. Then ya have to take the time to upload all those picture and then type out the instructions.

I have done this several times before on other forums and for my trains. It truly is something I like doing but it take a lot of time.

I for one have no problem what so ever taking the time to teach someone something i did if they ask. But as for just throwing it out there, that would depend on time...

Kind of a catch 22, if you don't comment at all on a post then your just a looky loo, but if you comment on all post's then your a post *****....

Well guess I better get the street walking clothes on then cause if I see something i want to comment on, I'm commenting. Even if that is every new post every day...

-Mike

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 10-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinside View Post
I am new to this hobby, and I have asked some questions, I am in the middle of building a Mercedes 1850L and have a Kind Hauler to work on next. I would like to build a trailer from scratch, but am not sure where to start.

What I would like to see is more instruction of how to do things and then I think you will see more activity, and then there will be more people eventually to share the knowledge instead of the same people all the time.

Just my 2 cents.

Paul
Freddy, Tamiyacowboy, Jammer, myself and a few others have done build threads on our trailers. If their is somthing specific that you want to know you can feal free to post a question on a build thread and any member should be more tham happy to help out or PM me and I will do the best that I can to answer some questions. Most of us buy a trailer kit and bash it to make what we want. Thinking about this I will start a Trailer Tips and Tricks thread where all can give their ideas and input and we will see how it works out.

Travis

Old 10-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Good idea Travis!!

-Mike

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 10-31-2010, 01:16 AM

Travis & Mike

Thank you. I am still working threw the threads, so much info, and enjoyable.

I know there is no such thing as a stupid question, but I am so new to this, I am not sure what questions to ask.

I am thinking of buying a trailer and building that first, then I may learn the right questions to ask.

Great forum.

Thanks again

Paul
Old 10-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Freddy, Tamiyacowboy, Jammer, myself and a few others have done build threads on our trailers. If their is something specific that you want to know you can feel free to post a question on a build thread and any member should be more than happy to help out or PM me and I will do the best that I can to answer some questions. Most of us buy a trailer kit and bash it to make what we want. Thinking about this I will start a Trailer Tips and Tricks thread where all can give their ideas and input and we will see how it works out.

Travis
Travis is right I am more than happy to answer and question on a build, Also Mike you only look like a post hore if you post mindless comments in threads like "Nice" "Sweet job" and "Great Work" but on this board if we see that we delete it so..LOL

And another thing this is why the "Calling all" Sections were started. This is to give guys a quick index of builds on the board if there is a build thread for any truck or trailer so guys can find what they need easy rather than running threw pages of builds plus it is another way to give new life to old threads lots of times new guys want to make a comment on a old build but are afraid to dig up a old thread as they think it makes them look like a newbie and most don't want to point that out but that is just fine old builds deserve comments too..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 10-31-2010, 09:10 AM

paul , travis , and fdg maybe we should do a "show your" tread in the construction section . but limit to just 1 pic and build link . I think the "show your " treads are a good idea ,it's kinda like a table of contents .

IHSteve

Old 10-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Do you guys remember the 'build directory' thread on the garden trucking forum? It was the only sticky in the truck section, and all the active members there could post a link to every build that they documented on the website. They could also edit and add to their list, as they started or finished new builds. It seemed a lot cleaner then having 5 or 6 stickys at the top of the truck and trailer section of this forum.

I know I suggested it once, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but I still think this forum is big enough for the trailer builds to have their own sub-section. Seperate the trucks from the trailers. There is a seperate sub-section just for Assuie trucks, why not one for trailers as well? Then move the 'show your wagons' sticky, and the 'trailer build tips' sticky to the trailer section. That way you won't have 5 or 6 stickys cluttering up the top of the 'trucks and trailers' section, like you do now.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Do you guys remember the 'build directory' thread on the garden trucking forum? It was the only sticky in the truck section, and all the active members there could post a link to every build that they documented on the website. They could also edit and add to their list, as they started or finished new builds. It seemed a lot cleaner then having 5 or 6 stickys at the top of the truck and trailer section of this forum.

I know I suggested it once, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but I still think this forum is big enough for the trailer builds to have their own sub-section. Seperate the trucks from the trailers. There is a seperate sub-section just for Assuie trucks, why not one for trailers as well? Then move the 'show your wagons' sticky, and the 'trailer build tips' sticky to the trailer section. That way you won't have 5 or 6 stickys cluttering up the top of the 'trucks and trailers' section, like you do now.
As a Newbie I would like that very much. Great idea.

Paul
Old 10-31-2010, 03:23 PM

Bodyman is on a distinguished road

i agree with mike and paul.i havent been in my hobby room since the first of the year.
i plan on getty back there this month and start to enjoy it again. i didnt want to sound like a post *****. i have been in this site daily,but havent finish my knight hauler
and trailer.its hard to find time when your working 70hrs a week.Nice thing about working alot of hours is all the toys i bought and put in the hobby room,just have to get to it. i also would like a "how to "section. the trouble i have is where to buy alot of parts.
could there be a section on suppliers. when i see someone mention a source i put it in a folder for future use. As to posting pics, i have to fiqure that out as im not good with computers. ****, it takeing some time to fiqure out how to use this site. i agree with joe that we need to get more involved and im quilty on that.
just my one cent worth, obama took the other.
steve
Old 10-31-2010, 04:36 PM

I know there are plenty of people on this forum, including me, that will answer any question that comes up. There is such a wide verity of talent here that someone kows the answer, If you are a beginner builder, you won't be for long because these people can teach you whatever you need for this hobby. So not knowing something is no excuse, ask, remember we all started somewhere. Don't just be a looky-loo, contribute, after all you may have a special talent to bring into the hobby.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:44 PM

Blender is on a distinguished road

looky-loo I prefer "lurker"
Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road

Just like SPfan I have to throw in my idea too....I think we should have a chatroom, that way members are free to talk and questions are answered faster. I hate when you have to wait and post and wait and post to get an answer. Maybe something to look into?

Just my... 5 DALLAHS!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker View Post
Just like SPfan I have to throw in my idea too....I think we should have a chatroom, that way members are free to talk and questions are answered faster. I hate when you have to wait and post and wait and post to get an answer. Maybe something to look into?

Just my... 5 DALLAHS!
Asking questions is just like building a truck you have to have patients. You have to wait for paint to dry and you have to wait for answers as for a chat room I am not for it. If you post and have to wait for an answer then that means there is no one here at the time to answer it then that means there is no one to come to the chat room.

Travis