RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:08 PM

crusher is on a distinguished road
Default Have tried everything i can think of

I am building my first build, it is a cat 330b exc. I purchased a new os 560kv motor to drive the hyd pump, I also purchased a new 90amp yep esc. I cannot get the motor to run. I have the esc hooked into channel 8 on the receiver. When power is on the red indicator on the esc lites up but no movement on the motor, I have channel 8 activated with a switch on radio. I tried an ohm meter across the motor leads disconnected from the esc all seem to have about same reading. I also purchased the set up card for the esc. The only setup instructions I can find on the net are for either heli or plane. I used the plane setup.
I have run into a deadend, any help or suggestions would be very welcome.
Thanks
Terry
Old 12-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Have tried everything i can think of

Any pictures of your setup? I'm not very experienced with brushless motors but some guys are. Pics might help.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Try calibrateing the throttle. Have to read the esc direction but usually power on at full throttle wait for beep/lights to change, a second or two, put in neutral then waIt then full reverse wait,, then nutral ect. Sometimes an esc wouldn't run until it's calibrated with radio. Also look up on net for that specific esc. I'm sure you are not alone and someone probably has a video of doing so.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Try calibrateing the throttle. Have to read the esc direction but usually power on at full throttle wait for beep/lights to change, a second or two, put in neutral then waIt then full reverse wait,, then nutral ect. Sometimes an esc wouldn't run until it's calibrated with radio. Also look up on net for that specific esc. I'm sure you are not alone and someone probably has a video of doing so.
Forgot to add, try on normal throttle channel (left stick up n down) if it works there it may be your rx settings on other channel with switch replacing input etc.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:22 AM

crusher is on a distinguished road

Thanks very much for your replies, I will give your suggestions a try, if it works will I then be able to use it on an aux channel, I want to use the left stick for the excavator boom or stick control.
Terry