RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Defenders of the land. > Military Vehicles.

Military Vehicles. Trucks/Support Vehicles in here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Wannabe

kingbob is on a distinguished road
Default Bob's M1070

OK, so even though my Optimus Prime isnt finished yet, it is close, and i'm contemplating my next build. I love the look of the US M1070 HET, so figured i'd try my hand at one.

But before I start buying parts, i want to make sure what I have in mind is feasible, at least on paper.

Obviously all 4 axles are driven, with front and rear stearable, so i'd probably use TLT1 axles at each end, unless anyone can recommend a better alternative? Can anyone confirm the internal ratio of the TLT1 axle vs Tamiya semi axles is the same, or should i use TLT axles for all 4?

Also, does the TLT1 axle have a pin/hex drive system, or a splined drive like a semi axle? That one makes a big difference to what wheels I can use, whether they are hex or pin drive.

The other problem with wheels, is the size. The M1070 has 53" tires, which in 1/14 scale is 96mm. The closest I can find to the real design is the Rock Crusher X/T from rc4wd, which is a 94mm tire. But it has a 1.55" inner size. Given that i'd have to make and attach hubcabs, i'd prefer plastic wheels, but i cant find any. Anyone have any recommendations?

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks.
Bob