RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:45 PM
Wannabe

Mustang46555 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Carson Goldhofer Trailer

"I do not have it infront of me here, but the difference (for lack of a better description)is one pushes and one pulls.

It's all based on the spring location inside shock unit.

A= is the collapsed unit that you have to pull against spring
B= is a sprung unit that you have to push against spring to shorten."

Perfect! That explanation was exactly what I needed. Thanks
Your trailer is looking awesome. I like the tire rack.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:45 PM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough

Thanks, While little things dry and get buttoned upon the trailer. I am working on what will be sitting on trailer. LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:44 PM

Backlash is on a distinguished road

Nice build...

But I have a silly question...

Instead of using the voltage step-up board, why not use a 3S 11.1V LiPo battery mounted under the Goldhofer instead.. A small, plug in low voltage alarm would take care of any over discharge issues...

You could use the same LiPo battery to run any lights etc as well..

Just a thought...
Old 06-29-2015, 10:39 AM
Tamiya Rep

janderson will become famous soon enoughjanderson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
Nice build...

But I have a silly question...

Instead of using the voltage step-up board, why not use a 3S 11.1V LiPo battery mounted under the Goldhofer instead.. A small, plug in low voltage alarm would take care of any over discharge issues...

You could use the same LiPo battery to run any lights etc as well..

Just a thought...
And while that is a great question, the reason is the motor that runs the ramps would be fried at 11.1v.

You see the motor is supposed to be run at 3v, I am kind of pushing it at 7.2v.

So the Step-up is only to really run the wireless controller. There are many ways you could wire something like this and it all depends of course what what your planning on running.

-->

Old 06-29-2015, 10:59 AM

Backlash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson View Post
And while that is a great question, the reason is the motor that runs the ramps would be fried at 11.1v.

You see the motor is supposed to be run at 3v, I am kind of pushing it at 7.2v.

So the Step-up is only to really run the wireless controller. There are many ways you could wire something like this and it all depends of course what what your planning on running.
Sorry, My bad... I just assumed that the motor was 12V (as well) and that's why you chose to use a 12V wireless controller..
Old 06-29-2015, 11:13 AM
Tamiya Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlash View Post
Sorry, My bad... I just assumed that the motor was 12V (as well) and that's why you chose to use a 12V wireless controller..
I had that around extra from another project years ago. It was easier to recycle.

-->