RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Central Plains Mini Truckers Club

Old 10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Kansas show April 19-21 2013

Ok guys so I was approached this morning from one of my customers about how the weekend went and I got to telling him how much fun we had and what all we were able to do. I showed him some of my pics from the weekend and also the video that J.D. posted and he was absolutely ecstatic. He was watching the video like a little kid on christmas waiting to open his first gift. Now he is a very avid owner operator of a construction company and has all the big toys to play with but just watching out little machines brought so much joy to his face he could hardly peel away from the comp.

He is very involved with the local and state wide truck shows that are put on around here and is the president of the state antique truck club that meets here each month. He started thinking and asked me if I could pull something like the St. Louis show off here and I told him I would have to check but I'm sure we could prolly pull something together and have a few guys show up.

Once he heard that he was game on. He started telling me what all we could have, what facilities or warehouses of his we could use, the sizes, materials, and anything at all we needed he would help provide. (like I said before he was like a kid in a candy store)

Anyways I told him it would take a while to get it all set up but I'm confident that I could help him out.

So my question for all you guys on the forum is, "Can we do this"? The show will be located here in Newton, KS which is just 30 minutes north of Wichita, KS if any of you know where that is. It will either be held on April 20th or 27th next spring and will run all day saturday but we could start anytime as soon as thursday or friday and go through the weekend and either clean up sunday or monday if anyone is interested in spending that much time playing.

There will be no cost for anyone to come and play "work" and the facility will all be taken care of. As for hotels we have tons of fancy new hotels less that a minute or two away just around the corner so it is easily walking distance to the area we would be having the show.

I would really like to be able to pull some of the Indy guys and most everyone that made it this last weekend to Ed's in St. Louis to come and have a good time as well as make a meet for some of the guys that are further out west so finally get a meet and be able to enjoy the shows as it is so much enjoyment for the whole group.

I will leave this open to any and everyone to comment on and give me ideas about putting on a show here and hopefully we can get this on the calendar soon enough that plenty of people can make it and we can put on a good show for the antique truck show group and maybe help our hobby grow a little stronger here out west a farther.

Thanks in advance for any help from anyone and if anyone is very interested they can contact me via pm as well and we can discuss more in depth details as to what all could be accomplished for this show.

Tyler
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kansas Event Possibility in April

As much as i would want to go its an 11.5 hour drive (without traffic) for me.. I wouldnt know until a month or so before it to know for sure if i could make it there or not.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

I will make the trip,heck look at rock crawlers and racers that travel to comps etc. AS long as we can have the weekend im in
Old 10-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
As much as i would want to go its an 11.5 hour drive (without traffic) for me.. I wouldnt know until a month or so before it to know for sure if i could make it there or not.
Aaron it would be great to have ya there if you could make it. We have tons of cattle around here and that cattle trailer you and Bob had this weekend with those globes would definitely be a great conversation piece for around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhog View Post
I will make the trip,heck look at rock crawlers and racers that travel to comps etc. AS long as we can have the weekend im in
Chris as well with you it would be nice to have ya come and bring Liam as well. We would definitely have saturday and sunday to run along with friday anytime too. I can have the space for any of the time needed so we can have plenty of time to setup, run and tear down without being rushed.

Thanks for taking interest and if anyone else would be in for it lemme know.

Tyler
Old 10-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Tyler you are for getting Cabin fever is this coming in April 12 to 14 2013 in York PA and it is a big show with a lot of dirt, 3 truck loads plus venders, auction, a meal and lots of other things to do. Ed

Last edited by JAMMER; 10-23-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
Tyler you are for getting Cabin fever is this coming in April 12 to 14 2013 in York PA and it is a big show with a lot of dirt, 3 truck loads plus venders, auction, a meal and lots of other things to do. Ed
Ed that is a big show and would be great for the north eastern guys but for the guys that can't make that trip a more centrally or western located show is much mor feasable. It would be well over a 12 hr drive for me to get there so for the guys further west it would be even worse.

I understand the big show but for those of us further west I'm giving a good opportunity to attend a good size facility and show.

Tyler
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Journeyman

Ok, so a little more talking with Scott today about what he was thinking for a show and he is looking at providing us with anything from sand, top soil, small rock, electricity in the facility, heat and air depending on the weather and any other amenities that we would need.

He also told me that if we wanted to set up anything such as buildings, a quarry of some sort or any other types of road way or bridges that he had no problem with it as well. He has multiple locations that we could set up in and I would be able to set up prior to the show anything that you guys see fit and that we could have all the time we needed to play "work" all weekend until whenever.

Now he does want people there during the day saturday off and on to bring in more attractions for the antique truck show that will be held but he would like anyone that wants to, to venture over to the show and take a look around and have a good time there as well. The whole thing is open to the public and he said he could open up and area and block it off for spectators to view the equipment operating and also if we had any vendors there, a place for everyone to have a swap meet or selling area.

If any of this sounds up to par for a show please let me know. Also if anyone has any ideas as to what they would like to see or have there it would be great to hear as well.

I am currently talking to Tamiya about coming and setting up a booth for products and have stuff to sell as well but that is still in the early stages as well.

Hope to get some feedback on this from you guys to know where everyone stands.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 10-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

It would be nice and I would like to go I too would have to wait till about a month out bad thing for me there is no real goo way to get there but hyw 81 about 8 hrs I would of made St. L but the date was moved and did not work for me.. I got 3 cattle post Ill bring all 3 number 4 might be done by then LOL

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Journeyman

Paul I would love to have some cattle trailers here at the show as cattle are very well populated around our area. If you can make it that'd be great, we'll have plenty of room for ya to bring as many toys as you can fit.

Tyler
Old 10-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Journeyman

Well ladies and gentlemen we have an official time and place for the event in April for the truck show. We talked today and the regional truck show will be friday April 19th and saturday the 20th from 9am till 3pm. We will have space setup for us to run the trucks and setup beginning friday afternoon anytime and run till we are done. Our truck show for the rc's will go from friday the 19th till sunday the 21st for packing up and heading out.

The facility is setup very well and has multiple outlets all around and plenty of floor space to run all the equipment we can bring. We will have plenty of tables and chairs to setup for each individual that can make it so everybody has plenty of space to setup and fix things if need be.

There will be a dinner friday evening at the truck plaza for anybody that is comming in for the show that is complimentary and there will be lots of great full size trucks to check out as well.

We are working on rooms for everyone but as of right now it is looking like we may be put up at the hotels around the show free of charge throughout the weekend but we will still have to make sure everything will work out. I would really like to keep the trip as cheap as I can for everyone so hopefully more people will be able to afford to come.

If you guys have any questions or comments please feel free to let me know and I will do my best to get them answered for you.

I have about four people for sure for this weekend and I'm looking to get alot more so we have plenty of participants.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 10-30-2012, 10:18 PM

bigmudbronco is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kansas show April 19-21 2013

count me in!! I am in process of rebuilding my king hauler and getting a new trailer. i got nothing in my area. my wife can do a lot of pics and videos.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmudbronco View Post
count me in!! I am in process of rebuilding my king hauler and getting a new trailer. i got nothing in my area. my wife can do a lot of pics and videos.
Sounds good, glad to have another member on board with us. I hope we can get a few more followers and put on a great show and also let you guys check out an awesome antique truck show while you are here.

Tyler
Old 11-03-2012, 10:48 PM

do we know if anyone is going to have a scale garage or shop that we can pull trucks in and out. i am thinking about giving it a try. how many people are 4 sure going?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmudbronco View Post
do we know if anyone is going to have a scale garage or shop that we can pull trucks in and out. i am thinking about giving it a try. how many people are 4 sure going?
I will be in the process of building a dock and garage for the trucks to pull into and drive through that will be sided without a roof so you can see your truck. I'm planning a double bay dock and a single drive through shop with the possibility of a fueling station as well. I will probably start building it within the month and have some pics up so you can get an idea of what you are gonna be up against.

Tyler
Old 11-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

I will for sure come out and can bring rubber and pits to load out of.I also am in the process of building a bridge in 5 ft sections and i also have a shop that i could bring,along with some equipment
Old 11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Journeyman

Hey Chris the more the merrier!!! We have a lot of room to fill in the shop and whatever we can run with or drive through and load I'm up for. If anyone has anything specific they'd like just lemme know and we'll see what we can come up with.

Tyler
Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Green Horn

heavy_duty is on a distinguished road

I AM THERE.Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Ed
Old 11-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_duty View Post
I AM THERE.Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Ed
Awesome I will be calling you this week Ed to talk about some stuff for the show and some of the projects we talked about at your place.

Keep em coming guys, I have lots of room to keep filling up.

Tyler
Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road

I will try my best to make it, I'll have a better idea as the show gets closer
Old 11-06-2012, 11:08 PM

if there is anything i can help with let me know!!