RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Steamer

I think you should go with four axles total, maybe you could pull two axels out and post a photo so we can compare. Great idea for a transfer type box .

greg
Old 03-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Thanks Greg. Great idea. Never thought but when I build the dump for the truck I made it so that you pull two pins and it's off. Well I did that and put it on the trailer frame and I think it's just about the right size at 16". What do you think.

Thanks Rob
Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Rob, ever thought of making it, into a transfer dump? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiBIYAiIajM Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Wow this is a cool build! I'm not sure how I missed it.

Brian
Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in PA View Post
Wow this is a cool build! I'm not sure how I missed it.

Brian
LOL Truly a stunning build nice work..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road

looks way better with 4 axles, as cool as the transfer is something like this would look sweet behind your awesome coe.

your reach on you trailer might need to be a bit longer too if you want to dump the truck with out unhooking the trailer. just some thoughts, this is one awesome build. . can't wait to see more
Old 03-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Looking good rob..On my way to work this morning I saw a beauty KW all chromed out and lit up like a xmas tree with one of those trailers pulling behind..Wish i would of had my camera with me ...Gona be a nice pair when done and you can get in that line up that joe has ..lol
Old 03-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Green Horn

chaseracer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Looking good rob..On my way to work this morning I saw a beauty KW all chromed out and lit up like a xmas tree with one of those trailers pulling behind..Wish i would of had my camera with me ...Gona be a nice pair when done and you can get in that line up that joe has ..lol
was it blue Lou ? if so that is lil bro trucking from victoria, I loaded that truck last night he was heading up you way this morning, you will probably see it again tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

I think It was Jason ..Both boxes truck and trailer were very highly polished aluminum..Id be nevous about loading him as an operator
Old 03-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Journeyman

Neil. When I started the build that was my intention, for a transfer truck and trailer. The problem was how to make the high lift tail gate on the box. I though of air, hydraulics, using a winch or some springs but just could not get any of it to fit in that tight space. So if you have any thoughts that you might share I'm all ears. That's the best part of this forum. How about this one

Two trailers back to back..

Brian and Paul. Glad you found the build and thanks for the compliments. It's been a fun build.

Jason you have me thinking between the one you suggested and this one.

The only reason I'm thinking this one is I wouldn't have such a long thread on the screw drive and when that box is full it's going to be a heavy lift.
With a short box the screw drive will move it to the back and then lift, so it will kinda have the transfer look.
Lou did it look like this, It sure is a nice rig.

Thanks guys for all the replies and keep them coming
Rob
Old 03-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey Rob, Are the linear servo's that Izzy used too big for tail gate lift?
http://www.firgelli.com/index.php Now the next question? A while back I saw a video on you tube, for an Austrailian logging trailer set up, multiple trailer's that folded up on each other. Thank's, Elliot330 and Tracy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6877...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOdXM...eature=related

Any way's, that rc trailer had a real neat chain drive setup, that would work for the transfer trailer. I think it would take a battery and receiver under the trailer. Winch drive, or screw drive for pushing the transfer box, into the truck box?
Cost my be getting out of control for this idea? I don't know what radio you are using? Will your's support 2 reciever's?

Ok, next question, how to make the tailgate work on the transfer box, when it's in the truck?

Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Rob , I built a high rise tailgate on my 9370 , I'll have to get some pics for you . if you have room for 2 645mg servos under the box in the back , you could make some linkage arrangement to lift the tailgate . I have mine up buy the dog house in the body . here check this site out http://www.jmhtrailers.com/Heavy-Dut...mptrucks3.html mine is somewhat based on theirs .

Steve

PS I'll get a vid up of mine working by the weekend

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:22 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I like your idea of a sliding box Rob, very trick without being overly complicated to build, will work flawlessly everytime with every load & no hands on.

Transfers -> too many small, intricate parts that will break, bind, burn out, blow up...! I think such an idea is buildable, but won't be good for no hands, trouble free, regular use.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey Joe, good point, I think I opened "a can of worm's".

Never the less, we aren't bored scheming up new way's to build model's!
Thank's for the link, I'm looking at 1:1 demolition bed's, for my next truck.
Hey Rob, have fun with building the new trailer!

Old 03-17-2011, 01:38 AM
Journeyman

Neil. Ya I looked at the liner actuators, but they take up to much space as there's only about 1/8" thickness to work with.
Steve. looking forward to see how you did the high lift, don't want to steal your ideas but just some pointers would be good.

The radio I'm using is a TH9X Sky Fly. 2.4 . It has lots of switch's and knobs and I bound it to two receivers so I can put one in the trailer to operate the screw drive, brakes, tailgate lock and the lock pin on the turn table to be able to back it up. The transfer drive I was going to model is made by Beall Trailers and you can see the video here.http://www.beallcorp.com/aluminum-transfer/
It kinda neat as there are no hydro's on the trailer.
Joe Thanks for the comments and I can see where you need the reliability moving all those mountains of dirt. I myself like to push the envelope and try to make things as scale as I can and if possible make them work. If I can somehow make the lift gate work, I'll take those four axles and make up two trailers and that would be even more fun. Keep the comments rolling in and let's see where this end's up.
Rob
Old 03-17-2011, 02:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey Rob, interested to see how you set the trailer brake's up.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Rob in this thread , post #6 8th pic green dump on the bridge dumping with the tailgate up . the servo is mounted up on the bulkhead by the dog house . I have a spring assist for the original servo (65mg) that burnt up but 1 645mg picks it like nothing I'll get closer pics if you want . http://173.201.47.108/showthread.php?p=22209#post22209

IHSteve

Old 03-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Journeyman

Steve That's a great idea. Never thought about running the controls on the inside of the box. That opens up a whole new list of ideas to make it work. Thanks.
Rob
Old 03-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thank's Steve, missed that detail the first time. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Green Horn

Jared is on a distinguished road

Transfer! Transfer! I vote for transfer, but I'm biased because I like pulling them. My old boss was telling me when he was in Finland he saw transfers that had a jaw clutch arrangement to drive the transfer chain. One half was on the back of the truck and the other half on the front of the trailer so when the truck backed up to the trailer, the jaws meshed and the driver could transfer without getting out of the truck. All he had to do was get out to unhook and hook up, and I can't remember for sure but there might have even been an automatic release for the air and electric lines and the hitch so the driver only had to get out to hook up.
But whatever you do I can tell it's gonna turn out good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Ok, next question, how to make the tailgate work on the transfer box, when it's in the truck?
The 1:1's I've pulled had a stirrup that hung off the front side of the tub tailgate latch that the open truck tailgate latch slips into when the tub is transferred into the truck. When the truck latch is closed, it pushes down on the stirrup which opens the tub latch. Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited by Jared; 03-20-2011 at 11:52 AM.