RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 05-16-2015, 03:57 AM

Papabaer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

looks so fantastic - i think i´ve to build some too

...so kepp on rolling, keep on trucking!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Greets from Germany
Martin
Old 05-17-2015, 11:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Haven't had much time lately but I was glad I installed lights, a couple short videos that the wife filmed. It looks like some alien planet with someone running a d11 around giant bat-bear-pig animals!!!

http://youtu.be/4Y4-fbRANpk
http://youtu.be/MaWmqg1XLLw
Old 05-17-2015, 11:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Still have to make the rock guard, attach tilt hoses to back of blade and to stabilizer bar, paint stabilizer bar
Old 05-18-2015, 10:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

That thing does some serious damage in the dirt! The little guy better watch out or he/she will end up under the dirt, the dozers as big as the dog!
Old 05-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Yes that brute moves some pretty serious dirt in a short time ,,well done ..great graveyard shift vid .
Old 05-18-2015, 05:30 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

That looks killer! way to be productive with your time, now its 24/7 of play!
Old 05-18-2015, 08:40 PM

Wiskybilt is on a distinguished road

That is one nice piece of equipment. Looks like the tracks are scratching in good too. That dirt looked pretty wet and heavy and you were pushing a pretty big jag.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks guys!!

Right now it is really appreciated the good complements!!! So,,,,, tonight I finally decided to get into the computer aspect of radio programming. I went the traditional way programming the dumptruck, excavator and the lowboy trailer. So I decided to try the computer programming for setting up the dozer. I had been using the turnigy tx9 for the dozer, had some minor glitches and have been wanting to change to the taranis radio system I have for the others, modelmatch, telemetry ect,,, better set up for me. After getting the mixes and channels sorted out and using the simulator I was ready to swap the actual Rx out of dozer and do the fine tuning of servo end points, centering, ect. Figured wait till tomorrow to do that. But tonight I figured I would flash the actual radio memory with new dozer model. Had the appropriate slot and downloaded the other models to computer. Now it gets bad, somehow I accidentally loaded the new model to radio memory before I downloaded and saved models that were already established on the actual radio. Sooooo now I have model 1-3 nothing and model 4(the d11) programmed but not physically hooked up. I was soo mad at myself for doing that!!! Could have cried!! So now I get to reprogram the excavator, not that bad, the trailer, a little bit confusing as I used 4channels not a splitter for the 4 actuators, and finally the dump truck, that's the pain, transmission servo, lockers, dump mixing ect,,,,, oh one of those nights to lay awake thinking about my mistakes I've made, definately puts me in the bad side of the man child, feel like I have to go to bed without dinner to think about what I've done as punishment!!!!

Well I guess I'll get a little more familiar with my radio programming skills!!!
Old 05-18-2015, 11:24 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Spektrum, buddy...

Joe
Old 05-19-2015, 05:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

that sucks rw but you get it figured out. that blade looks great pushing dirt
Old 05-19-2015, 11:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Spektrum, buddy...
I figured out what I did wrong, I had two different programs open on the desktop of computer, I was updating the firmware on one and reading/writing on the other. I downloaded all the models to the desktop and then wiped the radio to start fresh. When I went to download the d11 file I got confused and x'ed out of the other file I had on desktop with the original models. Temporary storage, but I deleted it!! It would have happened with anything, I can say that being able to set up the models on the computer is easier than hitting all the buttons on the radio (if ya know what your doing ) tonight I ran the dozer for the last time using old radio, tomorrow I'm going to swap out tx/Rx on her. Should be just a matter of centering and limiting servos. And I also just got done redoing the excavator. I did slow the action of slew ring, still turns same speed just a little delay to start. Hopefully it will be easier on gears and less jerkey from inputs. Also changed the initial startup on track motors. A little less sensitive from small travel on side pots that I'm controlling them with. Center beep also to let me know when in neutral. The pump is on a switch then directed to dial pot. That way I can set it and forget it from switching different models, or up/down the rpms manually. All these new radios have a tones of what ya can do!! I do like this taranis, it's completely open it whatever ya want to do, can change any inputs to any channels any switches ect, assuming like the specky stuff but only $250!! Next it to reprogram the dumper.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 05-19-2015, 11:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I can't run the dozer wide open and level at the same time. On a1:1 dozer I can level running wide open. Guess I need some more experience on the little guy. No videos but will take some soon. And there is a giant wolf running around the pit!! Look at the size of his tracks! Lol!!
Old 05-19-2015, 11:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
that sucks rw but you get it figured out. that blade looks great pushing dirt
Yea it does!! The part I hate the most about this hobby, programming the radio stuff. Well I just had to learn all over again!! Thanks, after playing around with the new blade it definately is better for the dirt!!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:44 AM

It looks pretty smooth to me, I have trouble staying in the seat of a 1:1 dozer when I'm grading. That's the toughest part for me. I'm good with the hoe and loader, but grading with the dozer is up,down. Up,down...
Old 05-22-2015, 08:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://youtu.be/VZnT9h0UjpA

http://youtu.be/XAzs_EyDjBc

Some videos of the equipment. I still have some tweaking to do with dozer yet.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Had to cheat a little bit, brought over another scoop of dirt!! I tilled up a patch of dirt last year. Tilled it when it was super dry then stock piled it. Figured over winter any clumps of grass would be pretty much decomposed. Got into the pile last week and in the middle it was still popcorn-fart dry!! Just like it was last year when I piled it!! Even made the pile as to collect water on top!! We had a lot of rain/snow also! Had a nice pile of about 80 yards
Old 05-22-2015, 11:58 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Nice videos cooper-I enjoy watching that dozer work. That new blade is a much better fit for that machine in my opinion.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Nice videos cooper-I enjoy watching that dozer work. That new blade is a much better fit for that machine in my opinion.
Thanks , yes I agree, I have been around coal mines and always wanted to drive a d11 with the big coal blade. Guess that's why I went that way to start. But for the model the regular dirt blade is working out better. And I think I got the geometry of cutting edge and blade more accurate this time. If I get motivated a bit more I'll get around to making the rock guard. Still haven't attached hoses to back of blade and just have them zip-tied to the stabilizer bar,, for now . Just having too much fun using it while the weather is nice!!! Oh and just watched the weather, I live in central Pennsylvania and they are saying we have a frost warning tonight!!! Crazy!!!! Was going to take equipment down to Riverlot to rework our truck track but keeping them home instead, that's why the pile of dirt got dropped off,,, more quality relaxing holiday weekend time,, running heavy equipment. (1:14 style )
Old 05-22-2015, 02:41 PM

IM with ya on the frost, we were going to camp out with the grandkids. I guess they will be happy to play around in the crop coal I dug up. I need that dozer and a nice drag line down here to get a real mini mine started!