RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
now that the shak is almost done are you going to start on the trailer ? as for the truck what can i say that hasnt been said ? holy cow what a truck you da man
Ummm NO. I can't start on the trailer till the truck is done... OCD thing.. or I'm just crazy either way got to finish the truck first.

Oh and thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 02-07-2012, 06:13 AM
HillBilly Home Boyeee. WAZZZUP!

gun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Ummm NO. I can't start on the trailer till the truck is done... OCD thing.. or I'm just crazy either way got to finish the truck first.

Oh and thanks
So that's how you finish a truck ! No wonder I can't get my done my OCD or ADD keeps getting in the way of look at that spider on the wall
Old 02-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

This thing is just INSANE! Huge and very detailed, with some awesome touches. Great work, I can't wait to see this finished. Sorry if you have already mentioned this, I couldn't see, but do you have a paint/color scheme in mind? I suppose it will need to be something pretty epic in order to finish off an epic build.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
This thing is just INSANE! Huge and very detailed, with some awesome touches. Great work, I can't wait to see this finished. Sorry if you have already mentioned this, I couldn't see, but do you have a paint/color scheme in mind? I suppose it will need to be something pretty epic in order to finish off an epic build.

Thanks Swag... Check out the first page of the build, there you will find drawings of the truck with the color scheme.

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 02-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Green Horn

Panther F is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Classy Shak

Oooohhhhh man! What an amazing looking truck.

It's a beauty!

~ Jeff
Old 02-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Wow Mike that is one serious stage coach......that is one serious project, especially since I've been following it since the drawn up plans of the build. It's nice to see her progress this far. You are a true craftsman, not to mention with the patience of a saint, guess that's why your truck looks as good as it does and mine....well let's just say patience isn't my strong suit. Great build man.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

my friend that is a seriously long tractor and in all my time of building trucks and what i have seen over the years i have never seen a build as detailed as your truck...my hat is off to you ...you have done an amazing job!!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther F View Post
Oooohhhhh man! What an amazing looking truck.

It's a beauty!
~ Jeff
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Wow Mike that is one serious stage coach......that is one serious project, especially since I've been following it since the drawn up plans of the build. It's nice to see her progress this far. You are a true craftsman, not to mention with the patience of a saint, guess that's why your truck looks as good as it does and mine....well let's just say patience isn't my strong suit. Great build man.
Thanks, No cash makes patience. The good thing is had I had the cash to do this faster it would not have had the detail it does. Keep in mind your truck only has to look good to you, why others opinions are worth something, in the end you have to be happy with your truck regardless of what others think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
my friend that is a seriously long tractor and in all my time of building trucks and what i have seen over the years i have never seen a build as detailed as your truck...my hat is off to you ...you have done an amazing job!!!!!
Thanks. And I cut it down by 5 inches..

Old 03-05-2012, 02:19 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

I got my Bending Machine from Micro Mark this week so I got my tank straps made with the Stainless Strips from Brian.

Old 03-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Apprentice

Anyone got a tissue?....drooling here! Tanks and straps are so scale....love it.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road

****... it's gonna have more LED's than a small town. Awesome work

If you got it, a Trucker brought it....
Old 03-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Ok brain picking time...

Anyone familiar with RC air craft?

I need a cable to operate my fifth wheel release. I was thinking that maybe RC air planes use them.

Here is what I am looking for only I need it much smaller and shorter.

If I can't find one of these small enough then I could use some braided cable in a piece of stainless tubing if I can find it small enough. I think .018" cable would be perfect.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike, that is a good idea, and I was thinking the same thing. But i'm like you...no luck finding aircraft cable short enough. So I was thinking of going to a local music store and looking at guitar strings. Cutting to length, bending the ends like I need them. If this works, i'll let you know.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Apprentice

Dreamweaver, I used to build RC planes, many years ago. Things may have changed, but I used to get delron or PVC flexi tubes in RC plane shops. This was able to take a decent curve. I would run from cockpit to tail, down inside the fuselage. I would then get a thin flexi rod to feed through the tube and then you would have screw on "horns" hand screwed onto the ends of the rods and they would snap to the servo horn on one end and the control surface (rudder, aileron or elevator etc). I am sure that this would work for you and there are choices of design and finish on the horns available.

You can also make "hard" push rods. See video below, he uses the plastic horns I mentioned, you can also get alloy ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3raUcsSjvhs

Last edited by SWAGGER; 03-11-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Journeyman

kaptain Jack is on a distinguished road

I do a lot of R.C. boat building, at least half of them use flexi shaft for rudder steering, I'm sorry, I can't upload pictures,for some reason it never works from my computer,but if you have access to rc boats, you'll see right away how simple it is.
P.S. Love your build.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Mike I just used a simple push rod made similar to what Swagger was talking about with a ball joint on the other end and a few other bends to get thought the turn table base plate and covered in black heat shrink connected to a micro servo...

Old 03-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
Dreamweaver, I used to build RC planes, many years ago. Things may have changed, but I used to get delron or PVC flexi tubes in RC plane shops. This was able to take a decent curve. I would run from cockpit to tail, down inside the fuselage. I would then get a thin flexi rod to feed through the tube and then you would have screw on "horns" hand screwed onto the ends of the rods and they would snap to the servo horn on one end and the control surface (rudder, aileron or elevator etc). I am sure that this would work for you and there are choices of design and finish on the horns available.

You can also make "hard" push rods. See video below, he uses the plastic horns I mentioned, you can also get alloy ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3raUcsSjvhs
Thanks Swagger I'll see if I can find some and see if it will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain Jack View Post
I do a lot of R.C. boat building, at least half of them use flexi shaft for rudder steering, I'm sorry, I can't upload pictures,for some reason it never works from my computer,but if you have access to rc boats, you'll see right away how simple it is.
P.S. Love your build.
Thanks Kaptain Jack. I have no access to boats, I'll try and find something on youtube or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossett View Post
Mike I just used a simple push rod made similar to what Swagger was talking about with a ball joint on the other end and a few other bends to get thought the turn table base plate and covered in black heat shrink connected to a micro servo...
Tracey got some pictures of what your talking about. The thing is to do it as I want it needs to be pretty flexible. I want the cable to come through the mounting base for the fifth wheel and then forward to the fifth wheel lock. Then I want it to go under the deck plate and up through the sleeper floor to the servo in the sleeper.

I was thinking hooking it to the bolt that the spring is on there so that the servo pulls to open.

Last edited by Dreamweaver; 03-11-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:47 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Looks good Mike! the tank straps are off the hook!!
Old 03-11-2012, 06:52 PM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Mike here is a couple of quick pic's till I can get her opened up , but the push rod has two Z on ether end one has a ball join going thought the turn table base plate to the locking arm and then the other end with a z on it goes thought a servo horn ( note the push rod runs under the cross member/s not through them), the micro servo is running parallel to the chassis with a adaptor plate I made to suit the location of the mount.. (I have my servo under the sleeper to keep the back nice and clean)

Old 03-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Journeyman

kaptain Jack is on a distinguished road

I just took few snap shots of the rudder and servo links,but as usual it failed to upload.If you want you can Email me and I'll send you the pictures.IAMJACKIAM@HOTMAIL.CA. Jack