RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Americans in Sweden

Hi, here´s pic on my 2 american built trucks.
The Pete is normaly used to haul my construction equipment, have a swedish low boy on loan. Will have a Rogers trailer (imported last year but in a bad shape, not road ready yet) to make a matching set together with my D4.

Freightliner is to new to be registrated, have only run it on dealer plates to different shows the last 5 years. This truck will be sold, has run only 37000miles.

The Scania-Vabis is an LS55 from 1960. It was used only for 8years, then parked in garage for next 35 years. I have kept it in 1968 shape, without any washing so dirt is now 42 years old!

Cat D4 is an old ex swedish military machine, they had 500 of them. The scraper is an old Garwood, don´t have any more info on this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0020.jpg (42.1 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0003.jpg (42.4 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg DAN PERSSON 05 10 13 .jpg (56.9 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg Dan Persson 05 10 13 064.jpg (37.2 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg D4 med Garwood.jpg (65.4 KB, 192 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Americans in Sweden

Oops, did something wrong, don´t know why pics got so small, any hint?
(before posting more)

Dan
Old 09-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Dan. Don't worry, when you click on them they go full size.
Great looking trucks by the way. Rob
Old 09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road

You can post them with the "insert image" tool when composing your thread if they are posted online instead of attaching them to a post.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I like the Peterbilt, but that Frieghtliner looks clean and sharp! Is there a rule that keeps you from registering an American truck that is to new? How old does an American truck have to be, and why do they have that rule?
Old 09-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Apprentice

The freightliner was completely rebuilt/painted when I bought it 5 years ago. The problem is that we got a new legislation on brakes here in 1074, older than that is no problem. There´s no problem with brakes when testing (practical) as certification station, but lack of paperwork from manufactors makes it impossible to get a registration on newer truck.
Although we are a European union (about 20 countries) with the same legislation (should be) there´s a possibility to make registration i like Germany but that registration is not transferable to Sweden. So I have decided to sell this one.
All countries has their own special rules and this makes it hard. But when it comes to personal cars Sweden has a very generous legislation that alows us to build almost a vehicle by you self, people in other countries are very yellous on this rule, but on heavy trucks, no no.
Dan
Old 03-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Apprentice

Waiting to get this baby home. The trailer was shipped from us to Norway some years ago, tried to buy it that time from owner but shouldn´t be sold. Now I did get the chance and did buy it. This must be the only Great Dane trailer in northern europe (only know some in Holland) and will be going together with my Pete. Trailer has 5 spoke wheels 20" wheels, anyone knows if 22,5" fits on same hubs??? The trailer is from 1977 and in good shape , no dents on sides.
The Great Dane logos on front upper corner is missing (can not see that there has been anyone mounted), are those expensive and available??
Will come back with more pics when tested together.

Dan
Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

great looking trailer!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Apprentice

Thanks, can´t wait to get it home and coupled together with my Pete, will go to Norway next weekend to get it.
Dan
Old 04-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Apprentice

Went to Oslo last weekend to get the trailer. Got a brand new Euro6 engine equipped truck (Euro6 are basicly same as EPA10 but for Europe), one of the first built ones. The trailer was running nice behind the truck, looking forward to couple it together with the Pete. Will update with new pics as soon I have both at same place.
Maybee I will convert inside of trailer some day to living areas and with a 10´loading space at rear for my big models.

Dan
Old 05-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Apprentice

Did discover last weekend that those letters was not decals from beginning, it´s actual painted to the trailer. Was this common (don´t know when decals started arrive).
Right hand side cleaned, next to do left side, then some welding on trailer bogie and rear end of trailer. Planning to install a small lifting device inside trailer to hoist my models up.
If time (and money) allows there will be a bedroom, bathroom and living room inside trailer (but i will not opening any windows, but a G-D door on right hand side should be nice). Anyone installed a door in a stainless trailer??
Dan
Old 05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Dan, a lot of the older trailer's, end up as jobsite storage. The owner's use steel framed, steel door's like what you may, find in industrial setting's. I'll see if I can find some of the door's for example.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey Dan, hope this give's you some idea's
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg STEEL DOOR1.jpg (22.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg STEEL DOOR2.jpg (20.5 KB, 37 views)
Old 08-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Apprentice

Neil, thanks for suggestion. Have had more thoughts about doors and will proably have a " hidden door" made into the front wall.

Have worked a little with the trailer. Bogie was lift off trailer and all rust holes was re welded with new steel plates. Sandblasted and painted in my color, the dark green metallic (same color as the truck will be painted).
All tires was removed from rims and they was also sandblasted and painted white.

Bogie rewelded and painted. Not decided yet if hubs will be dark or lighter green metallic. Bogie still waiting for final layer when turned around.

Rims blasted and painted in new color, white of course! Waiting for new tires. Planned from beginning to change to tubeless tires but then I had to change wheels to. Those wheels are not available in Sweden so sticked to tube tires, old school

Will continue next week to paint borders of trailer to correct color (if weather permits).
Dan
Old 08-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Apprentice

By the way, anyone having the modern (from 70's) Great Dane emblems laying around??
Have found the dog plate to front and the G-D logo to the rear but still misses the side plates (again, living in Sweden, you can´t find those things here, will go to G-D dealer next time I visit usa if not found before)
Dan
Old 10-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Apprentice

At last truck and trailer together. The boggie was mounted today and took the trailer for a short spin. The old owner sign on side is still not removed on left side, need some stronger paint remover (without damageing the steel sides). The black outlining will be repainted green, same color that truck will get next summer. Can´t wait to get it done!

Have not decided if I should go for same mudguards as on truck for trailer or if I will change to half fenders on truck and plain rubber sheets on trailer.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Apprentice

Have finaly ordered new half fenders to the truck. A new cromed bumper will be in same package. Still waiting for paintremover for trailer (yes it was painted not decaled on the stainless sides).

Here's a link to film taken last weekend when we were out driving with some of the americans here in Sweden (guess that here's about 60-70 truck today so you will see 10% of them)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqTGzAhTq-E

dan
Old 05-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
Have finaly ordered new half fenders to the truck. A new cromed bumper will be in same package. Still waiting for paintremover for trailer (yes it was painted not decaled on the stainless sides).

Here's a link to film taken last weekend when we were out driving with some of the americans here in Sweden (guess that here's about 60-70 truck today so you will see 10% of them)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqTGzAhTq-E

dan
Look's you guy's are having a good time
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:04 AM

aussietruckerguy is on a distinguished road

very nice looking gear! wish I could get going with my own truck. Just over here (australia) there is no money for a small one truck guy
Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Apprentice

Finally got the trailer repainted to green instead of black. Left side was cleaned from all company logo shown on photos earlier and the machine polished all side. New side marker lights to be added (req by law) and connect the lights on top of sides (anyone know how and where they are connected, can´t find any wiring). Have a 36" sleeper but like the look without

Will continue with inside this summer, floor will be sanded smoth, inside wall painted and a small living/sleeping area installed in front of trailer. Maybee there will be a small crane inside to load and unload the Caterpillar models.

Waiting for a new bumber and 1/2 fender to arrive. Will maybee repaint chassis also this summer. Cab and hood have to wait to next summer $$$

Dan