RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2017, 02:03 PM
Wannabe

Mustang46555 is on a distinguished road
Default RC4WD Lowboy

Well, I figured it was time to do a mini review of the RC4WD lowboy. I had backordered the trailer from Tower Hobbies on Christmas Eve since I had a soon to expire coupon and they were offering free shipping. Tower hit their ship date by UPS was delayed by flooding out west. After opening the HUGE box here is what greeted me;

The trailer is very well made. All machine work is clean and free of burrs with few if any tool marks visible. Trailer decking is some sort of plastic and seems very durable. The side extensions snap on and off. For hauling my dozer they are needed. Wheel and tires are RC4WD Budd's with their tires. The trailer is set up for tail lights even including LED holders down both sides for markers although no lens' are supplied.

Hooked up and loaded it makes an impressive rig. It pulls good though I would recommend a 4:1 reduction if heavy loads are aboard. Loaded clearance under the trailer is good. The floor/carpet transition was easily cleared.

My only real gripe is the lack of lens' for the tail lights, at the price point of this unit come on RC4WD 6 little pieces of plastic, really?
Of course with a little help from a friend it now looks like this;

Over all a very nice unit for the price.