RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Smoke generator question...

I would like to put a smoker in the "SLUMLORD" since I already have the operational wipers. And here's my question...Does the "smoke" leave a residue on the body? If it does, I don't think i'll go that route.

Thanx, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 PM

Clint307 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Smoke generator question...

Where do you find smoke systems for these trucks cause towerhobbies doesn't have anything that doesn't require a gas or glow engine to burn the oil?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Stepside Rod is the man to talk to.

http://www.harbormodels.com/site08/m...ges/smoker.htm
Old 03-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Stepside Rod is the man to talk to.

http://www.harbormodels.com/site08/m...ges/smoker.htm
Thank you Claus, I will do that.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztruck View Post
Yes they do leave a residue. You will never get a smoke unit to blow the smoke you want. They only blow white smoke, not black. when you get one working good enough to see the smoke from any sort of distance you will have a truck that looks like it has a blown motor. Only oil and steam no diesel. Sorry about that
If you really want to have a go at it try this.

http://wmunderway.8m.com/cont/smoke/smoke.htm

Chris
Thanx Chris, and I think you made my mind up for me...no. I guess i'll do without.

Big John

Old 03-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

No big deal John, today's electronic engines don't belch black smoke no more anyway.
Our RC trucks are environmentally friendly lol

Mario
Old 03-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
No big deal John, today's electronic engines don't belch black smoke no more anyway.
Our RC trucks are environmentally friendly lol

Mario
LOL!!! But it would have been cool though. I did see a steam unit on youtube, and it blew the steam pretty good. But as I figured in no time the body was covered in water.

Big John

Old 03-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I have some O gauge trains that smoke, never had an issue with residue. Spilling is more of a mess than anything but even that is not too bad.

MTH makes diesel scented smoke, wish it was black. Wish my truck could do this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21L7xs2EisQ
Old 03-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wanted to add, now that steam generators have a fan (much better than the old days), you can make a plume of smoke then shut it off like the truck is starting off in a hard pull, still the wrong color but it is an option.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Wanted to add, now that steam generators have a fan (much better than the old days), you can make a plume of smoke then shut it off like the truck is starting off in a hard pull, still the wrong color but it is an option.
Yes sir, that's the way to puff out the smoke. As far as the color of smoke, I often had a thought of adding black food color. But the two main reasons I guess you couldn't is it probably wouldn't mix well, and what if it got on the body. I just don't want to ruin anything. Thanx for the vid.

Big John

Old 04-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Good news big John!..... I found a way for white smoke to actually be appropriate and make sense!
All ya need is snow!
I just watched this video and I thought..... That's it! Drive your rigs in the cold because that's when the exhaust is white!...lol.
All ya gotta do is move to Canada, where winter is 8 months long and your RC with white smoke will fit right in!

http://youtu.be/1VZvYjVFzkA

Mario
Old 04-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Good news big John!..... I found a way for white smoke to actually be appropriate and make sense!
All ya need is snow!
I just watched this video and I thought..... That's it! Drive your rigs in the cold because that's when the exhaust is white!...lol.
All ya gotta do is move to Canada, where winter is 8 months long and your RC with white smoke will fit right in!

http://youtu.be/1VZvYjVFzkA

Mario
Mario, I love ya buddy, but I HATE the cold. So a move to Canada is a no go. I have seen this rig, and I wanted to post the video on the workings of this rig, but I couldn't figure out how to post it on the board. But yes the smoke looks good against the snow. Thanx for sharing the vid. I thought it was funny when the guy was running the truck from inside the house...smart man.

Big John